Celtics as constructed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Celtics as constructed...

I am a very loyal and unbiased Celtic fan, and have been for over 60 years now and I just dont see how this team as constructed can beat any of the following teams in a seven game series.

Heat, Magic, or Bulls in the East

OKC, Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs in the West (Well maybe the Spurs if we injure one of their older guys as some on this board would love to see *classless*. Anyways, I digress... I do know that we must obtain a big man for us to even compete. I am not sure what Danny has in store but I am hoping he does something to get us a legitimate big. Steimsma is just not going to cut it. Who should the Celtics pursue with a vengeance to make us legitimate title contenders again? I love the idea of Kaman coming here, but just dont find it to be reasonable at this point. Maybe if Andre the Giant were still alive, he could be our Kendrick Perkins.

GO Celtics!!  By the way,, Great win last night over those fiesty Bucks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Celtics as constructed...

In Response to Celtics as constructed...:
    I am a very loyal and unbiased Celtic fan, and have been for over 60 years now and I just dont see how this team as constructed can beat any of the following teams in a seven game series. Heat, Magic, or Bulls in the East OKC, Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs in the West (Well maybe the Spurs if we injure one of their older guys as some on this board would love to see *classless*. Anyways, I digress... I do know that we must obtain a big man for us to even compete. I am not sure what Danny has in store but I am hoping he does something to get us a legitimate big. Steimsma is just not going to cut it. Who should the Celtics pursue with a vengeance to make us legitimate title contenders again? I love the idea of Kaman coming here, but just dont find it to be reasonable at this point. Maybe if Andre the Giant were still alive, he could be our Kendrick Perkins. GO Celtics!!  By the way,, Great win last night over those fiesty Bucks!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Win a game over a playoff team or don't win at all so that the future can start sooner rather than later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics as constructed...:
    In Response to Celtics as constructed... : Win a game over a playoff team or don't win at all so that the future can start sooner rather than later.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Quitter 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Celtics as constructed... : Win a game over a playoff team or don't win at all so that the future can start sooner rather than later.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Why cant we stay contenders and rebuild a little at a time. I disagree that the Celtics need to just blow it up when they obviously have quality pieces and just need a few extra added. I hate to bring up that team out West, but that is what they are doing and they are still considered to be title contenders. I am just at odds with Danny and the ownership, I guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics as constructed... : Why cant we stay contenders and rebuild a little at a time. I disagree that the Celtics need to just blow it up when they obviously have quality pieces and just need a few extra added. I hate to bring up that team out West, but that is what they are doing and they are still considered to be title contenders. I am just at odds with Danny and the ownership, I guess.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Why can't we rebuild and stay a contender at the same time?

Well because the NBA is driven by a cycle barring miracle trades....  Danny ensured his legacy by making the once in a career miracle trades.......  you need to be really really really bad to get good, if you are really really good you stockpile players that pretty much have no business being in the league... as a result of being really really good the Cs have stockpiled players that pretty much are towel wavers and have almost no business being in the league.... as a result of being able to play teams that are routinely missing their best players the Cs have a decent record that has deluded themselves into thinking there is a remote chance they are going to win a title but after being swept in the first round the Cs will be left with another bad draft pick and nowhere closer to winning a title than they were 3 years ago....

People love to wax poetic about how they would have won another title had Perk not gotten hurt in game 6 but had Bynum been healthy, there would not have been a game 6....

People also love to wax poetic that had Rondo not been hurt last year they would have beaten the Heat, those are the same people that conveniently forget that the Cs were down 2 zip and that Rondo had been embarrassed off the floor by Bibby the first two games... in other words, the series was over before Rondo got hurt.....

They cannot rebuild and win at the same time because winning ensures that rebuilding cannot happen... almost by definition....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics as constructed... : Why cant we stay contenders and rebuild a little at a time. I disagree that the Celtics need to just blow it up when they obviously have quality pieces and just need a few extra added. I hate to bring up that team out West, but that is what they are doing and they are still considered to be title contenders. I am just at odds with Danny and the ownership, I guess.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Why can't we rebuild and stay a contender at the same time?

Well because the NBA is driven by a cycle barring miracle trades....  Danny ensured his legacy by making the once in a career miracle trades.......  you need to be really really really bad to get good, if you are really really good you stockpile players that pretty much have no business being in the league... as a result of being really really good the Cs have stockpiled players that pretty much are towel wavers and have almost no business being in the league.... as a result of being able to play teams that are routinely missing their best players the Cs have a decent record that has deluded themselves into thinking there is a remote chance they are going to win a title but after being swept in the first round the Cs will be left with another bad draft pick and nowhere closer to winning a title than they were 3 years ago....

People love to wax poetic about how they would have won another title had Perk not gotten hurt in game 6 but had Bynum been healthy, there would not have been a game 6....

People also love to wax poetic that had Rondo not been hurt last year they would have beaten the Heat, those are the same people that conveniently forget that the Cs were down 2 zip and that Rondo had been embarrassed off the floor by Bibby the first two games... in other words, the series was over before Rondo got hurt.....

They cannot rebuild and win at the same time because winning ensures that rebuilding cannot happen... almost by definition....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Dudder with his self-professed massive IQ can't figure out that Snoop is a lakers troll!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Dudder with his self-professed massive IQ can't figure out that Snoop is a lakers troll!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I respond to what I read, bias plays no role in what I think or write.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Gee, that's good to know - even if it's complete and total bs - good for you!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I bleed green but am realistic, one of the only realists on this board......  why can't we just get Howard and a few really good powerforwards in the draft and Rondo will eventually learn how to shoot after all he is really really young... blah blah blah......  the nonsense and complete lack of understanding of what is actually going on....  I think they should get howard, aldridge, paul, and wade for steimsa, jjj, moore, and pietrus and if they have to throw in some cash whatever...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Reported for what???  Go ahead, I have NO fear of you, kobeismrnaba!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics as constructed... : Reported for making insults.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

"I speak the truth."  If you have a problem with that, stop reading my posts!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics as constructed... : "I speak the truth."  If you have a problem with that, stop reading my posts!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Congrats son, you have made my ignore list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

YEAH  ME!!!  I have done it again........of course, since you are not an honest person to begin with, I don't believe you, but we shall see...SON!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

WE NEED D. HOWARD !!!

The Lakers had been formidable recently with only 3 stars, Kobe, Bynum & Gasol, but now with Sessions have improved.  The last few years, and I’m not Sherlock Holmes here, the Lakers have been competitive because of the dominance of their big men. Bynum & Gasol are the 2 best big men in the game, individually not as good as D.Howard, but together the best duo in the game.  Hate to bring it up but(forget the egregious diff in foul shots 41-18), they are the reason we lost game 7 two years ago. We shot 40% and they 32% but their rebounding gave them extra shots.  Against the Mavs the other night they got 46 rebs to 29…wow +17 !!!  This proves to me we need a dominating Center and the only one out there is D.Howard. I mean look at the Magic, they don’t have any other stars like our Big 3,  Kobe, Westbook & Durant, Rose, Wade & LeBron etc. but they are still competitive because of their BIG MAN !!! When was the last time the Celtics really dominated for years ? It was big man era of Parrish, McHale & Bird…yup they had some great supporting cast too.

We must do everything possible to get D. Howard, Keep Stiemsma & draft a potential star center. I don’t feel Kaman and Hollins are the answer to dominance. They’ll make us better but not contenders for the title !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

what if Howard doesn't want to come to Boston Mando? what's the backup plan?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Dudder- why can't Boston get Howard? Simple......

HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO THERE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

what if Howard doesn't want to come to Boston Dudder? what's the backup plan?
    Posted by Iceman4

ah.....that's not Dudder!!

Sections
Shortcuts