Celtic's Board & Good Team Work

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Celtic's Board & Good Team Work

Go Celtics.  Go Celtic fans.

This is a Boston Celtics Discussion Board, a place for Celtic fans to discuss the team.  It is not a place for trolls to come and provoke Celtic fans.

The moderators do respond, but they need our help and our cooperation.

Today they got rid of the IP changing post and a number of troll threads like Kobe: Most popular.

They were able to do this because they were provided with specific information regarding these threads, and the trolls, on the Forum, Talk to the BDC.

Too many here interact with the trolls, thus bringing them back.

Not enough of us use the Report Abuse and Ignore tabs provided to us.

If you are as sick of the trolls as I am, please, use the Talk to the BDC forum to report specific threads that do not belong on the Celtics Front Burner board,

Click on a trolls name and report their abuse from their own profile page.

Don't interact with trolls and then whine about them.  Let's use our intelligence to defeat them.

Go Celtics.  Go Celtic fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celtic's Board & Good Team Work

In Response to Celtic's Board & Good Team Work:
    Go Celtics.  Go Celtic fans. This is a Boston Celtics Discussion Board, a place for Celtic fans to discuss the team.  It is not a place for trolls to come and provoke Celtic fans. The moderators do respond, but they need our help and our cooperation. Today they got rid of the IP changing post and a number of troll threads like Kobe: Most popular. They were able to do this because they were provided with specific information regarding these threads, and the trolls, on the Forum, Talk to the BDC . Too many here interact with the trolls, thus bringing them back. Not enough of us use the Report Abuse and Ignore tabs provided to us. If you are as sick of the trolls as I am, please, use the Talk to the BDC forum to report specific threads that do not belong on the Celtics Front Burner board, Click on a trolls name and report their abuse from their own profile page. Don't interact with trolls and then whine about them.  Let's use our intelligence to defeat them. Go Celtics.  Go Celtic fans.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I have been waiting almost 2 years for this - great job!!  That is how I reported them, on their profile page, glad to see it worked

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

BDCDottie is doing a great job of getting rid of the dead weight around here.

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Great job, will do a better job at just reporting in the future and not responding to troll bait.  It's been hard to bear watching this place turn into a ghost town because posters are tired of the trash. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Well after much convincing from my pal and occassional game night partner in crime Freedomofspeech and the efforts by BDC to try to solve this problem I decided to come back. I'm ready for some Celtics talk instead of that nonsense that was going on before.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Ifin wese band together, like a band o brudders ( an sist-hers) , no trolls can control dis bored like dey almos onect almos did.

Talk to the BDC:  Forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Hold your breath and don't get dissapointed.

" No wine before it's time"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

dont feed trolls

GO CELTS!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm one also. Don't feed the trolls is our motto.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Have you noticed that the thread CLETICS LOSE OUT ON BARNES, was deleted this morning?  (but now it's back --  how does that work?)

Did you notice that the two offensive pictures of nude children were removed from the Tainted Championship thread?

Did you notice how quickly the re-posting of the Hide your IP Address thread was gone?

The reason is that abuses are being reported on the Report Abuse tab and because the moderators are cooperating.

We are enjoying a relatively troll free period on this board:  isn't that nice.

The more of us who join in and work with the moderators the more successful we will be at keeping troll activity to a minimum.

You can join in on the Talk to the BDC forum:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091Discussion%3a2af5b054-dbbe-4cab-8c7e-8dd549b6a9d9

Just try to remember, moderators do just that, they moderate, they deal with abuses:  they are not censors so, please, don't ask them to remove a thread that is not by a troll or is not abusive just because you don't like it. 

If you don't like a legitimate thread that adheres to the guidelines, just don't go there, don't read it, don't post to it. It does not get any easier than that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Celtic's Board & Good Team Work:
    Go Celtics.  Go Celtic fans. This is a Boston Celtics Discussion Board, a place for Celtic fans to discuss the team.  It is not a place for trolls to come and provoke Celtic fans. The moderators do respond, but they need our help and our cooperation. Today they got rid of the IP changing post and a number of troll threads like Kobe: Most popular. They were able to do this because they were provided with specific information regarding these threads, and the trolls, on the Forum, Talk to the BDC . Too many here interact with the trolls, thus bringing them back. Not enough of us use the Report Abuse and Ignore tabs provided to us. If you are as sick of the trolls as I am, please, use the Talk to the BDC forum to report specific threads that do not belong on the Celtics Front Burner board, Click on a trolls name and report their abuse from their own profile page. Don't interact with trolls and then whine about them.  Let's use our intelligence to defeat them. Go Celtics.  Go Celtic fans.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

ok , dude , enuff said...but what's with all this proper English lingo from you all of a sudden....how much have you been paid to $ell out from your usual enlightened prose....don't tell us your a bleeding heart...Bolshevik....VIVA ,  FREEDOM OF SPEECH...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Freedom of speech is one thing and people beign hecklers and harrassing is something else. I and others don't have full freedom of speech nor should we. I can't say whatever I please anywhere I choose to without suffering negative consequences for what I've said. Nor can anyone else.
         All people have the right to come on this board or any other free board. However when they choose to act like jerks, they should be banned and they are as currently is the rule. I'm all for the current rules here.
         I support Rondowski or whatever his blog name is in regards to the moderators doing something about the trolls.
         Several long time bloggers on this site left and formed their own blog site because of all the hecklers. I say it's time to ban together and put and end to these hecklers/ harrassers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Celtic's Board & Good Team Work:
    Freedom of speech is one thing and people beign hecklers and harrassing is something else. I and others don't have full freedom of speech nor should we. I can't say whatever I please anywhere I choose to without suffering negative consequences for what I've said. Nor can anyone else.      All people have the right to come on this board or any other free board. However when they choose to act like jerks, they should be banned and they are as currently is the rule. I'm all for the current rules here.      I support Rondowski or whatever his blog name is in regards to the moderators doing something about the trolls.      Several long time bloggers on this site left and formed their own blog site because of all the hecklers. I say it's time to ban together and put and end to these hecklers/ harrassers.
    Posted by mem17

Thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I've been to realgm and other C's boards and nothing compares to this when we can have real c's discussion. I'm glad that BDC is making a real effort this time to get rid of the real trouble makers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I've been to realgm and other C's boards and nothing compares to this when we can have real c's discussion. I'm glad that BDC is making a real effort this time to get rid of the real trouble makers.
    Posted by DFURY13

Youse guyz make me feel like it's alla wort while.  Tanks.

"It take a lot ta laugh, it takes a train to cry.", who said dat?

Anywho, deres still a lotta peoples here who wants ta censor legitimated treads because they jus dont like 'em, and dats jus wrong headed.

Trolls, dey gotta go.  An it's bee nice havin dem gone fer dis lil period.

But wit out R due dilligenct, dey will be back, and I's expecting a backlash, cuz, I's firmlyh believe dat no gud deed goes unpunished.

Deres a lotta anger out dere.  Wese gotta be strong and use us da tools dat we been given to win wit our intelligence.

I's jus trying ta sho da way.  Ifin youse grab a holt o da gist of da msg and da techniques youse kin take back control o yer board.

It's up to you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Posted by DFURY13

You are 100% correct, I've been to them all, this board puts the others to shame!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Tammy I know you think I'm great, but really this man crush stuff is getting old.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

What kind of a person brings up a two year old thread to get back at people because the Celtics signed his little binky???

You have some serious issues, man!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

One area we can work on is not responding to Tommy Rules anytime he posts and when he starts a thread even a legitimate one don't respond at all. Maybe then he will start posting with his beloved Lakers on their forum and leave us alone.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

One area we can work on is not responding to Tommy Rules anytime he posts and when he starts a thread even a legitimate one don't respond at all. Maybe then he will start posting with his beloved Lakers on their forum and leave us alone.

This thread is hilarious Thanks for the laughs. TommyRules is a Celtics fan and yet other Celtics fan shun him. What kind of fanbase is that? So sad.  

He is a lakers fan, but they don't want him, either!!

Sections
Shortcuts