Celtics calling Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Celtics calling Kings

Calling for Cousins

The Celtics, like most teams, have called Sacramento to gauge what it would take to trade for DeMarcus Cousins. The young, disgruntled Kings center has been suspended from the team for his disagreements with coach Paul Westphal.

“It’s highly unlikely,” a league source said of the Celtics’ chances of landing Cousins. “I’m not sure that any team is going to get him. The thing is that everyone knows he’s a wreck. They’re not going to get what he’s worth.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celtics calling Kings

Cousins is a crazy dude.  As Jerry told George Costanza once on Seinfeld,  "You need a whole team of psychiatrists from Vienna."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics calling Kings:
    [QUOTE]Cousins is a crazy dude.  As Jerry told George Costanza once on Seinfeld,  "You need a whole team of psychiatrists from Vienna."
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

you are toooooo-kind...HE'S AN AZZZ-HO..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Everone is going to try to get him for 10 cents on the dollar. If the Kings don't wanty him on the team that bad what are they going to do? Send him to the D-League for the rest of his contract? One things for sure. He's getting traded or he's going to get their coach fired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

That is the reason we need to offer at least 75 cents on the dollar.  We need to have the best offer out there (for our personnel).  It's tough because Cousins is not making a ton of money at the moment.....let's not forget that part of it!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Cousins is clearly a head case.  No player has "earned" the right to be as disgruntled as he is only weeks into his sophomore season.  Don't want any part of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Russ,
    I assume you know what a difficult guy Cousins is.  I mean we are talking Chris Washburn here or worse he is described as a bully not just a head case.   I would pick him up from the scrap pile by offering essentially nothing(Sasha-not sure he is tradeable yet, JO, and Bradley nothing more).  Not your offer of 75 per cent value.  The notion that this guy straightens out the minute he puts on Celtics green makes no sense. You know that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, I assume you know what a difficult guy Cousins is.  I mean we are talking Chris Washburn here or worse he is described as a bully not just a head case.   I would pick him up from the scrap pile by offering essentially nothing(Sasha-not sure he is tradeable yet, JO, and Bradley nothing more).  Not your offer of 75 per cent value.  The notion that this guy straightens out the minute he puts on Celtics green makes no sense. You know that.

Well.............here is my thought:
    It is better than the alternative!!  We have Bradley, Moore and JJJ, who will probably not play much this year vs Cousins who will start!
    We have 2 draft picks (ours will be low) vs Cousins who was and would be a lottery pick
    We have a sense of urgency to win this year with our vets
    AND we have tons of cap space next summer.

Best case scenario - we get the kid and he grows up a little under the Big 3 and Doc (talent is not the issue)
    Worst case scenario - we trade him at the end of the year, or don't offer him a new deal.  We still have enough room for 2 max deals.

All we've lost are 3 guys who right now are end of the rotation guys and two draft picks that are total unknowns.  Plus, we have him, who someone would obviously want.
    I'm not saying he'll straighten out, just that I think it's worth it - we will be no worse than Top 3 in the East just by adding this guy!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, I assume you know what a difficult guy Cousins is.  I mean we are talking Chris Washburn here or worse he is described as a bully not just a head case.   I would pick him up from the scrap pile by offering essentially nothing(Sasha-not sure he is tradeable yet, JO, and Bradley nothing more).  Not your offer of 75 per cent value.  The notion that this guy straightens out the minute he puts on Celtics green makes no sense. You know that.

Ainge won't give 75 cents on the dollar. Good players don't get you that much. He isn't dumb be he also isn't scared. He brought in Starbury and the Ricky Davis's. He has no problem with risk. Financialy the risk is miniscule to the talent level. I can't see how anyone can give them more than out Clippers pick an another 1 in 2012 or 2013. Only maybe Minnesota which makes sense. I would even mind that. They need the talent and they are getting better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Celtics calling Kings:
    [QUOTE]  Calling for Cousins The Celtics, like most teams, have called Sacramento to gauge what it would take to trade for  DeMarcus Cousins . The young, disgruntled Kings center has been suspended from the team for his disagreements with coach  Paul Westphal . “It’s highly unlikely,” a league source said of the Celtics’ chances of landing Cousins. “I’m not sure that any team is going to get him. The thing is that everyone knows he’s a wreck. They’re not going to get what he’s worth.”
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

This means nothing really... its just due diligence on Ainge's part...the Cs have little to offer so not going to happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Russ,
    Good points, I guess we will see if Danny can entice them.  I just don't want to give them Steimsma.  Cousins may be nuts, but there is alway that chance for one season he will listen. Due to a chance to prove others wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, Good points, I guess we will see if Danny can entice them.  I just don't want to give them Steimsma.  Cousins may be nuts, but there is alway that chance for one season he will listen. Due to a chance to prove others wrong.

The Celtics would be taking a chance if they signed him, but he also could prove to be a great addition to this team.  He definitely is a very talented player. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]JO and draft picks for Cousins.  A few more losses and the Kings will be begging to do that trade.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Already told ya the $ works with Johnsin, Avery and Moore... why would they want to pay JO 2.5 million more??

3 picks and those 3 young guys is our best offer and someone would likely give more

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yeah I don't see Sac moving to make a trade before recent picks and free agent signings can be involved in them

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C'mon Fierce,

I'm sure the asset of a 22 year old first rd pick, even if he's completely unproven, is way more valuable than JO. Not to mention the immediate savings of a couple hundred thousand (over the spending of 1-2 MILLION) would appeal to the Kings.

Johnson is owed paltry 1.12 million next year and then team options after that.

Thompson and Hickson are both restricted free agents after this season, meaning they may not be able to afford to keep both, meaning a 1st rd pick PF could be useful.

But if they did match any offers to both players (as I would if Cousins was gone), Thompson can play Center (with Hayes) and Hickson/Johnson PF. While they would of course have THREE 1st rd picks and TONS of cap space as well.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well if that the real reason...

but even at his ceiling he couldn't possibly be worth not taking the gamble on Cousins, who is already an athewltic 6'11" 13p-9r, which is all this team needs to be a contender again (if they stay healthy, get good D from 'Quis/Pietrus, and 75% at the line w/ occasional open J's from Rondo)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics calling Kings : I just don't like to give up on JaJuan this early. We need to see him develop. If he doesn't pan out after 2 years then trade him. But right now it's just too early to give up on Johnson.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that in two years time Doc will have given him enough meaningful PT to warrant an honest appraisal. Boy, do I have some property I want to sell to you!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Is Avery and Steamer getting enought time to show what they have???

Sections
Shortcuts