Celtics can contend in 14 with KG and Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Celtics can contend in 14 with KG and Pierce

In response to kaktug's comment:

the longer PP starts at the 3, the longer jeff green's growth will be slowed. green's a natural 3 and should be starting there. end of story. in green, rondo and bradley we have three very nice starters at the 1-2-3. admittedly, neither rondo or bradley has a deadly outside shot. if we could get a true 2-guard, bradley can come off the bench at the 1 or the 2. that might actually be ideal.

BINGO- and then enter the nincompoop-posing-as-coach- the "veteran player's coach", doc blithers.  doc would never make such a move unless pierce had one leg amputated.  it's not really such a big move.  mchale did it, havlichek did it, maxwell did it.  going way back.....  bill sharman?  but such a concept- wholesome and for the "good of the team" is foreign to doc rivers, a functional idiot of a coach. 

all doc cares about is pandering to and his cred with pierce and kg- to the point where what's best for the team is starkly avoided

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What if we can waive and sign PP to a more friendly, 5M contract? Can't that give us enough cap space to sign another piece?

I think everyone is forgetting about Sullinger. The kid was a freaking rookie with back problems ... and there were calls to insert him into the starting line-up, replacing Bass!! We've fixed the back problems for good, he will have had the 2/3 of a season to situate to the NBA. He was a monster rebounder. I think that solves a lot of our problems. 

Rondo, Avery, Green, Sullinger is a solid YOUNG core.

Can we all agree that with Rondo back and Green's emergence, Paul can finally take a lesser role on the team? Perhaps we start talking to him about coming off the bench or pairing his minutes to KG. Paul's weaknesses (increasing with age) is ball handling and turnovers. With Rondo on the floor, it releaves a lot of that pressure from Paul. He can get back to what he does best.

I'm not sure what the final answer is line-up wise. If it were me, I'd have:

Rondo, Williams

Pierce, Avery, Crawford, Terry

Green

Bass, Sullinger, Randolph

KG, (F.A. Shot blocker), Melo, F.A big body (Collins type)

What is wrong with this team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Lots of talk before this game about what Danny will do in the off season and the consensus was to buy out Paul and shop KG ...

My two cents: I think with Rondo returning, we will be a much better team. What we've seen with Rondo out is that Avery, Jeff and Brandon are all really solid ROLE players. None of these guys will be able to lead a team. Rondo can. Paul can no longer handle the ball and run the team. Rondo is that player.

What we need this offseason: Avery needs to refocus on his defense, his off the ball movement on offense and his spot up shooting. Jeff needs to learn how to go left. Jeff also needs to learn how to kick the ball out to the corner or top of the key on a drive. Look at LeBron, he is so good cause he can get to the basket, teams collapse, he kicks out. I think that it is evident that Jeff has that ability to get to the hoop and score off of many angles and draw the foul, The last piece of his game is passing, the ability to kick it out to Avery or Jordan I  the corner, or Paul on the top of the key. As for Paul, he needs to be in a position where he initiates offense off the dribble only a few possessions a game. He can't be handling theall this much.Rondo will help that.

Rebounding (defensive) has killed us and we need to improve in that area in order for our defense to be affective. I think Jared will help us immensly with that. He has a knack for the ball and looks to get his own on offense.

Guards: I think Doc trusts JET, and JET has what it takes to be effective next year. The decision with Rondo coming back is what to do with the other guys. I think Crawford stays as he is a shot maker, high energy, buying into the defense (can be a really decent 6 or 7th man). We need a backup point, so I think that Williams is a solid cheap option. Odd man out is Lee. I think he is packaged with someone else in possibly a sign and trade for the missing piece:

The final piece is shot blocking. I don't know that Melo will b developed enough next year. Unfortunately I think Wilcox is gone. We need a shot blocker in the paint to come off the bench or pair with Kevin. We are weak playing Brandon at the 5 and you're really hurting his value. I'm not sure who we go after, or if we have the money.

The one thing I don't want to see is a huge amount of change for the sake of change. If Rondo is looking good to come back over the summer, I think Danny needs to stick with what was clearly a two year extension of the big 3 era. Let's give it another shot. We had the pieces, we needed a year for the new guys to gel and I think we can get off to a much better start next year so that we are in a position for the 2 or 3 spot.

Rondo would not make up for old tired team still in the past. The Celtics were done before the season started. Lots of work and lots of new young bodies needed. Long ,long road ahead,.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Duncan has been a Center but called a power forward since the retirement of Robinson, or at least that is what Popovich has said.

Your love is showing again.

5. This post has been removed.