Celtics Chances Of Landing Dwight Howard......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celtics Chances Of Landing Dwight Howard......

Only way it works is if they trade Bynum in a separate deal, and trade Gasol to the Magic.  Salaries won't work any other way, and anyone who thinks Howard will come to LA for the "priviledge" of playing with koME for the MLE is crazy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

Lakerman,
        We are all fans of our teams, and as much as we want lightning to strike a number of tmes, we have to look at the NBA landscape from the CBA perspective.
    I can't remember what it was when Shaq left ORlando to be a free agent with respect to CBA and salary cap. Maybe Lakers had cap space to sign Shaq right off the street. do they Lakers have cap room now? To get something big you have give up something too in a trade scenario...do you agree? I am sure DH wants to play in LA land, it might suit his goofy personality and Hollywood.
     My point is Lakers have huge contracts for their big guns and DH would want a max contract too. as much as you want to put a super team out there (Miami Heat of the west) you still need other pieces.
    essentially you tie up most of your cap on 3 names and then what. sign scrubs for veteran minimum for bench players?
    IF you are a GM do you really want to go down that road. Miami Heat experiment needs to be seen how that plays out. As much as everyone hates Lebron james, you have to realize that the guy is not in the twilight of his career (like the Boston's big 3 when they came together) and he is essentially entering his prime and will be so for another 6-7 years and he chose to forego boat load of money to sign with Miami. Ditto for Bosh. that is hard to repeated in the NBA. most of the other stars who will be free agents would want the money (Carmelo anyone) and play for championships too, which is hard to do.
    it is going to be an interesting off season when 2012 comes around

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Fram
    I think 2012 is going to be pivotal for teams who are currently in the upper echelon at the moment and the continuation of that run. I think Dr Buss will make what ever changes he has to remain a contender and its obvious he's not afraid of any luxury tax. That being said, if DH continues to fail at winning championships then DH is definitely on the radar. He had a great time mixing with the celebs out here and he really was a great fit in the environment.
    But there are so many intangibles in the free agency game that I'm not that excited about it suffice to say that if DH did want to leave Orlando later, I'd like our chances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Chances Of Landing Dwight Howard......:
    [QUOTE]Fram I think 2012 is going to be pivotal for teams who are currently in the upper echelon at the moment and the continuation of that run. I think Dr Buss will make what ever changes he has to remain a contender and its obvious he's not afraid of any luxury tax. That being said, if DH continues to fail at winning championships then DH is definitely on the radar. He had a great time mixing with the celebs out here and he really was a great fit in the environment. But there are so many intangibles in the free agency game that I'm not that excited about it suffice to say that if DH did want to leave Orlando later, I'd like our chances.
    Posted by Lakerman17[/QUOTE]

I think the new CBA will include a hard cap and a higher luxury tax and therefore fewer players will be moving from team to team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

May well be Dudder, guess it makes for a more even laying field although money earned by players from endorsements outside the game will be more 'bountiful' in the big media market centers. I'm not against everyone having a shot at a title through good management and parameters set up to make it more even, but the big money owners (do you hear me Mark Cuban) will always find a way around those restrictions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We will not get Dwight Howard....but what concerns me is how lakers fans have the arrogance to think it is a given he will go to LA!!

There are many concerns here:
    1.  Between koME and Gasol they take up over 1/2 the salary cap
    2.  Fisher, Blake, Artest, Walton et al, all have contracts no one will take on.
    3. There is the little problem of Andrew Bynum.  He is still on the roster, as far as I can tell - why would they want/need 2 centers?  Why would ORL trade him straight up for Howard when Howard is clearly the better player?  Couldn't ORL do better than Andrew Bynum?  Ask the Nuggets about that one!!
    4.  Even if they trade Bynum in a separate deal, they cannot afford another max contract, as they are so far over the cap.
    6.  The only deal that makes sense for ORL (aside from keeping him) would be Gasol - but we are left again with the two centers, or two separate deals.
    7.  With the uncertainty of the new CBA, odds are Howard will not opt out, as he could conceivably leave 10 mill on the table.

Gotta love those lakers fans!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/551139-nba-trade-rumors-latest-on-carmelo-anthony-steve-nash-and-more/entry/36579-nba-trade-rumors-dwight-howard-headed-to-the-los-angeles-lakers

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/02/22/espn-host-predicts-dwight-howard-will-be-with-lakers-in-future/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/616787-la-lakers-trade-rumors-could-dwight-howard-for-andrew-bynum-work

http://balltrends.com/nba-trade-rumors-could-dwight-howard-end-up-on-the-lakers-91440.html

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/01/n-y-paper-lakers-in-dwight-howards-future.html

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/09/winderman-lakers-shouldn%E2%80%99t-trade-bynum-now-because-they%E2%80%99ll-need-to-later/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/614377-la-lakers-trade-rumors-which-teams-compete-against-kobe-bryant-dwight-howard

Just a few articles on firstly what speculation is hottest an a possible DH trade and secondly, how it can work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/551139-nba-trade-rumors-latest-on-carmelo-anthony-steve-nash-and-more/entry/36579-nba-trade-rumors-dwight-howard-headed-to-the-los-angeles-lakers http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/02/22/espn-host-predicts-dwight-howard-will-be-with-lakers-in-future/ http://bleacherreport.com/articles/616787-la-lakers-trade-rumors-could-dwight-howard-for-andrew-bynum-work http://balltrends.com/nba-trade-rumors-could-dwight-howard-end-up-on-the-lakers-91440.html http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/01/n-y-paper-lakers-in-dwight-howards-future.html http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/09/winderman-lakers-shouldn%E2%80%99t-trade-bynum-now-because-they%E2%80%99ll-need-to-later/ http://bleacherreport.com/articles/614377-la-lakers-trade-rumors-which-teams-compete-against-kobe-bryant-dwight-howard Just a few articles on firstly what speculation is hottest an a possible DH trade and secondly, how it can work.

Thank you for proving my point.  lakers fans don't get it!!  WHY would ORL do the deal, there is NO benefit for them........this deal only benefits the lakers.  Bynum for Dwight Howard straight up?  Sure, if ORL offered that to me I'd do it.........but they won't - IF they trade him, they can get a lot more than that stiff Bynum!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Why do they do it? Well its based on the presumption that Orlando don't win banners. If that happens DH has made it known he wants to win and with the legacy of the Lakers and dominant centers, what better team to go to?!

Orlando are under the hammer and do not want to go the same route as Cleveland and Denver. If they can get Bynum and 'other(s)' isn't that better that waiting a year and potentially getting nothing? Lots of ifs in this scenario so all concerned have to see what happens with the new CBA, 2011 playoffs etc but there are alot of scribes out there saying if DH can't win in Orlando, the Lakers are a bright star on his horizon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakerman17 needs salary cap 101 lessons

Right now, ORL is in the driver's seat.  They have all the leverage.  IF he opts out, he is a FA.................clear?

He is then free to sign with ANY team he wants.............got it?

The lakers can only offer him the MLE or about 6 mill.  You seem to think he'd play for that, since he can make so much $$ with endorsements.  The players union would never allow that - he is too young to settle for that.
    Suppose Bynum is traded NOT for Howard.  They still cannot sign him, as they are still over the cap.  The ONLY way this works is if they trade him straight up for Bynum.........and, again, you don't answer the question....WHY would they do that????? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Not impossible... It can happen... The Magic makes the decisions if they decide to trade, not Dwight. Boston would have to release someone of high value if they did. I don't see DA trading any of the starting 5 and BBD. We shall see in a few days!!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

WHY would they do that?????

It aint rocket science. DH can opt out of his contract in 2012 and place Orlando in the same situation as Denver was with Melo. If that was to happen, Orlando would seriously have to consider what they could get for him. Bynum possibly packaged with others is a real option. DH would then be out of conference for Orlando, as with Melo and Denver, and the Magic make the most of a bad situation for them. Is that hard to understand??

Now, why the Lakers? Well Ive posted enough reports as to why he joins the purp & gold. You are right in that DH can join any team but in terms of getting a big man with game the options are limited as we all know. But if you can point me to reports where DH has said he 'may' want to join the Clips/Celts/Denver/ or whoever and still get a good big man in exchange, I'm happy to read. Please don't include Perk and Boston, I said a good big man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]WHY would they do that????? It aint rocket science. DH can opt out of his contract in 2012 and place Orlando in the same situation as Denver was with Melo. If that was to happen, Orlando would seriously have to consider what they could get for him. Bynum possibly packaged with others is a real option. DH would then be out of conference for Orlando, as with Melo and Denver, and the Magic make the most of a bad situation for them. Is that hard to understand?? Now, why the Lakers? Well Ive posted enough reports as to why he joins the purp & gold. You are right in that DH can join any team but in terms of getting a big man with game the options are limited as we all know. But if you can point me to reports where DH has said he 'may' want to join the Clips/Celts/Denver/ or whoever and still get a good big man in exchange, I'm happy to read. Please don't include Perk and Boston, I said a good big man.

If he opts out, he's a FA!  And then he CANNOT go to the lakers.  Don't know why you don't get that.  They would have to TRADE for him!!  They can ONLY trade Bynum, not "others."  If ORL were to trade him, they would want a package of players................you know, all teams are not as dumb as the Grizz!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Not all teams have former players in the front office of another team.

And I did say 'package' i.e trade!! Doh. You sure have a chip on your shoulder, 2010 must have really hurt huh?!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Not all teams have former players in the front office of another team. And I did say 'package' i.e trade!! Doh. You sure have a chip on your shoulder, 2010 must have really hurt huh?!

EXACTLY!!!!

Now, Bynum and who????????????????????????????????????????

Let me know who else on that team you can come up with that anyone other than the lakers would want.

Bynum is your only chip................only.

Fictitious package A:
    Kamen
    Gomes
    Bledsoe
    #1 pick

package B:
    Bynum
    #1 pick

every GM in the league, except Chris Wallace, would take A.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fletch56. Show fletch56's posts

How can you compare the cities of Boston and Detroit? Have you ever been to Detroit. It is a rat hole. Boston is one of the most prestigious cities in the country, especially if you take into consideration the universities and sports history. Foolish statement!

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics Chances Of Landing Dwight Howard...... : Believe it or not in the next year or so the Cs will not be contenders.  The very same reason Perk will likely not be here next year is the same reason Howard would never be here - the window is closing. About 6 years ago the Pistons sent 4 guys to the all-star game and won a title and pretty much since then have been one of the cellar dwellers.  Joe Dumars went from being a genius to a laughingstock.   There is nothing at all in Detroit to lure stars to Detroit.  Ditto for Boston. It is odd to me how people continue to think that the Celtics being a contender just continues on indefinitely.  And the only way that happens is if Danny somehow magically replaces the big 3 with 3 equally great players.  That very simply will not happen.  Joe Dumars thought hey I'll just replace Billups Wallace and Wallace with an undersized overpayed 2 guard (Ben Gordon, Charlie V), etc. and we can continue to be relevant - you can't do that. If Pierce, Ray, and KG were in their mid-20s there would be at least a remote chance that someone of Howard's status ending up here but Howard may act like a goof but he has to be looking at the lay of the land and see that within the next 30 months the Cs will be on the outside looking in. I think if Howard is smart (and I have no reason to believe that he is or is not) he will end up in OKC.  Howard, Westbrook, Green, Harden, Durant and then Ibaka off the bench, etc.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Chances Of Landing Dwight Howard...... : Do you know anything about basketball?  Danny has done a tremendous job drafting as far as drafting late in the first round every year can get you. Let me enlighten you: Pretty much if you don't draft in the top 10, you don't get very good players..... if you constantly draft late in the first round that means your team is good and you will get nothing from the draft.... There have only been two situations where Danny had a chance to draft blue chip players and he traded both of those picks. It is not like football or baseball or hockey where you could draft someone in the Xth round and maybe someday get a good player. Blake Griffin is the rookie of the year and Wall is the runner up.  The following players on the Eastern conference all-star were not drafted in the top 10 - Rondo..........  Rondo is only in the all-star game because of who he plays with.  If he was in NJ, he would not be in the game. The following players from the western conference that were not in the top 10 follow....... Manu Ginobili....... That leads me to the next draft rationale - NBA Gms only select foreigners when they have a late pick and take a "flier" on a player, there have only been a few foreigners that have gone high - Pau, Bargnani, Dirk, and maybe a couple of others. In other words, the best players are drafted at the top of the draft and with few exceptions the stars in the league are drafted in the lottery. Rondo gets in because of whom he plays with and were he in the western conference he would be behind Westbrook, Paul, Williams, Nash, Kidd, Davis, and probably a few others.  Next year when Wall is in year 2 and Rose is the reigning MVP, Rondo's all-star 2 year run will stop unless of course his coach continues to include him.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that no good pt guard Rondo stunk the place up again tonight. 19 pts and 15 assists.  He was the 4th best pt guard on the floor tonight.  Dudder each game Rondo makes you look like a complete idiot.

Sections
Shortcuts