Celtics close to signing Shaq

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq

When did the Celtics become the Spurs?  Can Clifford Robinson come out of retirement?  The corpse of Jermaine is going to arrive in a coffin, and Shaq's coming in a personalized scooter.  If this was 2002, the Celtics would have a pretty nice squad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq:
    [QUOTE]When did the Celtics become the Spurs?  Can Clifford Robinson come out of retirement?  The corpse of Jermaine is going to arrive in a coffin, and Shaq's coming in a personalized scooter.  If this was 2002, the Celtics would have a pretty nice squad.
    Posted by MrvAlbertsBra[/QUOTE]

Shaq is right now better than Theo Ratliff ever was!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

This is great news, especially if it's for the vet minimum. The Celtics can't lose on this deal.
        I had heard but now I saw for myself that Shaq has slimmed down this summer. That's great news. Certainly at 38, he's past his prime, but he's still very productive and he's an expert in using his huge body to his advantage. With the lost weight, expect him to have a solid season, at least as good as last season or maybe better.
       I consider the C's as the team to win it in the East again this year. I'm looking forward to playing Miami, especially with Shaq as a Celtic. Bring on the Heat Oct. 26th and than after. With Shaq, the C's are the team to beat in the East, not the Heat.
        I'm psyched up for another Lakers/ Celtics finals. As they say in professional wrestlint "2 of out 3 falls for the championship." The Lakers of the 80's won 2 out of 3 against the C's. It's payback time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

Definitely, but the Theo will be the 11th guy on the bench cracking jokes with DJ Mbenga or Darrick Caracter.  Shaq's supposedly going to be a key role player.  Ouch!!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq : Shaq is right now better than Theo Ratliff ever was!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Things are not well in LA LA land.

For the start of the season Ratliff is the backup C, no telling when Bynum will be healthy.  Granted the same can be said re Perk in Feb, but he won't be counted on as the starter then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Has any player ever won a championship with both the Celtics and Lakers?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge is determined to make sure we aren't beat on the boards again by anyone in the league...especially the Lakers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

It won't be for the vet minimum.  It will take Sheed's contract.  What I hope is that it is just a one-year deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperNtrain. Show SuperNtrain's posts

Please Boston! Get it done!

Shaq.KG,JO and Perkins at the end of season(DO NOT RUSH HIM BACK!), with BBD gives the most formidable frontcourt in the NBA. 

Gravy would be Sheed coming back for one more year as well. Potential for 5 quality bigmen all over 6'10" would be insane, even with all of them well on the backside of their prime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely, but the Theo will be the 11th guy on the bench cracking jokes with DJ Mbenga or Darrick Caracter.  Shaq's supposedly going to be a key role player.  Ouch!! In Response to Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq :
    Posted by MrvAlbertsBra[/QUOTE]

Yes, the true joke will be when Bynum or Gasol gets hurt.
    Mbenga is gone, heard they don't want him.
    Caracter will not make team, may play in Europe or D-League.

Otherwise, your post is dead-on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq : Please! Shaq's best days are BEHIND him. In the games that Bynum has played Shaq, he's more than held his own and neutralized the Old Leprechaun. Bynum continues to improve and if strengthens his legs more (as has been reported) he'll make Shaq and the Miami look bad. Bring him on. The Lakers are on a mission to get Phil has 4th 3-peat. That's a feat that will never be challenged...and something Auerbach never did.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Umm.....Red actually had an "8 peat".....and if not for an injury to Bill Russell in the finals against the Hawks....we are talking "10 peat"......look it up in the NBA media guide my friend...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]Couple of questions - Is it really guaranteed Perk gets his starting job back?? I'm not so sure - its not obvious to me that Perk is better than Shaq or JO.  If he doesn't, then is it possible Ainge would trade him or BBD?? It's getting pretty crowded at the 4/5, and a package including either Perk or BBD plus Sheed's contract could bring us back a pretty damn good wing. 
    Posted by cf4eva[/QUOTE]

Let's remember that Perk has an ACL and just because we've been spoiled by the quick return of Wes Welker, not eveyone comes back that quickly nor effectively.  Being a huge guy playing hoops, Perk may not even start to practice until next Spring.....they need the brother's O'Neal (has anyone thought of that catch phrase yet?) for next year. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq looked in better shape on Kimmel.  If he stays in decent shape and gets with the program very few would be motivated more than him to beat the Heat and the Lakers. Not to mention Dwight Howard would hate playing against him. Maybe a trade can come out of this as well with KP and someone else bringing in a big guard to shoot the three.  I was not for this but since it seems to be happening I am hoping for the best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

This is an ok deal so long as it does not equate into the subjugation of glen davis. in  my mind, what davis has accomplished for this team so far and what he means to their help defense system, the success of which dictates whether the Celtics win, Davis' minutes should continue to INCREASE this coming year and not get stupidly yanked around by Doc for his "dumb youth mistakes" whatever they may be.

It was an absolute travesty to watch Davis rot on the bench last year "because he broke his thumb" all the while sheed shattered every existing Celtics all time record for lack of hustle, poor defense, poor shot selection and lousy rebounding.  Especially with Perkins gone, it's time to give this young guy a serious run- 28 minutes a night minimum and then work in the has been's after and around Davis getting his.

With a worn out shoe like Jermaine, you don't have much of a choice to not overplay him so there's at least 20 minutes per night available at center and another 20 minutes subbing for Garnett.  So I don't think it's a big stretch for Davis to get 28 a night.  Period.  Let's see what he can do given the FULL backing of the coaches and no stupid A$S mind games becuase of "youthful indiscretions" all the while we have had sheed-like characters getting steady minutes and a PG who gleefully shoots 50% freebies year after year.

So, Shaq coming on is nice, but he's strictly a side light.  To be truthful about the roster, the work is not done.  Sheed needs to go into the sunset in a trade deal for another significant piece.  And even then, the best case scenario would have us squeaking out of the east so long as miami starts quibbling about who scores playoff points and even then we have a hard time dumping the lakers on their duffs for winning it all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

In Response to Celtics close to signing Shaq:
    [QUOTE]According to A. Sherrod Blakely, the Celtics are close to signing Shaq. An update on the possible signing should come soon. Here is the post. " #Celtics appear to be close to signing Shaquille O'Neal. Will have the story up shortly." What do you think?
    Posted by Tobes18[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see this happen.  Not only because we desperately need another big and I believe Shaq stills has something left in the tank ... but also because it pisses off the Lakers fans.  You should hear LA sports radio tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

wow...."SHOWTIME-EAST" live at the Boston Garden 2010-2011.....

A  DANNY & DOC PRODUCTION....featuring.....THE TRUTH.....,THE BIG-TICKET......JESUS-SHUTTLESWORTH.......SPIDERMAN.........SUPERMAN.......

BIG-BABY.......LET NATE-B-NATE........SHREK & DONKEY.....THE BIG-DIESEL.....TOUCHDOWN-JESUS.......

THE BIG-CACTUS.......TICKET-STUB.......LITTLE-DIESEL......

MADDOG......SCALLYWAGG.....RAAASHEEEETT.....MOTHER-WEST........

and they're the... g-o-o-d-g-u-y-s...........Beat L A ....Beat L A .....Beat L A ...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq : Let's remember that Perk has an ACL and just because we've been spoiled by the quick return of Wes Welker, not eveyone comes back that quickly nor effectively.  Being a huge guy playing hoops, Perk may not even start to practice until next Spring.....they need the brother's O'Neal (has anyone thought of that catch phrase yet?) for next year. 
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

...."catch phrase"......Big-Diesel & Little -Diesel......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics close to signing Shaq : I'd love to see this happen.  Not only because we desperately need another big and I believe Shaq stills has something left in the tank ... but also because it pisses off the Lakers fans.  You should hear LA sports radio tonight. 
    Posted by stank[/QUOTE]

dude , amen...cannot wait to get me a C'S Shaq jersey to cruise the beach path from palos verdes to venice beach to  pacific palisades listening to lakerrette fans squeal....C-E-L-T-I-C-S.........

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics close to signing Shaq : Let's remember that Perk has an ACL and just because we've been spoiled by the quick return of Wes Welker, not eveyone comes back that quickly nor effectively.  Being a huge guy playing hoops, Perk may not even start to practice until next Spring.....they need the brother's O'Neal (has anyone thought of that catch phrase yet?) for next year. 
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

This is true but Perk is not speed or quickness dependent, which are generally the limiting factors. Perk is already working out, his surgery is said to be a complete success and said he's ahaed of schedule.  He should be back and playing by playoffs.  I don't think we can count on him being 100%, but as long as he's able to bang he'll be very useful.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts