Celtics Draft Musings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Celtics Draft Musings

1.  NO to Schroeder.  We don’t need another PG that can’t shoot.  Larkin at 5'11" is too small and Dallas will probably take him anyway.  Would rather get a serviceable PG FA. I also believe that Courtney Lee will re-emerge as a quality backup at G within a new system.   PASS at PG

2.  All of the Centers in this draft, outside of Noel and Len are big PROJECTS.  Melo is as good or better than most all of them, including Gobert, Dieng, Whitney and even Adams. PASS at C 

3.  We need to rebuild good team Chemistry. So I hope Danny avoids drafting any troubled basketcases, including talented but no D Crabbe, tweener Franklin, Glen Rice Jr. (kicked off his college team) and Shabazz (who I think would be more like a Gerald Green flop (due to attitude rather than skill).  

4.   We need size and offense.  That realistically leaves Plumlee (6'11" PF). good all-around game. rebounds, runs, decent shot, plays hard.   Tony Mitchel (6'9" SG/SF) - versitility, D, rebounding; Giannis the Greek (6'10" pointF) why not take a gamble on a Kevin Durant like potential on a rebuild?!!?  Saric (6'10" G/F) young, versitle and plays hard. Pop is a believer in Euro talent for good reason. and Olynyk (7'0" PF/Cbu), who I consider only if Plumlee is off the boards. Liedo (6'6" SG) THE sleeper in this draft.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Celtics Draft Musings

It could get crazy Thursday. Ainge could move Rondo, KG, PP, AB, Bass, Lee, Terry...there is no telling how many moves he could make. He may even make a move to make sure he's in a position to land Wiggins next year.

If he hired a totally inexperienced coach like Lue we may be looking at Wiggins or Jabari Parker next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Saric dropped out of the draft there buddy

Your assessment is right in that there is no evident NBA talent in this draft. Every single pick comes with risk of failure with little upside.

I think one of the big men projects are worth a gamble. Adams, Dieng, Gobert all have some potential to be long term NBA players. Why not get one of them and develop him with Melo. You gotta hope that one of the two would not be a complete bust.

Outside of a big (clearly a big need that cannot be met in this draft), I like taking a shot at T. Michell, Shabazz or Liedo. Seriously Mitchell could be more of a Gerald Green bust than Shabazz. Both are risky. Both are likely to dissapoint.

This draft sucks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The more I think about it, the more I'd take ONE 2014 pick over something like 19, 31, 33 from Cavs for PP.

DANNY GET 2014 PICKS. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

1.  NO to Schroeder.  We don’t need another PG that can’t shoot.  Larkin at 5'11" is too small and Dallas will probably take him anyway.  Would rather get a serviceable PG FA. I also believe that Courtney Lee will re-emerge as a quality backup at G within a new system.   PASS at PG

2.  All of the Centers in this draft, outside of Noel and Len are big PROJECTS.  Melo is as good or better than most all of them, including Gobert, Dieng, Whitney and even Adams. PASS at C 

3.  We need to rebuild good team Chemistry. So I hope Danny avoids drafting any troubled basketcases, including talented but no D Crabbe, tweener Franklin, Glen Rice Jr. (kicked off his college team) and Shabazz (who I think would be more like a Gerald Green flop (due to attitude rather than skill).  

4.   We need size and offense.  That realistically leaves Plumlee (6'11" PF). good all-around game. rebounds, runs, decent shot, plays hard.   Tony Mitchel (6'9" SG/SF) - versitility, D, rebounding; Giannis the Greek (6'10" pointF) why not take a gamble on a Kevin Durant like potential on a rebuild?!!?  Saric (6'10" G/F) young, versitle and plays hard. Pop is a believer in Euro talent for good reason. and Olynyk (7'0" PF/Cbu), who I consider only if Plumlee is off the boards. Liedo (6'6" SG) THE sleeper in this draft.  

Im with you on this... I like the guys mentioned in #4 and I have been saying Ledo for a few weeks now... I like Mitchell a lot but also think Plumlee brings something the Cs havent had in a while... a big with energy.... btw, Saric is no longer in this draft...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

El D, I agree with your C Lee statement 100%. I haven't watched as much of NCAA as I have in the past so I can't agree or disagree on prospects assessments. I' have no idea as does anyone one not named Danny Ainge what we will won't have for pick(s) come Thursday. I do know this, I feel even w/o PP,KG or RR we have a better team than most seem to think on this board. I am probably JGs biggest fan in Boston same with AB. I think just separating KG/doc into 2 separate deals was a big step in the right direction. I also think Bass is better than most people give him credit for. I feel that while KG/PP and RR still all have credible NBA abilities, I'm not sure whether all or none of these 3 will be with us at the beginning or end of next season.  I've seen nothing from Melo and though I was a big on the JET signing but he was the worst FA ever signing in the DA era. I may have agreed or disagreed with some of your opinions but I'll give you this they are yours and not repeated talking head views. I am clueless on this draft will fall out but I do know it will be the most interesting and speculated draft since 07. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

The more I think about it, the more I'd take ONE 2014 pick over something like 19, 31, 33 from Cavs for PP.

DANNY GET 2014 PICKS. 

I completely agree.  Except the Cavs have 4 picks in this crappy draft and they don't want/need all of them.  I would also think that Pierce would only get 19 or the 2 seconds, but not both. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Man, teams are seriously trying to get out of their 1st round picks in this draft. LOL! Seems no one likes this draft, everyone seems to be gunning for next year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's not true that Schroeder is not a good shooter.

http://nbadraft.net/players/dennis-schroeder

Shows good form on his shot and his stats back that up, hitting 40% from 3 (on 3.3 attempts per game) and 84% from the line, averaging 11.9 ppg in 24 mpg during his season in the German Bundesliga ... 

DraftExpress scouting report on his shooting 

June 18, 2013
    -Dennis Schroeder ... on the offensive end places his usage and efficiency only slightly below average relative to the other top point guards in this draft.

His main weaknesses are his efficiency in transition, where he sports the second lowest field goal percentage at 44% and third highest turnover rate at 27.3%, and his pull-up jump shot, which he made a below average 30.6% of the time.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XBJXVlNf
    http://www.draftexpress.com

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacqm64. Show jacqm64's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I rather take Schroeder, who said he can't shoot. Have you seen his highlights ?

He's the next Tony Parker. Take Schroeder if he's available.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This is the kind of draft you need to have two picks. Lots of risky selections, but with some potential. Might be able to get a late pick or early second from some teams.

Maybe not many superstars, but loads of solid role players and potential projects to be had.

SA showed that a deep bench can take you far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

I would prefer Schoeder ( high potential with low risk) or Muhammad (Very high potential yet high risk). The bigs in this draft are just role players at best! Celtics should choose the best available talent and not for its' need.

Sections
Shortcuts