Celtics draft TWO rim protectors!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Celtics draft TWO rim protectors!!

The issue is whether we can double dip at a position of need and at the expense of filling other holes. I know we need to address SF and SG, but we might be able to re-sign AB for reasonable money (due to his injury history) and we've needed a rim protector for years.  The rule seems to be "draft the best player availilbe" but I think we should address our most glaring weakness head-on (don't apply to your forehead).  We cannot rely on Iverson and Fav.  Hump, Sully and KO are fine, but none are true C and certainly not "rim protectors." We should double dip with two true centers!

Now that the C's are tied for 3rd worst, there is a chance that the Celtics might actually land Embiid. 

What are the chances that we draft Embiid AND Cauley-Stein?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Celtics draft TWO rim protectors!!

In response to Kinchow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The issue is whether we can double dip at a position of need and at the expense of filling other holes. I know we need to address SF and SG, but we might be able to re-sign AB for reasonable money (due to his injury history) and we've needed a rim protector for years.  The rule seems to be "draft the best player availilbe" but I think we should address our most glaring weakness head-on (don't apply to your forehead).  We cannot rely on Iverson and Fav.  Hump, Sully and KO are fine, but none are true C and certainly not "rim protectors." We should double dip with two true centers!

Now that the C's are tied for 3rd worst, there is a chance that the Celtics might actually land Embiid. 

[/QUOTE]

That's fine by me! They'd both look excellent in the green

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Cualey stein seems like a very real possibility with our 2nd pick but I dont see embiid not going #1. Its obvious to any one who has watched the celtics that they r very undersized at the center position and have absolutely no shot blocking presence.

I have been encouraged by comments ive heard from both da and stevens addressing the how difficult it is to overcome the size disadvantage that they face almost every night. This makes me think that DA will break his usual take the bpa mentality and draft for need.

Tho his most recent attempt at drafting for need failed miserably with the horrible fab melo pick.  Hopefully that doesnt cause him to hesitate on another raw shot blocking big man in cauley stein.  Stein like melo has very little offensive skill, but he is a far better athlete than melo. I think he is worth a shot with our 2nd pick (prob 17th)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cualey stein seems like a very real possibility with our 2nd pick but I dont see embiid not going #1. Its obvious to any one who has watched the celtics that they r very undersized at the center position and have absolutely no shot blocking presence.

I have been encouraged by comments ive heard from both da and stevens addressing the how difficult it is to overcome the size disadvantage that they face almost every night. This makes me think that DA will break his usual take the bpa mentality and draft for need.

Tho his most recent attempt at drafting for need failed miserably with the horrible fab melo pick.  Hopefully that doesnt cause him to hesitate on another raw shot blocking big man in cauley stein.  Stein like melo has very little offensive skill, but he is a far better athlete than melo. I think he is worth a shot with our 2nd pick (prob 17th)

[/QUOTE]

And I'm sure Stein is smart enough to remember to duck going through door frames!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Kinchow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great idea! It is all about the ping pong balls falling our way for once but to grab these two would be incredible. If just one panned out, we would be much better but if both turned out to be players....TWIN TOWERS in a League that is Center starved. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree less. When you have a high draft pick like the Celtics will, you should undoubtably take the best player available. Especially since we have a "need" pretty much everywhere.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Get excited

Danny is drafting Gordon.

I think this kid is going to be an allstar, and impact SF/PF. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

How is 17 a high draft pick? 

Not advocating using our 1st pick which will be in top 5  on a need and bypass the bpa unless its embiid of course. Other then embiid no other center is worthy of a top 10 pick.

But with our 2nd pick at 17, stein has value in that range and fills a need too. So how is that something you "couldnt agree with less". 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

How is 17 a high draft pick? 

Not advocating using our 1st pick which will be in top 5  on a need and bypass the bpa unless its embiid of course. Other then embiid no other center is worthy of a top 10 pick.

But with our 2nd pick at 17, stein has value in that range and fills a need too. So how is that something you "couldnt agree with less". 

[/QUOTE]

My bad, misunderstood your post. 

Sections
Shortcuts