Celtics emerge among frontrunners in Houston Rockets' Omer Asik sweepstakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Celtics emerge among frontrunners in Houston Rockets' Omer Asik sweepstakes

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please, no Asik.

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you want him? I get not wanting, him if the price is too high, but he is a good player. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I dont know if I am dreaming or if this is a nightmare!  If Asik is Celtic bound, I hope he is the key for immediate success/championship. Otherwise, I hope DA does not even bother on this one!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

His numbers suck, period! I just don't get it! I mean think about it...Rondo and Asik in the game together chucking up bricks at the stripe. I would not trade Bass straight up let alone throw in a draft pick! Please pass the pipe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Ah this will depress me if we lose JG...I feel like he's our project and we're gonna reap some real benefits. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please, no Asik.

Why wouldn't you want him? I get not wanting, him if the price is too high, but he is a good player. 

[/QUOTE]

He's not that good.

He's expensive, slow, not good offensively, and he is a poor free throw shooter.

John Koncak.

I'd rather keep Bass and the picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I would do the bbass and 1st rd for asik, he fits a major need and is still young (under 26). Plus we are loaded at the 4.

In my mind there is no way jgreen is involved, not only becuz he  is our leading scorer, but we have no depth at the 3. gwallace? Please.  

If we can get asik for bbass, spare part, and 1st

rondo

ab

jgreen

sully

asik

That is a very solid lineup. Plus rebounding and defense at every spot. All under 28. I do think we lose some spacing and ability to defend pick and roll with bbass gone. But we finally will have an anchor at the center spot and sully and asik on the boards may be one of the best tandem rebounders in the league.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i don't mind giving up bass or lee. i don't like giving up the pick, but if it's only the clippers pick, that's better. guess we'll see. rondo/crawford, crawford/bradley, green, sully/oly, asik/oly is not a bad rotation. IMO we still need a legit 2-guard who can fill it up from outside, either in a subsequent trade or in the draft. but i like the sounds of this core. not sure where it leaves us with regard to cap space though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No pick

Sections
Shortcuts