CELTICS FAN Confessional

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

CELTICS FAN Confessional

As a devoted fan of the Boston Celtics, whether they be good or bad, I have and will continue to love MY CELTICS no matter what. That said, I am certain that the overwhelming majority of you feel the same way. Though we constantly disaggree, I hope that on this we can come together.

This ongoing debate about Rajon Rondo should not divide our Celtic spirit. I personally, along with several others, do not think that Rajon Rondo is the smart choice moving forward and feel that the evidence is there that we should cut our losses by shipping him off to whomever will have him. At the very least, trade him for the best offer.  Equally as passionate are those of you who feel Rajon Rondo is more than worth keeping, if not the key to the Celtics future.  With yesterday in retrospect, I am reminded just how fortunate we all are to be able to speak so openly and with such rude directness that we do to one another. God Bless America! Wink

In the end, I appreciate the fact that we all bring different backgrounds, with different levels of education, and certainly different levels of Basketball IQ, and really enjoy the fact that WE FANS of OUR BOSTON CELTICS can openly engage and even fight our points, sometimes better and more entertaining than others. SO, thanks to all of you for taking me with a grain of salt, and I ask that we all always keep in mind that no matter what we say here, WE ALL want what we think is best for the same cause. I truly do hope that what I say to some of you here is not taken personally, no matter how damning it may come accross. Though I don't think it smart for us to keep Rajon any longer than we have to, I shall support DA in doing whatever he does as THE MAN for the Boston Celtics and hope you all feel the same way in the end. GO CELTICS! Forgive me if this is a bit korny, but I say it with genuine sincerity. Now then, where were we? Oh yeah..........TRADE THE BUM!!!  P.S. If DA keeps Rajon, I will pull for him to be the guy who helps us win for as long as he is with us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: CELTICS FAN Confessional

it's all about the Ws, rally. nice post.

bp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

it's all about the Ws, rally. nice post.

bp

Ain't that the Truth! Oh wait, it use to be the TRUTH.....Damn, guess there's gonna be some new catch phrases someday, huh? Regardless, I gotta admit, I am excited about this season. Secretly, I am hoping to see them pull a 2013 Red Sox transformation......I know, I know, BUT I AM!!! Thanks, BP.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

As a devoted fan of the Boston Celtics, whether they be good or bad, I have and will continue to love MY CELTICS no matter what. That said, I am certain that the overwhelming majority of you feel the same way. Though we constantly disaggree, I hope that on this we can come together.

This ongoing debate about Rajon Rondo should not divide our Celtic spirit. I personally, along with several others, do not think that Rajon Rondo is the smart choice moving forward and feel that the evidence is there that we should cut our losses by shipping him off to whomever will have him. At the very least, trade him for the best offer.  Equally as passionate are those of you who feel Rajon Rondo is more than worth keeping, if not the key to the Celtics future.  With yesterday in retrospect, I am reminded just how fortunate we all are to be able to speak so openly and with such rude directness that we do to one another. God Bless America! Wink

In the end, I appreciate the fact that we all bring different backgrounds, with different levels of education, and certainly different levels of Basketball IQ, and really enjoy the fact that WE FANS of OUR BOSTON CELTICS can openly engage and even fight our points, sometimes better and more entertaining than others. SO, thanks to all of you for taking me with a grain of salt, and I ask that we all always keep in mind that no matter what we say here, WE ALL want what we think is best for the same cause. I truly do hope that what I say to some of you here is not taken personally, no matter how damning it may come accross. Though I don't think it smart for us to keep Rajon any longer than we have to, I shall support DA in doing whatever he does and hope you all feel the same way in the end. GO CELTICS! Forgive me if this is a bit korny, but I say it with genuine sincerity. Now then, where were we? Oh yeah..........TRADE THE BUM!!!  P.S. If DA keeps Rajon, I will pull for him to be the guy who helps us win for as long as he is with us.

Still disagree with you about Rondo, but nevertheless, great post RallyC. Fans argue, teammates argue, coaches and players argue, but everyone wants their team to win.  Funny how we sometimes can lose sight of the obvious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

A lot of my friends are fair-weather fans when it comes to NBA basketball.

When the Lakers were known as "Showtime" with Magic and Kareem, they were Laker fans. 

After the Lakers, they became Bulls fans.

Fast-forward to today, now they're Heat fans.

Just recently, one of my friends asked me if I would become a Nets fan because Pierce and KG are already with the Nets.

I told him players come and go, but the Boston Celtics will always be the Boston Celtics. 

Even though the new Big 3 of Pierce, KG, and Ray didn't live up to my expectations, I thought they would win at least 2 championships, that championship in 2008 was worth the wait!

It just makes me want to throw up when I see and hear about those kinda fans. Its sad that they never really get to experience the true connection that a fan with real passion has with thier beloved team. I was born in Boston, and have travelled all over the world and the C's, Pats, Sox, and Bruins have gone EVERYWHERE with me since I was a kid, and even motivated me to become a pretty good football, baseball, and basketball playeer myself. I was Jim Plunkett, Jim Rice, and Dennis Johnson almost every time I played their sport. The connection for me is like family. Seen many a game in person, and have many a great memory. Its been a legit part of my life for nearly 50-years now. Bandwagonners just will never understand the true joy of winning a Championship, nor will the suffer the charachter building that comes along with tough loses and heartbrakes that come along with being a truly loyal fan. THIER LOSS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

In the end, I appreciate the fact that we all bring different backgrounds, with different levels of education, and certainly different levels of Basketball IQ, and really enjoy the fact that WE FANS of OUR BOSTON CELTICS can openly engage and even fight our points, sometimes better and more entertaining than others. SO, thanks to all of you for taking me with a grain of salt, and I ask that we all always keep in mind that no matter what we say here, WE ALL want what we think is best for the same cause. I truly do hope that what I say to some of you here is not taken personally, no matter how damning it may come accross. Though I don't think it smart for us to keep Rajon any longer than we have to, I shall support DA in doing whatever he does and hope you all feel the same way in the end. GO CELTICS! Forgive me if this is a bit korny, but I say it with genuine sincerity. Now then, where were we? Oh yeah..........TRADE THE BUM!!!  P.S. If DA keeps Rajon, I will pull for him to be the guy who helps us win for as long as he is with us.

Still disagree with you about Rondo, but nevertheless, great post RallyC. Fans argue, teammates argue, coaches and players argue, but everyone wants their team to win.  Funny how we sometimes can lose sight of the obvious.

Ya know Breaktime, my wife tells me that I am NEVER wrong! Why can't you just see it that way??? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ya know Breaktime, my wife tells me that I am NEVER wrong! Why can't you just see it that way??? 

Not gonna go there.  I'll give you +3 from beyond the stripe for this thread and leave it  at that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Not gonna go there.  I'll give you +3 from beyond the stripe for this thread and leave it  at that.

Damn, I figured as much......Peace to ya BT. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In the end, I appreciate the fact that we all bring different backgrounds, with different levels of education, and certainly different levels of Basketball IQ, and really enjoy the fact that WE FANS of OUR BOSTON CELTICS can openly engage and even fight our points, sometimes better and more entertaining than others. SO, thanks to all of you for taking me with a grain of salt, and I ask that we all always keep in mind that no matter what we say here, WE ALL want what we think is best for the same cause. I truly do hope that what I say to some of you here is not taken personally, no matter how damning it may come accross. Though I don't think it smart for us to keep Rajon any longer than we have to, I shall support DA in doing whatever he does as THE MAN for the Boston Celtics and hope you all feel the same way in the end. GO CELTICS! Forgive me if this is a bit korny, but I say it with genuine sincerity. Now then, where were we? Oh yeah..........TRADE THE BUM!!!  P.S. If DA keeps Rajon, I will pull for him to be the guy who helps us win for as long as he is with us.

Agreed...in true Boston tradition we can fight between ourselves like feral dogs, but in the end come game time we stand together....if Rondo is here, he's ours no matter what...

But Mel, that doesn't mean you should stop with your hillarious graphics that have me LMFAO!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm a long ways from giving DA my blind allegiance... but I'm happy that the rebuild has finally started.. and thrilled that I won't have doc to kick around anymore.

It still hasn't sunk in that KG and CPP will be wearing strange uniforms this next year. I'll have to see it to believe it.

I look forward to their numbers being retired along with RayRay's too sometime in the future.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I'm a long ways from giving DA my blind allegiance... but I'm happy that the rebuild has finally started.. and thrilled that I won't have doc to kick around anymore.

It still hasn't sunk in that KG and CPP will be wearing strange uniforms this next year. I'll have to see it to believe it.

I look forward to their numbers being retired along with RayRay's too sometime in the future.

Pud

Yeah Pud, I guess what i'm trying to say about DA and his role is that as a permanant Celtic fan, no matter what DA does, I will remain a Celtic fan......I hear ya! I will not always agree with his decisions, obviously. As for PP and KG, it stings to even think about them in another UNI. I've decided to not watch Brooklyn until they play the C's. Then I can look at them as the enemy at least! No doubt they both go to the TD rafters though.............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Bless you, my son.

If you will do a dozen Hail Bill Russells, you will be absolved of all sin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Bless you, my son.

If you will do a dozen Hail Bill Russells, you will be absolved of all sin.

I'm a reformed Catholic too!!! Good on ya, man.........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Check out the National Catholic Reporter if you get a chance. http://ncronline.org/

Maybe there's some hope after all for the church.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Check out the National Catholic Reporter if you get a chance. http://ncronline.org/

Maybe there's some hope after all for the church.

Pud

DAMN! Pud, and we'er here talking rebuilding and about a change in culture! I can't believe your link! NICE!

Sections
Shortcuts