Celtics fans feelings about Barbosa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Re: Celtics fans feelings about Barbosa

Wow Tammy must be hoping for a lot from Meeks. On that team he may end up being a 6th man because Duhon-estly blows and Bleak are useless. Jamisold is well old, Not that Jordan Hill has a bad back and is there anyone even worth mentioning after that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

From Boston Troll Spanker:

I'm not upset at all about the Lakers signing some low rent has been like Barbosa, who can't play the point. Nor is any other real Celtic fan.

From nutter44:

They both blow (Barbosa and Blake), like all you Laker trolls.

From snakeoil:

Barbosa is a good player but isn't a point guard. He averaged 1.5 assists in 22 minutes last year. He can play there on occasion, but if Nash goes down you would not want barbosa playing there.

From Fierce:

Barbosa is PG?

If Barbosa is a PG then Kobe is a PG too!

The Pacers just got Barbosa for a 2nd round pick and the Pacers didn't even keep him. Enough said.

From Red Russ:

What does Barbosa have to do with the Celtics? He is a 30 year old, 9 year vet, who has never played a full season, and who is still without a team. Methinks if he was "just as good as Blake", he'd have a job by now.

I still don't get why you keep cutting and pasting what I said about Barbosa 2 months ago.

Yes, as I said, He is a good player and is more of a combo guard than a point guard.

What is your point?  You've been really creepy lately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

I like the Barbosa move from a talent standpoint - he was one of the few legit players left out there. And it means that a deep team just got deeper. But they still are without a true back-up pg and I'm not sure that's the best way to go. It's a long season, and they can always make a move when Bradley returns (carrying Bradley, Lee, Terry, and Barbosa is a lot of 2s for a 12 man roster), but I don't really understand their aversion to having someone installed in a traditional back-up pg slot. Granted, there's no one out there right now, but that could change when final cuts get made, and picking up Barbosa would seem like it would lessen the chances of them getting anyone else. Throughout Ainge's tenure not having a traditional back-up point has been something of an ongoing theme. The point isn't really if Terry, or Bradley, or Barbosa can play some minutes at point - yes, they all can handle the basic position - it's more about how effectively they can be, and whether they are able to push the ball, get the team in their offensive sets, and distribute the basketball without disrupting the team. With this team's depth and the advanced age of Garnett and Pierce it seems like the 2nd unti is going to be as important as it's ever been with this team. Yes, Rondo will play a lot of minutes, but for 10-15 minutes a night, when they may have a key advantage over a lot of other teams, they may not be as effective as they might be with someone capable in that role. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

From Boston Troll Spanker:

I'm not upset at all about the Lakers signing some low rent has been like Barbosa, who can't play the point. Nor is any other real Celtic fan.

From nutter44:

They both blow (Barbosa and Blake), like all you Laker trolls.

From snakeoil:

Barbosa is a good player but isn't a point guard. He averaged 1.5 assists in 22 minutes last year. He can play there on occasion, but if Nash goes down you would not want barbosa playing there.

From Fierce:

Barbosa is PG?

If Barbosa is a PG then Kobe is a PG too!

The Pacers just got Barbosa for a 2nd round pick and the Pacers didn't even keep him. Enough said.

From Red Russ:

What does Barbosa have to do with the Celtics? He is a 30 year old, 9 year vet, who has never played a full season, and who is still without a team. Methinks if he was "just as good as Blake", he'd have a job by now.

I know one Celtics Fan who blood boiled at the thought of the Lakers getting Barbosa. Obviously I'm sure you are ready to join the rest of us true Celtic fans in celebration. 

Sections
Shortcuts