Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins?

I usually root for the EC team but this year I'm definitely pulling for Dallas and the German Wunderkind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins?

I definitely want Dallas to win the championship this year.  I can't imagine that I will ever want Miami to win even if they are in the NBA finals every year for the next few years.   I would even want the Lakers to win, if it was a finals matchup between LA/Miami.  I am sure that many will disagree with me about wanting the Lakers if they were playing Miami, but I that is how much I dislike Miami. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We all want Dallas.  As much as I hate the Heat watching the Lakers win is worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Dallas.  It is Dirk's time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dallas big time... although I dont dislike Lebron as much as I used to because I feel his game has been elevated and hes playiong good team ball... I didnt like him before cause he got all these accolades but was such a ball hog and ruined his team by dominating the ball 90% of the time.

Plus, I dont like Bosh either and his fake , animalistic screams after making any shot... hits me as phony and not genuine.  His head is shaped like a rat too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Dallas want to see Dirk get his ring

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Rooting for the Mavs. I think the Heat win in 6 or 7. It's stinks we lost but how great is it that the Lakers got their butts kicked? The Lakers lose and the stinking Canadiens were taken out by the Bruins. Just saying how great it is that two teams we loathe in Boston are ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut! The Heat are better defenders then the Mavs and I think that may be the difference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins?:
    I definitely want Dallas to win the championship this year.  I can't imagine that I will ever want Miami to win even if they are in the NBA finals every year for the next few years.   I would even want the Lakers to win, if it was a finals matchup between LA/Miami.  I am sure that many will disagree with me about wanting the Lakers if they were playing Miami, but I that is how much I dislike Miami. 
    Posted by susan250

You can't be a Celtic fan and want the Lakers to tie us with 17 titles. Unexceptable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

i want and i am hoping kidd will get his ring this year. i think he has one more season left in his contract but the chances of the mavs going to the finals again next year is.. idunno. so i do hope the mavs win. the heat and the big 3 are still young, let them get theirs in the seasons to come.

as to who will win this years finals, hard to tell. even after game1 i dont think anybody can tell who will win the series..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins? : I am a Cetlic fan, but I have to agree Susan. With all that fireworks and nonsense, and the way they acted after beating an injured, depleted Cs team, I would also have to rout for the Lakers. Do fans really think LA will never catch us with titles? But for this series: DALLAS
    Posted by antiqueman1

You are right about LA eventually winning more championships than the Celtics.  The Celtics because of bad luck, (deaths of two players), owners that didn't really care about winning and poor management went far too long without winning a championship.   At this point we should have at least a few more championships, but it is inevitable that LA will tie us and eventually have the most championships in the NBA. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm cheering for the Mavs, but I think too many stars have to align for them to win.  Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler both have to win their respective matchups at PG & C for the Mavs to win the series.  Jason Terry has to be HUGE off the bench; Shawn Marion has to be able to scrape up some semblance of his former self and slow down LeBron; J.J. Barea should still be a matchup problem for the Heat.

I just think that the athleticism and length of LeBron and Bosh are ideally suited to guard Dirk Nowitzki, and that with Dirk shooting at a lower clip the Mavs just can't cut it

And I think the Lakers ability to usurp the Celtics in terms of the number of titles will depend on their ability to reload around Kobe because I think the current roster is tapped out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironceltic33. Show ironceltic33's posts

Dallas, all the way. Dirk is my favorite non-Celtic of all time. Heck, I've own his Olympic and green Dallas jerseys and love his game. Similar, to Larry's, with Tom Chambers thrown in. I also loved to see JKidd get a ring. I have more respect for Lebron, however, I hate DWade for almost breaking Rondo's arms.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins? : You are right about LA eventually winning more championships than the Celtics.  The Celtics because of bad luck, (deaths of two players), owners that didn't really care about winning and poor management went far too long without winning a championship.   At this point we should have at least a few more championships, but it is inevitable that LA will tie us and eventually have the most championships in the NBA. 
    Posted by susan250

My how we give up easily. Even if the Lakers weren't close to us in titles....NO CELTIC FAN SHOULD EVER ROOT FOR THE LAKERS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Fans, Who Are You Rooting for and Who Wins? : I am a Cetlic fan, but I have to agree Susan. With all that fireworks and nonsense, and the way they acted after beating an injured, depleted Cs team, I would also have to rout for the Lakers. Do fans really think LA will never catch us with titles? But for this series: DALLAS
    Posted by antiqueman1

You never root for the Lakers!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

Jaytf25. Easy. I am not rooting for the Lakers. IF, the scenerio was IF they were in the Finals against the HEAT, then yes I would root for the Lakers. Sorry, I despise the HEAT more than I do the Lakers. So what you will, it is just how I feel. And currently I don't even have to worry about it. DALLAS for this year.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Ditto, antiqueman1!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rooting for Dallas for sure. But the Heat will win, I fear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

JJ BAREA IS FROM PUERTO RICO LIKE ME SO..GO DALLAS!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

If the Celtics couldn't take down the cHeat, it looks like no one will.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts