Celtics Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Celtics Fans

Celtics fans are split about 50/50 about whether they should root for or against the Celtics the rest of the season. It's hard to believe that some fans intentionally root against their team. That is a great way to send out KG and Ray by wishing they miss shots then make shots...

The Celtics players have a reputation in the league that you can never count them out of a game or a series. It's too bad you can't say the same about their fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Celtics Fans

That obviously isn't true.  Any educated person knows you cant judge all Celtics fans by the 40 or so that regularly post on a single sports forum.  It's called spurious data. That would be like me judging all Laker fans by you, Flobius, GK and Elven. Which would be ridiculous. If you want to change your post in regard to people that just post on this forum then it would be worth discussing.

Regarldess I agree with the point that you are apparently trying to make about some of the people that post here.  I have been watcthing since the days of Wicks and Rowe, I've seen good and I've seen bad.  I can't imagine watching a game and not wanting the Celtics to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have never wanted the Celtics to lose a game ever. Celtics fans who discuss the postives of getting a better draft choice are being theoretical and not realistic.

Celtics here and everywhere want them to win each individual game.

Mark from CT. you are not fooling anyone stirring the pot here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I agree wuth Snakeoil that you can't judge all Celtics fans by the discussion on this board.  I'm always amused when I attend games and see some people leave before the end.  I come to watch 48 minutes of basketball win or lose.  But . . . more Lakers fans come late and leave early than do Celtics fans.  Does that say anything about your fans that you'd rather not deal with?  Let's just enjoy (or dismiss) the discussions and not paint with too broad a brush.
    cheers --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good post Snake.....I go back to the late '50's and I root for the Celtics every time they play.....I am very thankful that I have been able to enjoy this winning tradition since I was just a kid...all franchises go through their ups & downs ...hell, look at the Yankees....from the early '60's through the early '90's....15 years without a championship...then after repeat titles in '77 & '78 it took another 19 years to win again...the Lakers went through decades without winning ('54 through '79....25 years with one championship).....younger fans live in the "now" and that's ok...I'm glad to be reliving the glory of the past along with the present....the last four years have been quite a ride....injuries hurt but that's part of the game...I'm just glad that I remember the titles from long ago rather than just reading about them....that is very satisfying...now it's time to rebuild...and that is part of the game as well...the Lakers aren't far behind in that regard... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Fans:
    [QUOTE]Good post Snake.....I go back to the late '50's and I root for the Celtics every time they play.....I am very thankful that I have been able to enjoy this winning tradition since I was just a kid...all franchises go through their ups & downs ...hell, look at the Yankees....from the early '60's through the early '90's....15 years without a championship...then after repeat titles in '77 & '78 it took another 19 years to win again...the Lakers went through decades without winning ('54 through '79....25 years with one championship).....younger fans live in the "now" and that's ok...I'm glad to be reliving the glory of the past along with the present....the last four years have been quite a ride....injuries hurt but that's part of the game...I'm just glad that I remember the titles from long ago rather than just reading about them....that is very satisfying...now it's time to rebuild...and that is part of the game as well...the Lakers aren't far behind in that regard... 
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  As Celtics fans we are incredibly lucky.  When I was a kid maybe 6 years old or so I got to go into the locker room before a pre season game in Portland Maine.  I met Hank Finkel, Kevin Stacom, Paul Westphall.  I've been a fan ever since.  I don't stress out too much about this year's team not winning it all.  It's all part of watching hoops and being a fan.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]Like the Celts didn't tank before? Remember 2006-07?  The 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s didn't have the kind of CBA rules that we have now. Celtic fans in the 1990s know how miserable it was when the Celts were not good enough to win and bad enough to get a great player in the draft. Let's face it, the Celts are running on fumes. They can't even practice. Playing in pain Greg Stiemsma  played 19 minutes despite sitting out the shootaround because of a sore right foot. Stiemsma was injured March 9 against the Trail Blazers and has been wearing a walking boot after games since then. Stiemsma also suffered a cut on his hand in a collision with Atlanta’s  Zaza Pachulia  . . . The Celtics will take Tuesday and Wednesday off because of a shortage of healthy bodies to practice. Their next game is Thursday at Milwaukee. http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2012/03/20/oneal_is_out_for_the_season/?page=2
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

What does any of that have to do with this thread?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Tanking in 06, 07 allowed us to trade for Ray. After getting Ray, KG decided he wanted to play with the Celtics. If we had not tanked and had the 12 to 15 pick in the draft, they would not have been able to trade for Ray,Kg would have not come to Boston, and we would still be chasing title number17!! So if not making the playoffs this year, can get us closer to title nimber 18, in my mind it's worth it!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE] Tanking in 06, 07 allowed us to trade for Ray. After getting Ray, KG decided he wanted to play with the Celtics. If we had not tanked and had the 12 to 15 pick in the draft, they would not have been able to trade for Ray,Kg would have not come to Boston, and we would still be chasing title number17!! So if not making the playoffs this year, can get us closer to title nimber 18, in my mind it's worth it!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I watched very close to every game in 06-07 and don't believe we tanked the season in the least.  Paul was out for a significant period.  TA was just hitting his stride when he went down.  Big Al was out for a while.  We were a young team, just learning, but we mostly played our hearts out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Fans : I watched very close to every game in 06-07 and don't believe we tanked the season in the least.  Paul was out for a significant period.  TA was just hitting his stride when he went down.  Big Al was out for a while.  We were a young team, just learning, but we mostly played our hearts out.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  they didn't tank.  they stunk.  People don't get that.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And more than "they stunk", they were young and learning.   All those players got better and most are key contributors to some team now.  They didn't tank and I don't think that approach is in any part of Doc's body.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE] Tanking in 06, 07 allowed us to trade for Ray. After getting Ray, KG decided he wanted to play with the Celtics. If we had not tanked and had the 12 to 15 pick in the draft, they would not have been able to trade for Ray,Kg would have not come to Boston, and we would still be chasing title number17!! So if not making the playoffs this year, can get us closer to title nimber 18, in my mind it's worth it!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

They didn't tank it, they just weren't that good.  And right around that same time, Pierce started to talk trades. 

This season is moot.  Glad they didn't do anything stupid in a shortened season, imo. Tomorrow night, Philly will put an end to any thought of a 1-4 playoff seeding for Boston. Not so different from that 06 season, to be honest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lmao dont think that just because some idiots are rooting against them, that that means we all are......and a laker fan calling out another teams fanbase is an absolute joke

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Fans : I watched very close to every game in 06-07 and don't believe we tanked the season in the least.  Paul was out for a significant period.  TA was just hitting his stride when he went down.  Big Al was out for a while.  We were a young team, just learning, but we mostly played our hearts out.

agree, even when Pierce came back it took him another month to get into shape from the foot fracture that knocked him out for part of that season.  It's not accurate at all to say they tanked.  Doc gave Rondo some run as a rookie and Delonte the rest of the share at point. Delonte also played the two.  

If you want to make a case for them tanking then it's debatable when talking about M.L. Car's team that lost the lottery for Tim Dunkin.  But that was not the Danny/Doc era. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Interesting to hear that Celtic fans are 'interested' in tanking a season (or 22). For a beginner, no professional sports team tanks a season. 2006-07 Celtic team was garbage despite having the greatest player on the planet in PP. Just how that happened is a moot point because the greatest player on the planet has dominated the NBA ever since. His one championship defies belief really but a combination of the refs, Stern, the odd injury and bad luck has curtailed Celtic domination.

If you believe this, you'll believe anything!

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

No, Sessions is not the answer...
    Did you see his 17/5/9 in 29 minutes leading the Lakers to an easy win at Dallas? When he gets used to the Lakers offense and the other players...WOW

One of LA's 1st round picks might not have even been their pick this year anyway. As of today, Dallas would keep the pick this year.
    I am really annoyed about having Bynum as our center... Funny.

LA and Boston are nowhere near being in the same boat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]That obviously isn't true.  Any educated person knows you cant judge all Celtics fans by the 40 or so that regularly post on a single sports forum.  It's called spurious data. That would be like me judging all Laker fans by you, Flobius, GK and Elven. Which would be ridiculous. If you want to change your post in regard to people that just post on this forum then it would be worth discussing. Regarldess I agree with the point that you are apparently trying to make about some of the people that post here.  I have been watcthing since the days of Wicks and Rowe, I've seen good and I've seen bad.  I can't imagine watching a game and not wanting the Celtics to win.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I get almost as much pleasure watching Lakers(Yankees too) lose as much as I enjoy Cs (Sox too) win. It was not fun watching Lakers beat Mavs last night.  The Lakers had been formidable recently with only 3 stars, Kobe, Bynum & Gasol, but last night Sessions looked terrific.  The last few years, and I’m not Sherlock Holmes here, the Lakers have been competitive because of the dominance of their big men. Bynum & Gasol are the 2 best big men in the game, individually not as good as D.Howard, but together the best duo in the game.  Hate to bring it up but(forget the egregious diff in foul shots 41-18), they are the reason we lost game 7 two years ago. We shot 40% and they 32% but their rebounding gave them extra shots.  Last night they got 46 rebs to 29…wow +17 !!!  This proves to me we need a dominating Center and the only one out there is D.Howard. I mean look at the Magic, they don’t have any other stars like our Big 3,  Kobe, Westbook & Durant, Rose, Wade & LeBron etc. but they are still competitive because of their BIG MAN !!! When was the last time the Celtics really dominated for years ? It was big man era of Parrish, McHale & Bird…yup they had some great supporting cast too.

We must do everything possible to get D. Howard, Keep Stiemsma & draft a potential star center. I don’t feel Kaman is the answer to dominance. He’ll make us better but not contenders for the title !!!

In addition to us probably being knocked out in the 1st round, if we make the playoffs, I'll be despondent if the Lakers go deep in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]" Mark from CT. you are not fooling anyone stirring the pot here." Yup. One thing I  can  think of that is far worse than rooting against your own team is hanging out in another team's forums lecturing their fans on how to behave. Mark from CT clearly has no life and we have all seen this before, the dude who was picked last in dodgeball grabs an Internet handle and tries to salvage some self-esteem somehow by ragging on fans of other teams and making a nuisance in their own forums.  Oh, and Mark, there are only three ways to rebuild a team: sign free agents, get a good lottery pick, or make a good trade. But the third is really a subset of the other two because if you have no assets you can't make a good trade. Since the Celtics have, in their history, never signed a significant free agent, and certainly not in recent years,  it's perfectly understandable that some fans would want to see the Celts in the lottery. That doesn't mean they want KG or Ray to miss shots, but to wish for the lottery is not a naive thing. It worked out pretty nice for the Spurs.  So before you come in here lecturing people you might want to better understand how basketball works and  how good teams are built.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I'm a Lakers fan.
    I know how good teams are built.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]" Mark from CT. you are not fooling anyone stirring the pot here." Yup. One thing I  can  think of that is far worse than rooting against your own team is hanging out in another team's forums lecturing their fans on how to behave. Mark from CT clearly has no life and we have all seen this before, the dude who was picked last in dodgeball grabs an Internet handle and tries to salvage some self-esteem somehow by ragging on fans of other teams and making a nuisance in their own forums.  Oh, and Mark, there are only three ways to rebuild a team: sign free agents, get a good lottery pick, or make a good trade. But the third is really a subset of the other two because if you have no assets you can't make a good trade. Since the Celtics have, in their history, never signed a significant free agent, and certainly not in recent years,  it's perfectly understandable that some fans would want to see the Celts in the lottery. That doesn't mean they want KG or Ray to miss shots, but to wish for the lottery is not a naive thing. It worked out pretty nice for the Spurs.  So before you come in here lecturing people you might want to better understand how basketball works and  how good teams are built.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Amen, but expect sarcasm in the rebuttal!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Fans : I'm a Lakers fan. I know how good teams are built.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

You sure do!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

They tried to win every game, they were just terrible!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pierce didn't play a game in April. They pulled him for what they said were "nagging injuries" Everyone has Nagging injuries in April, if they had wanted to win, Pierce would have been on the court!!  If some of you don't believe their intent was to do everything they could to give them the best chance of getting Oden, or Durant, you're fooling yourself.

Sections
Shortcuts