Celtics Fortunate -- Opponent's Best Player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtics Fortunate -- Opponent's Best Player

The Celtics have been very fortunate on several occasions this season to have had the opportunity to play teams when that team's best player was OUT!  We have not exactly taken advantage of that opportunity as much as I would have liked.

However, in the next five games, we again have a great opportunity that we CANNOT miss.  Today, Rudy Gay is out.  Friday, Stephen Jackson will most likely be still out with hamstring issues.  Then Kevin Love may be out when we play Minnesota and Tim Duncan for San Antonio.  The only team that will not have it's best player out when we play them will be Indiana next week.

With Chicago playing their best it is imperative that the Celtics find any way possible to win games.  I believe if we stay focused and don't take these teams lightly, we will find ourselves on a nice winning streak when we leave San Antonio next week.  And we saw last night how dreadful Atlanta can be at home.

I think this has all the makings of the Celtics "putting it together" just in time for the playoffs.

Let's just not waste this opportunity!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Celtics Fortunate -- Opponent's Best Player

I sure hope you're right, but i've thought this before and have been disappointed. Maybe that game in New York will put us back on the right track!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Being a CT Guy I felt bad for Gay. I think he is done for the year. He was having a nice year for Memphis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Good,

With all of the injuries that the Celtics have had this year, it is about time for other teams to return the favor.

I was really hoping for a healthy Spurs team. It would have been a great game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Fortunate -- Opponent's Best Player:
    [QUOTE]Good, With all of the injuries that the Celtics have had this year, it is about time for other teams to return the favor. I was really hoping for a healthy Spurs team. It would have been a great game.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

I,m sure others team look forward to play the celtics and take advantage of all the injuries we have.Go Celtics

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

maybe the stars are alligning

or is that misaligning?

in any case the C's have had HUGE injury problems all yr. 
    Who knows what may have happened with 2 even half healthy O Neals??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Maybe, however, besides the Center position with Shaq and JO, the Cs are looking good.

The only teams with match-up problems for the Celtics with out Shaq are teams with true big men at the five. The good news is that we don't play any of them down the stretch.

While the Duncan -KG fights are always fun to watch (KG usually wins), Duncan is out with a sprained ankle.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts