Celtics go small, lose again

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Celtics go small, lose again

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Going small never works.

The issue had little to do with size.  In fact, it was the perfect time to play small as the other team had very little size most of the game.  The issue was not the size, but the quality of the play.   Our defense was terrible and our offense was stagnant as the ball got stuck at the end of the game, again.  Tell me how going bigger was going to help those two issues!?!

I might be able to agree with you if we had a star big man.  But, what difference is it going to make having Bass instead of Green or having Wilcox in rather than Bass or other substitutions?   We don't have but one 7 footer and he's in the D League.   We don't have quality size, anyway!

and since when is Wilcox a rim defender?? He is not much bigger than Sully..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to dbeach48's comment:

they are mediocre  and bradley wont help

they need an enforcer or a real big

aint happenin this yr

Bradley will help.

But we need to try a different lineup.

KG, Sullinger, Pierce, Green, and Rondo

That's also the lineup I want. Too bad we're not the coach of the Celtics.

I agree, but the second units has to mesh too...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Green has not shown enough consistancy to be a starter..but sure he will get the chance soon enough..lets hope it works ..I like the jet comming off the bench...who is the pt coming off the bench..Lee???the jett is better as a sg...barbosa is not a true pt either...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Same issues as before.  Only difference is Bradley is back and everyone has bought in.  We are still for the most part playing small ball since that is Doc's preference. Last nite we had at least 14 minutes of small ball since KG and Collins minutes added up to 34.  I think Doc likes small ball but he also is doing it because he has not other choice. 

It obviously works at times as evidenced by our winning streak.  Its up to Doc to figure out when to adjust. I would say he is doing a pretty good job right about now.

Sections
Shortcuts