Celtics going after Dwight Howard

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard

In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers can give Orlando an immediate replacement in Bynum, and why would they want to keep Howard in the east??   It's business, not personal.  Any team would trade with any other team if they think it's going to be a fortuitous. 
    Posted by hops29[/QUOTE]

So can NJ - are you a Celtics fan or not?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]just reported on Comcast at 10.50PM that Howard asked for a trade to the Nets, Lakers and Mavs. Don't think the C's have any chance of obtaining DH.
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

Alas the Celtics never had a chance at DH. He stated 3 years ago he would never go to Boston and we've always known he loved the Lakers. If this revised offer for Paul goes through, DH won't be far behind.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Alas the Celtics never had a chance at DH. He stated 3 years ago he would never go to Boston and we've always known he loved the Lakers. If this revised offer for Paul goes through, DH won't be far behind.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Bynum straight up?

Not getting it done.  NJ said they'd take Turk's contract.  He may YET end up right where he is
    Otis Smith will be Exec of the Year if he can retain DH by default.
    Go, Otis, Go!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : It took you 48 hours to get back here. What happened?  Hey, you said 24-48 hrs. Dwight would already be a Laker. Has it happened yet?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That was before Stern nixed the deal....something that has NEVER happened in the history of the NBA. It was no secret that had the Paul deal gone through as originally agreed to, DH was going to announce he was going to the Lakers as well.

The scary thing is it can still happen.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/33780584

Should Stern approve of this, DH will follow.

Ugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Sorry, read "nevermind West being packaged" .... as "nevermind, West being packaged" ... or "nevermind West, being packaged" .... now if you had said, forget about West being packaged then ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Thats fine... did we sign Howard yet?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : That was before Stern nixed the deal....something that has NEVER happened in the history of the NBA. It was no secret that had the Paul deal gone through as originally agreed to, DH was going to announce he was going to the Lakers as well. The scary thing is it can still happen. http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/33780584 Should Stern approve of this, DH will follow. Ugh.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Love lakers fans - he can't ANNOUNCE anything - HE IS NOT A FREE AGENT!!  Smith will trade him where he can get the best deal - Andrew Bynum straight up is not getting it done!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Love lakers fans - he can't ANNOUNCE anything - HE IS NOT A FREE AGENT!!  Smith will trade him where he can get the best deal - Andrew Bynum straight up is not getting it done!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Lmao you think a DH/Bynum deal straight up is all that will be proposed??? Ugh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Lmao you think a DH/Bynum deal straight up is all that will be proposed??? Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Let's see, you'll have traded Gasol and Odom....you'll get back Paul, Smith and Marcus Banks.............since you are a lakers fan, and clearly smarter than all of us here, why don't you tell me WHAT will be proposed to make Otis Smith give you DH!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

ALL ...DOC...HAS TO DO IS ...MAKE HOWARD AN OFFER...

HE CAN'T REFUSE.......HIS...D-A-U-G-H-T-E-R...IN MARRIAGE.....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Hey Getzo ... The Lakers didn't get Paul ... No way DH goes there w/o Paul ... LOL The C's could be on the clock!   http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7340640/los-angeles-lakers-pull-trade-talks-chris-paul-according-sources
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

ahahaha awesome, but as I stated before are we sure Lakers don't get either guy? />?>?  I am not counting them out yet... and there is always next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the Lakers must be in play for Howard with Gasol and Bynum both going there.  Odom to Dallas for future consideration seems to be telling us that. Unless somebody has a better interpretation.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

DH to Miami for Lebron

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Dwight Howard is never coming to Boston to play (except in an opposing team's uniform).

For some reason no one wants to play in Boston.  It's either Ainge, KG, Doc, or the Boston Fans that make players not want to come to Boston.

I don't think it is Ainge.  I don't think it is Doc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Lakers must be in play for Howard with Gasol and Bynum both going there.  Odom to Dallas for future consideration seems to be telling us that. Unless somebody has a better interpretation.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Lakers must be offering Gasol and Bynum for Howard.  This trade definitely could work and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

So they give up the Best Center in Basketball, for a couple of crying babies with a window of maybe two or three years??? Unless they are getting picks or money.....then maybe..But if im a GM, i want a job security for longer than that...by getting the best deal out there for my club..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Doesn't matter anyway, I think what Ainge has in mind is teaming up DH, David West, and Rondo. Big 3, baby!

Oh, did I forget to mention Captain Pierce? Ha Ha
    Double Bingo!
    Do it Danny!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers can give Orlando an immediate replacement in Bynum, and why would they want to keep Howard in the east??   It's business, not personal.  Any team would trade with any other team if they think it's going to be a fortuitous. 
    Posted by hops29[/QUOTE]

Nothing against you but I can't understand how anyone could think that Orlando would take a gimpy Bynum for Dwight Howard. The oft-injured Bynum, in my opinion, is not a good trading bait. I think that the Lakers will be stuck with "gimpy."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Nothing against you but I can't understand how anyone could think that Orlando would take a gimpy Bynum for Dwight Howard. The oft-injured Bynum, in my opinion, is not a good trading bait. I think that the Lakers will be stuck with "gimpy."
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

And, therefore, stuck with the same team from last year - minus Odom!