Celtics going after Dwight Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard

In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : And, therefore, stuck with the same team from last year - minus Odom!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

One can only hope, but all signs point to a re-done C Paul deal and a 2/3 for 1 for Howard - the Lakers (and Knicks) are fully dependent on zero injuries because neither has much room for a decent bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'd obviously love it if we got Howard which IS NOT happening so let's stop dreaming. What about the fact that he is super dirty and pretty much an all around Thug? I never liked the guy and still don't. Perfect for the Lakers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : One can only hope, but all signs point to a re-done C Paul deal and a 2/3 for 1 for Howard - the Lakers (and Knicks) are fully dependent on zero injuries because neither has much room for a decent bench.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

How can they get both now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

odom seems like a nice guy, but then i remember when he tackled ray allen for no apparent reason...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We can't both.  I am not sure we need either one if D. West and a big man come our way.

The Lakers unless they have some nefarious plan seem to be in transition.  The Heat are the concern and maybe the Knicks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Lakers must be in play for Howard with Gasol and Bynum both going there.  Odom to Dallas for future consideration seems to be telling us that. Unless somebody has a better interpretation.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yes.

They won't win this year with the weak roster around Kobe and Howard... although it could be kinda fun likj watching the late 90's/early 2000's teams with 28-31 year old Shaq and 21-24 year old Kobe now with a 25 year old Dwight and 33 year old Kobe.

If these two had gotten together 6 years ago... instead of Kobe-Bynum... how scary would that have be?

The hope here is that they clear enough cap space so they can sign Paul or Deron this summer if neither signs an extension.

Then  Kobe becomes the teams 3rd best player... only required to coast to 18 points a ga,e conserving energy for the big moments as he will be 34-38 over the length of the new contracts they give Dwight and CP3/DWill

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

trade ray and KG with JJ with picks for howard and hedo

trade ab and rondo with picks to NO for CP.

Trade green to NO for west.

lineup is CP, pp, hedo, west, howard, with bass, daniels, moore, dooling, and jo as primary backups. 

Next year you resign Howard and CP3, or amnesty PP and start from scratch with virtually no salary commitments.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Adam
    Orlando just won't go for that and the league will like that trade even less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i don't particularly like Howard. i think he is overrated. but he is the "best" center in the league..... that is kind of sad then. I wouldn't mind Howard on the celtics, but I wouldnt give up more then KG for him and some draft picks. For the first time in years I like the draft picks Ainge actually got. Chris Paul is can pass and shoot but he takes 3 weeks off for a papercut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Why blow a team up for DH. By the time it's done DH will not be on any better team then what he left. If GM's were smart clear some money  and get him as a FA, better than blowing up any team for DH.  I can see Orlando's side of it, get what you can now if your not going to re-sign DH. If players were not so greedy for big money, they could group a team together where everyone restructures their contracts so everyone makes half way decent money and win titles. Isn't 10-12 million a year enough? I guess money is more important than winning titles.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Dwight Howard : Orlando will never deal with LA ... write it down!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I have to admit I am wondering how long the memories are in North Florida.