Celtics going after Oden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Celtics going after Oden

Oden......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

Signing Oden would be like building a house on a known active fault line. You could delude yourself into thinking that the chances for another major quake are minimal, but you would be asking for trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics going after Oden:
    [QUOTE]Oden is an interesting possibility. He would be a big gamble to say the least. As other posters pointed out, several other players have recovered from multiple major leg injuries to have good careers afterwards. I'll add one of my favorites to that list. Bernard King.     It will be interesting to see what the free agent market will be for Oden, that's if there's a free agent market at all this summer. With the article I just read in the globe, the negotiation process is not going well at all.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

What about signing Oden would be a big gamble?  He would sign for the veteran minimum and be psyched that would not have to keep hitting his head on the fry-olator when going over to the drive through to hand customers their orders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]If the Celtics were able to get Oden, I do not think it will be under a restricted agent deal.  Portland will have to not tender an offer ($8.0MM) at which point I think he just becomes a free agent and could be picked up at the leauges minimum.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

I believe I read somewhere that they have no intention of making the tender offer.

I think he will be a league minimum guy and I am sure going from 5million per year to almost nothing (comparatively speaking) will be his incentive to show what he really can be - assuming he is not too damaged.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics going after Oden : You're right that the C's need help at the 4 (not the 3, they have Jeff Green and not the 2 as they have West and Wafer). So, is it more important to have a center to rebound and play D or a 4 to back up KG so he plays less minutes?  Not sure, but I'd pick a center.  I think its easier to find a backup 4 than a back up 5. It really hurt us this year having Shaq out, JON out, Semih out every other game, and Perk out then traded.   Krstic was effective for 3 weeks and that's it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Kristic was effective for three weeks because that is when Doc stopped playing him when JO came back. Went with old veteran legs instead of mixing these two together. He had a pretty darn good game 5 when allowed to play didn't he?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Go after him, get him, and let him sit on the bench until February/March...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Honestly, If I was Doc, I would play Shaq / JO / and maybe Oden about 1/3 of the season worth of games.  Play Shaq and JO one night, play Shaq and Oden the next game, then play JO and Oden.  Them guys need as much time off as possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

If you get Oden for MLE it worth the risk for one year then let him earn the big pay day. He does not have a lot of millage on them legs. 

Sections
Shortcuts