Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Agreed logic dictates that DA knows he can buy out JON and that Chris Kaman will come here. If this does not happen DA has screwed his own team royally. We need a big man period with Wilcox out. Danny had to get a big man in here and he has to have done it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Why does Kaman pick the Celtics over the NBA favorite Heat? I'd like to believe that but logic says if the money is equal you go get a ring no?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]No one has any clue as to any of the offers that came to Ainge, so how can you be critical of him not doing anything?
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

ignore the idiots. we're doing the right team. we would not have been competitive in the post-season this year, so we're going into the summer ready to rebuild. no awesome trades came along, so we stood pat. i'm good with that. lots of fun rebuilding to do this summer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : ignore the idiots. we're doing the right team. we would not have been competitive in the post-season this year, so we're going into the summer ready to rebuild. no awesome trades came along, so we stood pat. i'm good with that. lots of fun rebuilding to do this summer.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

So people are idiots because they dont agree with you?? Get a grip will ya... this board is about opinions and discussions not about name calling....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : ignore the idiots. we're doing the right team. we would not have been competitive in the post-season this year, so we're going into the summer ready to rebuild. no awesome trades came along, so we stood pat. i'm good with that. lots of fun rebuilding to do this summer.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Yes. All those great FA come summertime..oh wait there isn't any.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

You don't just make a trade for the sake of making a trade.  You have to get value -- and the value has to fit in with your long term strategy.  I trust Danny has a general idea where he'd like to go, and knows what additions and subtractions will help him get there.  We've had GMs with happy feet before (Rick Pitino anyone?) -- and where did they get us?  Patience is in short supply here -- but Danny has it.  The only thing we don't have is a good medical staff. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Why does Kaman pick the Celtics over the NBA favorite Heat? I'd like to believe that but logic says if the money is equal you go get a ring no?
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

depends on what kinda guy he is. does he want to take the easy road and join the team that is already concensus favorites to win it all, meaning at the end of the yr he would have a ring but not be the pickup that did it. OR do you wanna go to Boston, and be the guy that puts a team over the top, playing extended starter minutes with 3 HOF'ers and a pg that wants to get you the basketball..if they win he is lauded as the guy that put them into elite status, and also puts himself in good position to get himself a nice extension at the end of the year.

all depends on what kinda heart and competitiveness this guy has.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Why does Kaman pick the Celtics over the NBA favorite Heat? I'd like to believe that but logic says if the money is equal you go get a ring no?

A thought is that maybe he is looking to be somewhere and stay there for the long term. If that is the case, then you consider the teams that have the potential to resign you next year to the biggest contract. C's should be able to offer him a fairly nice contract. Miami will be cash strapped going forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : people have to understand that yes, our team is currently one big man away from elite. but trading to acquire a big man usually involves players from our current team. all the trade offers i saw were involving rondo, ray, paul, or KG. losing guys takes u down a notch. if DA can buyout JO (which he wants), then turn around and sign a bought out Kaman (inevitable), thats what you do! why give up a 1st if u dont have to..besides, Kaman already said he wants to play for us. i think we should wait to see what he does when players are bought out before we freak out.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I agree with you... Are you confident that the Cs get Kaman?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : depends on what kinda guy he is. does he want to take the easy road and join the team that is already concensus favorites to win it all, meaning at the end of the yr he would have a ring but not be the pickup that did it. OR do you wanna go to Boston, and be the guy that puts a team over the top, playing extended starter minutes with 3 HOF'ers and a pg that wants to get you the basketball..if they win he is lauded as the guy that put them into elite status, and also puts himself in good position to get himself a nice extension at the end of the year. all depends on what kinda heart and competitiveness this guy has.

You mean like what happened with David West?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I am upset a trade wasnt made, BUT if the reported deal of eric bledsoe and a late 1st round pick for ray was any  indication of the type of value hed get back then I can see why no trade was made, eric bledsoe= role player backup pg (and we aready have bradley for that) and late 1st round pick (role player) and we already have TWO of those. No thanks.

Its a tough spot becuz the only teams that want our old stars are teams that are contenders and contenders will have bad 1st rd picks and most likely wont give up a young piece.

I thought  a real fair deal would have been ray to chicago for taj gibson and brewer, chicago gets a sg they need and we get gibson a good pf who could start or be a really good bench player and brewer a good wing defender.  Thats the type of deal i think DA wouldve done, but if the best he could get his the clippers packdage than im glad he didnt do it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Yes. All those great FA come summertime..oh wait there isn't any.

assuming we will not be in the market for a PG and not overly interested in williams, i'll start with 2 guards, which is going to be a BIG need for us...

eric gordon is a free agent, as are OJ mayo, lou williams and landry fields.

at the 3, which will be important if eric green does not make it back to boston, there are nic bantum, wilson chandler and gerald wallace.

at the 4, which will not be a huge need for us, there are ryan anderson, kris humphries and carl landry.

and at center, which is an obviously a BIG need for us, there are roy hibbert, brook lopez, javale mcgee, chris kaman and spencer hawes.

so saying that no one is out there is just not accurate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Roy Hibbert and Gordon coming off an injury are the only 2  good players with potential to be really good. Portland moved all those guys to build around Batum and Aldridge. Those other guys a meh and not worth giving big bucks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]I am upset a trade wasnt made, BUT if the reported deal of eric bledsoe and a late 1st round pick for ray was any  indication of the type of value hed get back then I can see why no trade was made, eric bledsoe= role player backup pg (and we aready have bradley for that) and late 1st round pick (role player) and we already have TWO of those. No thanks. Its a tough spot becuz the only teams that want our old stars are teams that are contenders and contenders will have bad 1st rd picks and most likely wont give up a young piece. I thought  a real fair deal would have been ray to chicago for taj gibson and brewer, chicago gets a sg they need and we get gibson a good pf who could start or be a really good bench player and brewer a good wing defender.  Thats the type of deal i think DA wouldve done, but if the best he could get his the clippers packdage than im glad he didnt do it.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, Taj and Brewer for Ray? there is no way the Bulls give even Taj for Ray much less both of them.  Ray is one dimensional and is a free agent so why would they do that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Cuz ray could put them over the top, theyre biggest weakness is permiter shooting from the 2 spot, someone who can space the floor for drose and stop teams from helping off, plus you still have to gameplan for ray. As far as brewer hed be in there for salary purposes, and with all due respect, brewer is a one dimensional player (defense). .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Cuz ray could put them over the top, theyre biggest weakness is permiter shooting from the 2 spot, someone who can space the floor for drose and stop teams from helping off, plus you still have to gameplan for ray. As far as brewer hed be in there for salary purposes, and with all due respect, brewer is a one dimensional player (defense). .
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

They have Kyle Korver who can shoot the three and play defense.....and the main player youre talking about is Taj so who cares whether Brewer is one dimensional...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]No one has any clue as to any of the offers that came to Ainge, so how can you be critical of him not doing anything?
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Well they read bleacher reports.  Thanks for adding a little common sense.  No one knows anything but the thousand different reports they read concerning the same topic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : depends on what kinda guy he is. does he want to take the easy road and join the team that is already concensus favorites to win it all, meaning at the end of the yr he would have a ring but not be the pickup that did it. OR do you wanna go to Boston, and be the guy that puts a team over the top, playing extended starter minutes with 3 HOF'ers and a pg that wants to get you the basketball..if they win he is lauded as the guy that put them into elite status, and also puts himself in good position to get himself a nice extension at the end of the year. all depends on what kinda heart and competitiveness this guy has.

That hit the nail on the head.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : They have Kyle Korver who can shoot the three and play defense.....and the main player youre talking about is Taj so who cares whether Brewer is one dimensional...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

You lost me with Kyle Korver and defense in the same sentence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year:
    [QUOTE]Frustrated. Unforetuneately, Danny was too greedy and froze on the trigger with Allen. Meanwhile, several competitive teams who are serious about winning, including the Lakers improved their position, So apparently Danny is content to stick with a one and done, or at best, a predictable second round playoff exit. Celtics better get serious FA help For 2013 or we're in for a loooong drought...again. Go Pats and Red Sox!
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

Right.  Because the Celtics are going to have tons of money to spend next year and 2 draft picks.  The Celtics wouldn't win this year no matter what he did.  Better to ride it out and reload.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I was against a break up anyways. If for some reason they can pick up Chris Kaman the Celtics will still be competitive. 2 first round picks and close to 26 million under the cap is not bad. I don't know why everybody wants these guys gone? It takes 2 or possibly 3 teams to make things works as in trades. If nobody is willing then so what. The Celtics could've beem 3-0 so far on this road trip barring a meltdown at the Lakers. Every team no matter what level has done it. Even though they are aging give Danny and Doc some credit for holding this team together. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : What's the use of tons of money if you have no one to give to? Who do you think the Celts should spend that tons of money on?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Look man, this team is not that good. If you don't know that this years team is not that good you don't know basketball.  They have no bench at all and three players in the starting line up that are past their peak.  If you don't get that this team needs to be reworked and rebuilt then I really don't know what to say.

It's amazing what blind loyalty does to someone's perspective.  I was a fan in the days of Wicks and Rowe and I love this years team, but I have been saying the same thing for months.  

You actually thought the subtraction of Rondo and the addition of Gasol would make this team a championship contender.  If you think this way it is hard to take you seriously man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : You lost me with Kyle Korver and defense in the same sentence.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Way to change the point of your post.  You said getting Ray gives the Bulls essentially something they didnt have.  I say that they have Korver who does what Ray does and he is better defensively and if you dont realize that then what can I say....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Defense #3 in pts allowed #2 in opp FG% #1 in opp 3pt FG% Offense #7 in FG% #8 in 3pt FG% #3 in assists per game The bench was good when Bass was the 6th man. If the Celts got Kaman, Bass would have been a 6th man again. Yes, we are one big man away from being an elite team. It's true that right now we are not elite. But what is the biggest problem of this Celts team? Rebounding, right? If you really think Celts team is not an elite team if they outrebounded their opponents then you don't know basketball. When I wanted Rondo traded he was playing very poorly. Right now Rondo is playing well. It's easy saying we have a lot of money. The problem is who do we give it to? A lot of money is only good when you can spend it on someone worth spending.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yeah I disagree.  The only thing I was upset about was that he didn't trade Allen for a pick or a prospect.  The Celtics aren't going to be viable contenders for a few years.  There isn't any sense crying about it or pretending it isn't true.