Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

No desire to win this year?  WHAT MOVES WERE THEY GOING TO MAKE TO WIN THIS YEAR????

People who act like the realization that the Celts aren't going to win this year is this new shocking revelation, welcome to the reality some of us have been functioning in since last May.  The Celts could've moved Allen but it wasn't going to be so they could win this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Defense #3 in pts allowed #2 in opp FG% #1 in opp 3pt FG% Offense #7 in FG% #8 in 3pt FG% #3 in assists per game The bench was good when Bass was the 6th man. If the Celts got Kaman, Bass would have been a 6th man again. Yes, we are one big man away from being an elite team. It's true that right now we are not elite. But what is the biggest problem of this Celts team? Rebounding, right? If you really think Celts team is not an elite team if they outrebounded their opponents then you don't know basketball. When I wanted Rondo traded he was playing very poorly. Right now Rondo is playing well. It's easy saying we have a lot of money. The problem is who do we give it to? A lot of money is only good when you can spend it on someone worth spending.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

My wish list for the off-season  (obviously only ONE at each spot)

Mayo/Young with Ray and/or Pietrus
    Green/Beasley with PP
    McGee/Kaman/Krsitc
    AK47/Bass/Blatche  with KG and JJJ

Can we package our 2 first rounders like they do in football to move up the food chain?  NOH already have 2 picks.....if we give them our 2, and take theirs (right now #3), we could get an impact player!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]No desire to win this year?  WHAT MOVES WERE THEY GOING TO MAKE TO WIN THIS YEAR???? People who act like the realization that the Celts aren't going to win this year is this new shocking revelation, welcome to the reality some of us have been functioning in since last May.  The Celts could've moved Allen but it wasn't going to be so they could win this year. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  It's amazing.  this must have been what the whole "Earth is flat, Earth is round" argument must have felt like.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : I agree that Ainge should have traded Ray for a 1st rounder. If the Celts reach the 2nd round of the playoffs and the Celts end up losing in Game 6 or Game 7, just remember this discussion we had about getting a big man like Kaman. Kaman would have made a difference. The Celts don't even have to trade Rondo to get Kaman.

Who would the Celtics have had to trade?  Because your second round theory means nothing without knowing who wouldn't be on the Celtics anymore.  YOu have no idea what N.O. was asking for.

According to this which qoutes a New Orleans paper they are happy with Kaman since Okafor went down, don't want to move him and may even resign him.

This from ESPN says the same.  They don't want to buy him out either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

What does 2nd round get you? Really shooting for stars aren't you. I see your not stating to bring this up when they lose in game 6 or 7 of the Finals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

If the season ended today, Boston would have the 18th and 21st picks in the 1st round of the 2012 draft. New Orleans is not trading their projected #2 pick for #18 and #21. I don't even know if you could get a top 10 pick for 18 and 21.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : I agree that Ainge should have traded Ray for a 1st rounder. If the Celts reach the 2nd round of the playoffs and the Celts end up losing in Game 6 or Game 7, just remember this discussion we had about getting a big man like Kaman. Kaman would have made a difference. The Celts don't even have to trade Rondo to get Kaman.

At this point, I would consider that a successful season!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Beating a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs means you're either beating the #1 or #2 seed. If we can beat the Bulls or Heat in a 7-game series then we can beat anyone.  Right now the favorites to win the championship is the Heat. 

Yes. They are 1 player away from getting out of the 1st round, beating the Bulls and Heat back to back then likely OKC in the finals. Cool Story.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Exactly.  It's amazing.  this must have been what the whole "Earth is flat, Earth is round" argument must have felt like.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I just don't know how you look at the Bulls and Heat and think the Celtics are one move away from beating BOTH of those teams in the play-offs.

I was in favor of trading Ray because the Celts are not going to win this year, so getting a piece that was part of the future plan, to me has more value than holding onto Ray until they lose in the first or second round of the play-offs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Kaman is just an example. Like I said, even getting a JJ Hickson would have helped because it would have made Bass a 6th man again.  If the Celts sign Chris Johnson he would not start because he's not starter material. Stiemsma is better than Chris Johnson right now.

Yeah Hickson would have helped but would have done absolutely nothing to enhance the Celtics shot at winning it all this year.

Nothing.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : I just don't know how you look at the Bulls and Heat and think the Celtics are one move away from beating BOTH of those teams in the play-offs. I was in favor of trading Ray because the Celts are not going to win this year, so getting a piece that was part of the future plan, to me has more value than holding onto Ray until they lose in the first or second round of the play-offs.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Yes. They are 1 player away from getting out of the 1st round, beating the Bulls and Heat back to back then likely OKC in the finals. Cool Story.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  There was no move out there that was getting them through the east.  So the only trade I wanted to see was one that set them up better for 2012-2013 and beyond. 

The only place I disagree with you is it is looking like LAL in the finals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Nobody thought the #8 seed Knicks, who was without Pat Ewing the entire 1999 playoffs, would have beaten the #1 seed Miami Heat. But they did and they went to the Finals. That Ewing-less Knicks team beat the #1 and #2 seed of the east to advance to the 1999 Finals. Very cool story.

I think the point you are missing it that no one thought this because it was so improbable.  The fact that you think something equally improbable will happen does not make you correct. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Knicks didn't win the championship.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Nobody thought the #8 seed Knicks, who was without Pat Ewing the entire 1999 playoffs, would have beaten the #1 seed Miami Heat. But they did and they went to the Finals. That Ewing-less Knicks team beat the #1 and #2 seed of the east to advance to the 1999 Finals. Very cool story.

So b/c one time in NBA history an 8 seed made a run to the finals now teams have to operate with that in mind?  I know, I know, that was also a lock out season and that is why you think it matters but it also was when the Eastern Conference was pathetic and it also was still best of 5 in first round. 

The 99 Knicks have zero bearing on the 2012 Celtics.  There were no 2012 Heat and Bulls for the 99 knicks to go through.  The Celtics are done as soon as the face the miami or chicago, if not before, that is reality and there is no trade out there that would've changed that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : In 1995 an old 6th seed Houston Rockets team beat the #2 seed Suns and the #1 seed Spurs to advance to the 1995 Finals.

Kaman clearly will have the impact of the Hakeem.

25. This post has been removed.