Celtics have signed free agents F/C Jamal Sampson, G/F Gilbert Brown, and F Michael Sweetney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Celtics have signed free agents F/C Jamal Sampson, G/F Gilbert Brown, and F Michael Sweetney

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Celtics have signed free agents F/C Jamal Sampson, G/F Gilbert Brown, and F Michael Sweetney

They have been signed to get dunked on in training cramp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Celtics have signed free agents F/C Jamal Sampson, G/F Gilbert Brown, and F Michael Sweetney

Here's how the Opening Day roster shapes up now:

C - Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Greg Stiemsma
    PF - Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, JaJuan Johnson
    SF - Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, E'Twaun Moore, Sasha Pavlovic
    PG - Rajon Rondo, Keyon Dooling, Avery Bradley
    SG - Ray Allen, Marquis Daniels

That's 15 players. I'm assuming that Stiemsma wins the 15th spot, beating out Sampson, Brown, and Sweetney who are around to provide extra training camp bodies, NBDL depth, injury insurance, and contingency options in case of a multi-player trade.

If the Celtics add James Posey and/or some other player with the $3 million mini-MLE, then I'd expect Pavlovic and Stiemsma to be the first two waived.

As currently constituted, this roster cannot win a championship, however will remain good enough to challenge for the Atlantic Division title, and certainly a playoff spot. I would project the present group as a fourth seed with a better than 50% chance at winning the first round, a 25% chance of winning the second round, and virtually no chance of winning more than a game or two in the Eastern Conference Finals. Sadly, that's the best case scenario for this team. The Celtics are just not as good as the Bulls or Heat, to name two, and might not even be as good as the Knicks anymore who have serious size (Chandler and Stoudemire), along with some underrated role players. If the Magic retain Dwight Howard, they'll remain a decent playoff team. I also expect breakthroughs for Indiana and Milwaukee (Bogut and Jennings could be a lethal 1-2 combo), and more of the same from Atlanta and Philadelphia.

The Celtics are trending downward overall (despite what appears to be their best bench since '08), while the competition improves (Miami with Battier, New York with Chandler, Indiana with West) or stays the same (Chicago).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Sweetney might just make this team out of desperation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics have signed free agents F/C Jamal Sampson, G/F Gilbert Brown, and F Michael Sweetney:
    Here's how the Opening Day roster shapes up now: C - Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Greg Stiemsma PF - Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, JaJuan Johnson SF - Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, E'Twaun Moore, Sasha Pavlovic PG - Rajon Rondo, Keyon Dooling, Avery Bradley SG - Ray Allen, Marquis Daniels That's 15 players. I'm assuming that Stiemsma wins the 15th spot, beating out Sampson, Brown, and Sweetney who are around to provide extra training camp bodies, NBDL depth, injury insurance, and contingency options in case of a multi-player trade. If the Celtics add James Posey and/or some other player with the $3 million mini-MLE, then I'd expect Pavlovic and Stiemsma to be the first two waived. As currently constituted, this roster cannot win a championship, however will remain good enough to challenge for the Atlantic Division title, and certainly a playoff spot. I would project the present group as a fourth seed with a better than 50% chance at winning the first round, a 25% chance of winning the second round, and virtually no chance of winning more than a game or two in the Eastern Conference Finals. Sadly, that's the best case scenario for this team. The Celtics are just not as good as the Bulls or Heat, to name two, and might not even be as good as the Knicks anymore who have serious size (Chandler and Stoudemire), along with some underrated role players. If the Magic retain Dwight Howard, they'll remain a decent playoff team. I also expect breakthroughs for Indiana and Milwaukee (Bogut and Jennings could be a lethal 1-2 combo), and more of the same from Atlanta and Philadelphia. The Celtics are trending downward overall (despite what appears to be their best bench since '08), while the competition improves (Miami with Battier, New York with Chandler, Indiana with West) or stays the same (Chicago).
    Posted by davidap

Good analysis.....but that's why they actually play the games live.....to see what REALLY happens.  They may disappoint us or they may positively surprise us and go further than we think.   I believe a lot depends on how much rest the starters get and how fresh they are at the end of the season (in other words - how good will our bench be).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics have signed free agents F/C Jamal Sampson, G/F Gilbert Brown, and F Michael Sweetney:
    Here's how the Opening Day roster shapes up now: C - Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Greg Stiemsma PF - Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, JaJuan Johnson SF - Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, E'Twaun Moore, Sasha Pavlovic PG - Rajon Rondo, Keyon Dooling, Avery Bradley SG - Ray Allen, Marquis Daniels That's 15 players. I'm assuming that Stiemsma wins the 15th spot, beating out Sampson, Brown, and Sweetney who are around to provide extra training camp bodies, NBDL depth, injury insurance, and contingency options in case of a multi-player trade. If the Celtics add James Posey and/or some other player with the $3 million mini-MLE, then I'd expect Pavlovic and Stiemsma to be the first two waived. As currently constituted, this roster cannot win a championship, however will remain good enough to challenge for the Atlantic Division title, and certainly a playoff spot. I would project the present group as a fourth seed with a better than 50% chance at winning the first round, a 25% chance of winning the second round, and virtually no chance of winning more than a game or two in the Eastern Conference Finals. Sadly, that's the best case scenario for this team. The Celtics are just not as good as the Bulls or Heat, to name two, and might not even be as good as the Knicks anymore who have serious size (Chandler and Stoudemire), along with some underrated role players. If the Magic retain Dwight Howard, they'll remain a decent playoff team. I also expect breakthroughs for Indiana and Milwaukee (Bogut and Jennings could be a lethal 1-2 combo), and more of the same from Atlanta and Philadelphia. The Celtics are trending downward overall (despite what appears to be their best bench since '08), while the competition improves (Miami with Battier, New York with Chandler, Indiana with West) or stays the same (Chicago).
    Posted by davidap

No sense bothering to play the games I guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i dont remember sweetney being that bad of a player when he was with the team in 09/10. he just needed to lose a ton of weight. does anyone know if he has lost it or not?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Apparently Danny was all over Gilbert Brown from Pitt immediately after the draft-hopefully there is something there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Apparently Danny was all over Gilbert Brown from Pitt immediately after the draft-hopefully there is something there. 
    Posted by spewey

Wonder if Brown would have a shot at Green's spot - worse case scenario?

Sections
Shortcuts