Celtics have weak bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics have weak bench

Well I think Doc is going to only have BBD, Green, West and JON off the bench. These guys look horrible.

I'm wondering do the Big 4 know this already from practice and sense there is no way to get through the playoffs with these guys.

It may be premature but wow they need some serious work together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Celtics have weak bench

They have no energy or defense off the bench. We lost that when we lost Powe, T.A., and Posey.

Defense and effort is what makes a good bench and we lost that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Doc screwed up the game with his sub pattern.  He must not want to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics have weak bench:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me or has Glen Davis actually gotten fatter during the season?  Not trying to pick on the guy but his physique looks atrocious.  On another note (looking to the future) I'm not sure if Rondo or Jeff Green can be anymore than your third or fourth best player if you consider yourself a contender. I guess I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, looking for answers.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

Yes! An episode of the 'Association' shows G. Davis in his hotel on the road with a big plate pasta and a plate of pancakes or waffles for dinner!

Also agree on Rondo & Green. Rondo needs to work on his head and conditioning in the off-season. He starts off the year great but there's no way a guy who just turned 25 should be babied and get time-off like his teamates who are 10 years older! Also, isn't it ironic that DA risked trading Perk to get a solid back-up for PP, yet it looks like Green is much better suited at the 4!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have weak bench : Yes! An episode of the 'Association' shows G. Davis in his hotel on the road with a big plate pasta and a plate of pancakes or waffles for dinner! Also agree on Rondo & Green. Rondo needs to work on his head and conditioning in the off-season. He starts off the year great but there's no way a guy who just turned 25 should be babied and get time-off like his teamates who are 10 years older! Also, isn't it ironic that DA risked trading Perk to get a solid back-up for PP, yet it looks like Green is much better suited at the 4!
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say that... and thats his pre game meal... who does that. While the rest of the team misses Perk, Shrek misses Donkey ! : (

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It wasn't a problem for BBD the first seventy games of the season.  The problem this team has is that they brought  Murphy and Pavlovich and they don't help them at all.  That was a real kick in the teeth.  You can't say Harangody and Erden were not more suited to help than the new guys.  They would have helped tonight for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Celtics have weak bench:
    [QUOTE]Well I think Doc is going to only have BBD, Green, West and JON off the bench. These guys look horrible. I'm wondering do the Big 4 know this already from practice and sense there is no way to get through the playoffs with these guys. It may be premature but wow they need some serious work together.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I guess some of you aren't seeing the same thing. According to MsLith (on her "Positive Fan Thread") and I quote...

"I wish we could have won and am crushed that we lost, but our bench grew a lot today."

I'm with you BiaLewis...your bench is pretty weak. I don't think there are a lot of playoff teams that have a lot of fear of the C's bench players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Whatever happened to that guy from the D League..... (no not Walker)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

How is a bench that nearly beat an NBA team a bad bench? Come on now. They were pretty good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]How is a bench that nearly beat an NBA team a bad bench? Come on now. They were pretty good.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

THE WIZARDS!!

Do I really need to spell it out for you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nelsonbuzzershot. Show nelsonbuzzershot's posts

The problem with this team is the coach. When Garnett went down in 09 Ainge got Mickie Moore and didnt use the 7 footer. When Garnett came back still injured the next year Ainge got us Sheldon and he wasnt used much in playoffs. Both these players were considered, when acquired, to be decent players and had size but our coach made them look like bums. I am not saying they should have gotten big minutes but they should have been used to rest the others and keep them out of foul trouble. Doc liked Marquis, Stephon and Scal and used them and faltered. This year he is mismanaging Green and Kristic. Notice how they look good when used and when another player comes back they get pushed aside to the bench. Ainge had to make the trade because they had no backup for Pierce and because Celtics needed more offence since the 3 year window was over unless they got another superstar, which they havent been able to do. Perk went to the Thunder where they had the luxury of not needing any points from him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have weak bench : I was gonna say that... and thats his pre game meal... who does that. While the rest of the team misses Perk, Shrek misses Donkey ! : (
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

don't you guys think davis has a nutritionist?  he's lost most all of his high school and college blubber and keeps adding muscle.  it seems like when we win nobody says anything about davis, even if he's done great but when we lose it's because he's fat.  that's a joke. 

part of me hopes that he leaves this town so you ignorant "fat" hating nitwits will realize what he does for this team.  who's gonna replace him and at WHAT paycheck and they're going to be backup 4/5, LEGIT slam bam in the post with howard, bynum, biggest guys in league?  yeah, come talk to me with the list of names who will do it.

i don't know what good pancakes do unless they're made of special flour, which they may well be, but pasta is classic carbohydrate loading, for energy, which davis uses a lot of covering up off of shows and closing gaps, taking charges and running the floor as good as anyone who plays the 4 in the league.

when was the last time any of you armchair a-holes competed at a professional level in anything other than criticizing glen davis anyway?

he's 6th man of the year material and suddenly he's fat.  i thought he worked his fat self around the post pretty good tonight.  he fouled out blatche and left blatche's jock on the floor 3 or 4 times with post up spin moves. 

hmmm.  let's see, blatche is 6-11, 260 and fast and can jump high and davis is 6-7 300+ pounds, yet he goes around blatche like he's a statue.  there must be something there other than pancakes and twinkies. 

maybe some ability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have weak bench : don't you guys think davis has a nutritionist?  he's lost most all of his high school and college blubber and keeps adding muscle.  it seems like when we win nobody says anything about davis, even if he's done great but when we lose it's because he's fat.  that's a joke.  part of me hopes that he leaves this town so you ignorant "fat" hating nitwits will realize what he does for this team.  who's gonna replace him and at WHAT paycheck and they're going to be backup 4/5, LEGIT slam bam in the post with howard, bynum, biggest guys in league?  yeah, come talk to me with the list of names who will do it. i don't know what good pancakes do unless they're made of special flour, which they may well be, but pasta is classic carbohydrate loading, for energy, which davis uses a lot of covering up off of shows and closing gaps, taking charges and running the floor as good as anyone who plays the 4 in the league. when was the last time any of you armchair a-holes competed at a professional level in anything other than criticizing glen davis anyway? he's 6th man of the year material and suddenly he's fat.  i thought he worked his fat self around the post pretty good tonight.  he fouled out blatche and left blatche's jock on the floor 3 or 4 times with post up spin moves.  hmmm.  let's see, blatche is 6-11, 260 and fast and can jump high and davis is 6-7 300+ pounds, yet he goes around blatche like he's a statue.  there must be something there other than pancakes and twinkies.  maybe some ability.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Not to mention ...did you see that block on McGee's dunk attempt right at the rim...that was downright impressive. People, Glen Davis, regardless to what he eats, is a player most teams in the league would love to have on their roster for the intangibles he brings...and the tangibles for that matter. Baby is a true Celtic (and we can partly thank Garnett for helping to push the kid to be more)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have weak bench : Yes! An episode of the 'Association' shows G. Davis in his hotel on the road with a big plate pasta and a plate of pancakes or waffles for dinner! Also agree on Rondo & Green. Rondo needs to work on his head and conditioning in the off-season. He starts off the year great but there's no way a guy who just turned 25 should be babied and get time-off like his teamates who are 10 years older! Also, isn't it ironic that DA risked trading Perk to get a solid back-up for PP, yet it looks like Green is much better suited at the 4!
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Green can't defend at the 4. he can play there in a run-and-gun, offense first team, (which is what we'll become once the big 3 and doc retire), but we're a defense first team, which means he's better suited at the 3 where he can be a nuisance with his length

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have weak bench : don't you guys think davis has a nutritionist?  he's lost most all of his high school and college blubber and keeps adding muscle.  it seems like when we win nobody says anything about davis, even if he's done great but when we lose it's because he's fat.  that's a joke.  part of me hopes that he leaves this town so you ignorant "fat" hating nitwits will realize what he does for this team.  who's gonna replace him and at WHAT paycheck and they're going to be backup 4/5, LEGIT slam bam in the post with howard, bynum, biggest guys in league?  yeah, come talk to me with the list of names who will do it. i don't know what good pancakes do unless they're made of special flour, which they may well be, but pasta is classic carbohydrate loading, for energy, which davis uses a lot of covering up off of shows and closing gaps, taking charges and running the floor as good as anyone who plays the 4 in the league. when was the last time any of you armchair a-holes competed at a professional level in anything other than criticizing glen davis anyway? he's 6th man of the year material and suddenly he's fat.  i thought he worked his fat self around the post pretty good tonight.  he fouled out blatche and left blatche's jock on the floor 3 or 4 times with post up spin moves.  hmmm.  let's see, blatche is 6-11, 260 and fast and can jump high and davis is 6-7 300+ pounds, yet he goes around blatche like he's a statue.  there must be something there other than pancakes and twinkies.  maybe some ability.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of your post..

BBD usually brings it every night. Hes battling centers and using up lots of energy defending their post ups doing so. Hes a PF, potential 6th man of the year but hes had to sacrifice  that spot to fill in at center cause of all the Celtic injuries.

HEs lost his midrange shot for the past 20+ games.. could be exhaustion playing out of position..  But hes one of the few on the team that posts up often... he gets to the line, adds fouls to the opponents... takes charges like nobody else on the C's... plainly, BBD is a workhorse and grinder..  and a darn good player for us.

Does it matter if some feel he looks fatter or skinnier? What matters is what he does on the court. On the season as a whole, hes been a real bright spot and probably will have a good playoffs as well..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]They have no energy or defense off the bench. We lost that when we lost Powe, T.A., and Posey. Defense and effort is what makes a good bench and we lost that.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
     What have all three done since they left Boston? Why don't you add Nate and Daniels and you have a great starting five..........NOT!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Celtics have weak bench:
    [QUOTE]Well I think Doc is going to only have BBD, Green, West and JON off the bench. These guys look horrible. I'm wondering do the Big 4 know this already from practice and sense there is no way to get through the playoffs with these guys. It may be premature but wow they need some serious work together.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
     He's only playing 8 maybe 9 in the playoffs anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The same guys who almost won a nba game will be our bench in the playoffs....Kristic barley played in the 2nd half.  It may be shorter rotation,...but we know what we have in Kristic, Green, Baby and Wafer and West??  thats enough for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I thought the bench played very well last night.  If West hadn't gone down we would have won it going away.

Arroyo, murphy, bradley look terribly hoplessly lost out there, but baby and west looked pretty good and I thought green looked very good.

Most impressive to me is the 38 minutes logged by jo.  If he can play that well, I think we have a good shot at this even without shaq.  All you guys in a panic and even the boston pundits...do you really think the c's are trying right now?  Isn't it obvious they decided a long time ago they don't care about home court advantage.  I promise you, you'll see the first half of the year c's starting monday.

I told myself at the beginning of the year to expect a second half slide and not to panic.  I'm not going to panic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

green sux, most overrated player in league and murphy is the worst player in the league, what a clod!!!! kristic is weak; Jon has done nothing for years. our bench is pathetic.

Doc will use Baby, Green, and West, and JON and Kristic. 

Everything depends on Shaq. When Shaq is healthy, we still can beat anyone

Sections
Shortcuts