Celtics, Hawks, Mavs 3-way deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtics, Hawks, Mavs 3-way deal

Realgm.com is reporting the Celtics were about to send Pierce to Dallas in a 3-way deal with the Hawks sending Josh Smith to Boston.

Dallas would have sent a few players to the Hawks, exchanged 1st round picks with them and the Celtics would have sent the Hawks their 1st round pick.

I wonder what nixed that deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

Re: Celtics, Hawks, Mavs 3-way deal

Yahoo is reporting Danny didn't want to include a first round pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

That tells me Danny really did not want to do the deal.  I mean, you'll let go of Pierce but nix it because you don't want to include a 1st rounder that would most likely not help us anyway?

Besides, you got Sully returning and hopefully Melo so you essentially have two draft picks in them next year in the fold.

Can you imagine a front line of Smith, KG and Green?  Wow.

Honestly, I would not have minded seeing that trade go through.

Oh well.  It did not and this is where we are. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would only have wanted to see that trade go through if the KG for Jordan and Bledsoe deal was approved (KG waiving the trade clause) right after

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think the sentiment is that had Pierce been dealt, KG would have waived his no-trade and gone to LA.  I know speculation but had that all fell into place, WOW.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I would only have wanted to see that trade go through if the KG for Jordan and Bledsoe deal was approved (KG waiving the trade clause) right after

I was just going to say that.  A team of Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Smith and Jordan is explosive.  With Lee, Terry (they prob don't do the Crawford deal), Williams, Bass and Wilcox, that is also a decent bench!

Both or neither, I agree Rame!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

+1

I may have done that deal. I think Ainge may feel he can get Smith during the offseason via FA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

or trade rondo to ATL as has also been suggested on this board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

+1

I may have done that deal. I think Ainge may feel he can get Smith during the offseason via FA.

what? for the MLE? no way

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

What would stop this trade from being revisited during the offseason? PP to Dallas, Smith to Boston

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we waive Pierce before July 31 (?) , we are only on the books for 5 mill, correct?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

If we waive Pierce before July 31 (?) , we are only on the books for 5 mill, correct?

Yes

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Realgm.com is reporting the Celtics were about to send Pierce to Dallas in a 3-way deal with the Hawks sending Josh Smith to Boston.

Dallas would have sent a few players to the Hawks, exchanged 1st round picks with them and the Celtics would have sent the Hawks their 1st round pick.

I wonder what nixed that deal.

Doesn't make sense.  Atlanta would have traded Josh Smith for riff-raff from Dallas, exchange of picks and a 1st rounder from Boston?  Why?  Their record would have fallen, Dallas would have improved.  The pick exchange would hardly be an incentive.  Boston's pick would be no incentive either.

This is a made up story.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'm glad Pierce was not traded for Josh Smith , I going to enjoy watching Pierce play for the Celtics (4th seed) and probably  beat the Knicks again in the playoffs.....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.