Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread

If a PG gets that much space in halfcourt offense he must make an action or take the shot. Oh wait it's Rondo...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Jeff Green.  9+ minutes.  0 points.  1 reb.

Yeah, that was a good trade.

Shaq.  4+ minutes.  2 points.  1 foul.

Yeah, he's the key.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread:
    In Response to Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread : even if west is perfectly healthy, i want more wafer! play him at the 3. want less baby!play green at the 4 strictly for kg when he needs a breather play kg more at the 5. i really do not want to see baby at all in the second half! close with kg at the 5 in the last 5 minutes with gren at the 4 or with jo at the 5. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

If you play him at the Three it can't be when lebron is out there. He is not strong enough. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread : I don't understand the comment.  Doc put Green in and as you pointed out, he hasn't shown up.  Doc put BBD in and he hasn't shown up so he had to reinsert KG.  Doc's had JON in and JON has played ok so he's helping (albeit too slow to go up for a dunk, wasn't he). So, what is it that you expect Doc to do to "help KG"????
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Scary isn't it? The best option is one that won't happen: use Murphy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bench points at halftime

Boston 12
    Miami  21

Rondo's stats so far:  0-3 from field, no free throws,                                             1 rebound, 7 assists, 1 steal, 4 turnovers

Yeah, I hope I see what Doc has to address at the half

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

Meh - I'm an emotional guy.  What can I say. 

As is said about the French, it's not true love if you haven't threatened to kill yourself at some point over losing it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No way we will have a slim chance to win this series if: -We are afraid to shot (Rondo,Green) or go to the rim (West, KG, JON, Allen) -The refs don't start to call it even -our bench is totally outscored I can't believe a clearly injured Shaq has more points than Baby, Rondo and Greeen combined.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

Well, Ray has gone to the rim 3 or 4 times and gotten no fouls.  KG's game is the open fade away jumper so he is what he is. JON is too old and slow to go up strong on someone.   

I think we need just a few calls when we do go to the basket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Wafer attacks the rim he is not the Player green is but for know he is more confidant and we need that
    Posted by genaro008

agreed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Green is a real good player this just may not be a good fit

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Meh - I'm an emotional guy.  What can I say.  As is said about the French, it's not true love if you haven't threatened to kill yourself at some point over losing it.
    Posted by JustWords

Smile, I feel 'ya.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

I hope doc puts wafer in....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc made his decisions and Wafer, Pavlovic and Murphy are not in his plans.  He screwed up losing all those games at the end of the season these guys should have played more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Jeff Green.  9+ minutes.  0 points.  1 reb. Yeah, that was a good trade. Shaq.  4+ minutes.  2 points.  1 foul. Yeah, he's the key.
    Posted by rpn313

Hard to score if you havent taken a shot...his showing is because of Doc... give the freakin guy minutes and go to him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Where are all the guys who said Rondo would step up in the playoffs?
    The Knicks don't count!
    Imagine if we had someone like Conley as PG, anyone who can shoot the ball!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by genaro008

Been trying through many posts to explain that to people.  Having watched him for years....he is NOT an aggressive guy.  Talented, athletic, smart, but very passive.   That's going to keep him from EVER becoming a superstar and Danny should have known that.  

On Wafer, I do think its time for Doc to give him and Krstic a shot for a few minutes when the starters need a break.  But, Doc likely won't want to say nor feel that he lost with subs playing too many minutes and not giving the 4 allstars a full chance.  

Rondo is the one of the four that's just not doing anything.   I put a lot on him.  Ray, Paul, and KG have all brought their best tonight.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Doc really has to change lineups. Add Shaq to Davis and Green in the 2nd unit is no solution.

I really think this team needs (a better) mental coach. If the heat kills us with strength no problem but it is hard to accept that they beat us with BB fundamentals.

So far just the 4-4 in 3s and KG jumpers keep us alive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread : Hard to score if you havent taken a shot...his showing is because of Doc... give the freakin guy minutes and go to him
    Posted by CASox

Gimme a break.  They guy gets the ball and is afraid to shoot it.  He got a wide open 3 pointer and he hesitated, then tried to drive into 3 players.  Even the announcers commented that he just wasn't mentally confident enough to take the shot.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Posted by genaro008

It's almost as if the pressure is too great for him. It's almost like he would prefer to go hide somewhere and hope that he doesn't called. He kinda reminds me of David Woodley the quarterback for the NFL's Miami Dolphins in the early 80's. Very introverted. Always disappeared in big games. In fact, i remember reading how Woodley stated that his ideal game would be one where there were no fans watching. Ainge scr*wed up getting Green. I do hope however, that he has me eating crow... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Good start by KG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread : Scary isn't it? The best option is one that won't happen: use Murphy...
    Posted by guyfromtex
    good point. we r in real trouble as a team. i will still give it a shot. i saw tony allen dominate defensively on a taller and bigger durant today. yep, he's not bron. ur right. bring him in when bron is due for the bench. the race doesnt always go to the fast, swift, strong and more talented.. but that is the way to BET! logically, no real reason for celts to win. as a fan, YES! all about heart and passion, not logic

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Heat Game 3 Game Thread : It's almost as if the pressure is too great for him. It's almost like he would prefer to go hide somewhere and hope that he doesn't called. He kinda reminds me of David Woodley the quarterback for the NFL's Miami Dolphins in the early 80's. Very introverted. Always disappeared in big games. In fact, i remember reading how Woodley stated that his ideal game would be one where there were no fans watching. Ainge scr*wed up getting Green. I do hope however, that he has me eating crow... 
    Posted by guyfromtex

Exactly.  Stop blaming the coach and know that the guy needs to step up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

What is Rondo doing??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo hotdog passes again.... bench him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great foul. c the difference b/ our drives to the hoop and theirs? so explosive the defensive player is automatically out of position and has to make obvious fouls! rondo the zombie.... 5 TURNOVERS! where is west?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rondo, for %$^^^ sake!

Sections
Shortcuts