Celtics - Heat Game Thread 10/26

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Re: Celtics - Heat Game Thread 10/26

Shaq played great for the time he was in. He is going to make a bigger contribution than I thought.  Ray, Paul, KG, Rondo played great. O forgot how good they are. Big baby seems to have improved his game. Robertson is instant energy. Daniels played super. Geezes, glad the seasons back. 

Don't look forward to the back to backs, but we'll see. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

I did not see the game. How were the refs tonight? Did they go nuts with the new technicals? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Post game show....Donnie Marshall refers to the Heat as "Cleveland South" 3 or 4 times. Absolutely classic.... gotta love that and I'll bet the name sticks too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

There should be a Facebook group or something about how sick it is the way ESPN is propping up Mebron.  The guy barrels into Pierce and the refs blow the call.  TNT analysts are all praise about great Mebron is because he makes the refs make a bad call.  Wow!!

The Celts played well but I was quite surprised by how old they looked.  This is clearly a very skilled but an old team.  The bench will be crucial in taking the Celts to a good record.

Here is hoping that the offensive efficiency will soon rise to the level of defensive efficiency.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Great start to the season. K.G was rebounding well which is a great sign. I liked just about everybodies game tonight. J. O'neal is a little rusty and needs more playing to get in proper condition. Never the less, I think he will be a big part of the second unit in time.
        In reference to the Heat. L.James played the point and rarely passed the ball. I bet he didn't get 3 assists all night. There was no team work to the Heats offense. It was all 1 on 1. It's only their first game and time will tell if the start playing as a team or if they will continue to be glory hogs like L.J was tonight.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics - Heat Game Thread 10/26:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Celtics fans should be complaining too loudly you beat the Heat, and there's room for improvement. Enjoy this season, that's all I can say. Still I'm sure there'll be complaints from people who enjoy complaining!
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
    I only complain about the refs and you know why. Go ahead defend the charge call on Pierce when he beat LeBron to the spot and made him look like a raging boy. The refs suxk out loud and any objective fan of this sport knows that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics - Heat Game Thread 10/26:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics - Heat Game Thread 10/26 : I only complain about the refs and you know why. Go ahead defend the charge call on Pierce when he beat LeBron to the spot and made him look like a raging boy. The refs suxk out loud and any objective fan of this sport knows that.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

We'll just have to take the good with the bad. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Very true about the refs, some terrible calls, both ways too. The blocking foul on Pierce when Lebron was on the break was a joke! Even the announcers agreed it was a bad call but, of course, they gave Lebron credit for the refs making a bad call. Ridiculous!!

My main concern, which I posted about on another thread, was the invisible JO. As we saw, Shaq in only going to play so much...maybe 20 min.  JO looked terrible as his replacement.

I was so happy on the last play (Rays 3) but it wasnt just cause Ray buried it. Earlier I was getting upset with Pierce doing his 1on1 thing and turning the ball over. Seemed like PP was feeling left out of the scoring and tried forcing himself, refusing to give the ball up.  On the last 3 by Ray, it was a sharp, blink of an eye pass from Pierce that got Ray the ball. Paul didnt try to force his move and made the right play.

Everything is good again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Can't think of too many scenarios in which I am pulling for the green, but this was one of them. Nice win, Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

CELTICS

Shaq
    +if he had hit that easy layups in the beginning it would have been a perfect game (taking his age into account). Good on BOTH ends of the floor!

Baby and Daniels
    +Good on BOTH ends of the floor and hustle.

Allen and Pierce
    +Big Game and crunch time plays

Garnett
    +Where was Bosh?
    -Turned the ball over, made stupid offensive fouls and missed both FTs in crunch time
    -No lift, only jumbers? Is he really back?

JON
    +He played almost as good as Wade
    -Wade was terrible and looked rusty

Rondo
    +17 Assists, shaq will give him two extra each game
    -afraid to shoot or to draw fouls?

MIAMI

Wade
    -was rusty like hell. One big shot vs. how many TOs?

LeBron
    +A true fighter on the court
    -Only good when hoging the ball and doing a "here my train coming" offence

Bosh
    -Where was that guy?

House and Jones
    +Some nice shots from 3 point land. Miller wasn`t missed much.

In general:
    Their big 2.5 are better than ours because they are in their prime.
    BUT: They aren`t a good fit. Wade is a smaller version of LeBron (or vice versa). Bosh has no post game, actually no-one in this team has, but doesn't spread the floor either cause he`s not good enough from 3 point land.
    Nevertheless, when Wade is fit they will be much better. They will kill a lot of teams in transition.

Refs:
    Are they serious? What LeBron and Wade are doing on drives is just ridiculous.
    So many non-calls on traveling and offensive fouls from the big two already in the first game! Yesterday it almost shifted the momentum to the Heat.

Sections
Shortcuts