Celtics/Hornets game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Celtics/Hornets game thread

stiemsma should be starting based off this game alone, JON has NEVER played this well for the celtics..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Maybe Steamers play will light a fire under JON, if possible. Steamer has earned more PT... lets hope Doc encourages him and gives it to him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Anyone have a link where I can watch the game?  Or is it on reg TV?  My kids have Disney on at the moment!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

gtfo nba is looked at as a joke because of terrible refs and soft players like pierce...unless there is more to the injury then we know, sitting out for a "sore heel" is as soft as it gets...as much as i hate the lakers and kobe bryant, at least he has some balls and will play hurt for his team, alot more then i can say for pierce...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Hornets game thread:
    Anyone have a link where I can watch the game?  Or is it on reg TV?  My kids have Disney on at the moment!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/99969/1/watch-new-orleans-hornets-vs-boston-celtics.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Anyone notice the disparity in FT's?  Which team is at home again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Not sure its worth watching if its anything like the first half... almost everyone was awful except for the big rook.. .. its sure looks like KG is done ... doesnt do much on either end now especially offensively.. has he even gone to the line in the past two games?....Ray is a great shooter but a total liability on D and a turnover waiting to happen......anyway, not a lot of good stuff to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

stiemsma has really energized the team since coming in, need to continue that in the 2nd half...this hornets team is not very good, and the celts are making them look good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Expecting Doc will give Steamer limited minutes...doesnt want to upset JON.. thats Docs style

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Expecting Doc will give Steamer limited minutes...doesnt want to upset JON.. thats Docs style
    Posted by Karllost

Thanks for the link, Karl!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Our bench is still not showing me a lot.  We are playing the HORNETS for goodness sake.  They don't even have their top scoring guard.  And we're getting beat at halftime by 9.

Daniels  10 mins, Sasha 10 mins, Bass 12 mins, Dooling 15 mins and they are all - points while in the game (Bass -13, Dooling -9, Steimsma -7, etc).   Of course we are about +2 with Ray, Rondo, and Garnett in.   

For all those who criticize Doc for trying to win games like the Knicks and Heat games...just take a look at tonight's game and any other game on the second night of a back to back.......we GOTTA win the first night because this happens against weak teams on the second night.  If we had won either or both of those games playing the starters 35+ minutes, it would have been worth it!   Garnett, O'neal, and Ray don't look tired from last night - they just look old but at least they aren't getting killed like the subs are.

Doc should give Moore additional minutes but other than Moore and Bass, I am NOT impressed with this bench.  We need Pierce and I sure hope Pietrus helps.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Losing the rebounding battle again, 22-27. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Exactly.  Where is our rebounding?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics/Hornets game thread : Exactly.  Where is our rebounding?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Youre saying that as if theres a logical answer. You know we're a very weak rebounding team. SO getting killed on the boards nothing new.

But I feel ur frustration

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce - do you see KG  trying to post inside?  Looks like he weighs about 4 pounds more than Johnson and getting pushed back.  He simply does not have the strength to play inside.  He looks pathetic.  The guy is just not one who can carry an offense at this stage of his career.  Same for O'Neal.  

C's are going to struggle when Ray and Paul aren't delivering points.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow - C's get robbed on SO many calls (offense AND defense). Maybe we just look too old and unaggressive to the refs so they hate us?   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Carl Landry is abusing KG.  This guy is 6'8" and KG can't do anything against him.  That is a crying shame.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

We weren't so good in back to backs last year, as I remember.
    I think this year is going to be more of the same.
    Old players just don't bounce back quick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Carl Landry is abusing KG.  This guy is 6'8" and KG can't do anything against him.  That is a crying shame.
    Posted by Petey62

I think the real weakspot is that Jack is abusing Rondo.  He's either scoring EVERY time or creating an easy shot for his teammates as he blows by Rondo.  Landry has taken 6 shots.  Jack has taken 15.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Steamer is owning the paint... how many blocks he have

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

JO's corpse will continue to start. Watch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Where is Rondo's defense?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Here come the phantom calls.  Celtics will get no closer than 3 before something strange happens!  Here it comes!!

Sections
Shortcuts