Celtics Identity

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Re: Celtics Identity

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

During halftime of the Bulls game one of the broadcasters made a pretty astute comment which I believe sums up the Celtics at this time.  He mentioned that the "Celtics have no identity".  There is nothing or nobody which gives the Celtics an identity.  In the past it used to be Garnett or Pierce but even now you can't count on them game in and game out..........they always drift away for games at a time...........in the past you could also point to defensive intensity........now you can do it at times again but nothing you can put your hat on........

So what is the Celtics Identity........do they have one.........can they have one......or what do they need to do to get one........

They can have one once Ainge completes the team by doing a trade.

We will not know what Celtic team we will have until the roster is set after the trade deadline.

very true. 

as to the point about identity, has been repeated often and acknowledged by anyone who watches the team that there is a HUGE identity problem with this team. it has begun the process toward defining itself in recent weeks, but wildly inconsistent play from terry, green, etc.; a refusal to play the style this team was seemingly built to play (i.e. scrappy; running; attacking; aggressive; moving the ball; coming at you in waves); and a severe lack of big men has helped define this team so far. Bradley has helped change the on court approach, but a failure to make a move (or two) for front court help will doom them to the marginal playoff team they are right now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

During halftime of the Bulls game one of the broadcasters made a pretty astute comment which I believe sums up the Celtics at this time.  He mentioned that the "Celtics have no identity".  There is nothing or nobody which gives the Celtics an identity.  In the past it used to be Garnett or Pierce but even now you can't count on them game in and game out..........they always drift away for games at a time...........in the past you could also point to defensive intensity........now you can do it at times again but nothing you can put your hat on........

So what is the Celtics Identity........do they have one.........can they have one......or what do they need to do to get one........

They can have one once Ainge completes the team by doing a trade.

We will not know what Celtic team we will have until the roster is set after the trade deadline.

very true. 

as to the point about identity, has been repeated often and acknowledged by anyone who watches the team that there is a HUGE identity problem with this team. it has begun the process toward defining itself in recent weeks, but wildly inconsistent play from terry, green, etc.; a refusal to play the style this team was seemingly built to play (i.e. scrappy; running; attacking; aggressive; moving the ball; coming at you in waves); and a severe lack of big men has helped define this team so far. Bradley has helped change the on court approach, but a failure to make a move (or two) for front court help will doom them to the marginal playoff team they are right now. 

Great points. I agree totally. Once we accomplish that then Doc has to go or else he will mess it all up as usual

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I thought Rondo was the face and identity of the team?   Maybe he has too many faces which confuses things...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I thought Rondo was the face and identity of the team?   Maybe he has too many faces which confuses things...

he's got the every 8th game "i'm going to get 25 tonight" face and then the 7/8 games "i don't give a F face".  it is confusing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

WAKEY WAKEY PEOPLE- a team's IDENTITY- isn't this yet ANOTHER THING that a coach is supposed to guide the ship in the general direction of?!

i mean here we have: bass, terry, lee, green- FOUR BIG PIECES OF THE PUZZLE plus add in a fifth- DARKO who is gone- that's 5 out of 12 pieces of this year's team either performing POORLY or REPULSED off of the team by rivers.

unfortunately, since this is the prevailing flavor of the team = FAILURE OF THE NEW PEOPLE TO INTEGRATE- that is our identity- and that's what teams prey upon- they know rondo doesn't give a crap night to night and they can just wear out KG and Pierce. 

by now green should be 15 a night, rondo 15+ a night plus TOP LEVEL QUALITY DEFENSE EVERY POSESSION and we have enough supplemental pieces to be way better than we are in the (now much) weak (er) east.  only we stink.  we are a trick or treat team with mostly tricks for the celts fans.

THAT is our identity.  give us a bad team and we might just mail it in.  give us a good team and we lose 5 out of 6 of those games too.

when THIS MANY THINGS- identity- any player new within the last two years, plus THREE WHO HAVE RECENTLY LEFT- darko, J. O'neal, davis all having made comments (in addition to BASS) about being confused about their role............  well c'mon- a genius like fierce- come on here and tell me who other than rivers constructs the roles of these players, humm?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

WAKEY WAKEY PEOPLE- a team's IDENTITY- isn't this yet ANOTHER THING that a coach is supposed to guide the ship in the general direction of?!

i mean here we have: bass, terry, lee, green- FOUR BIG PIECES OF THE PUZZLE plus add in a fifth- DARKO who is gone- that's 5 out of 12 pieces of this year's team either performing POORLY or REPULSED off of the team by rivers.

unfortunately, since this is the prevailing flavor of the team = FAILURE OF THE NEW PEOPLE TO INTEGRATE- that is our identity- and that's what teams prey upon- they know rondo doesn't give a crap night to night and they can just wear out KG and Pierce. 

by now green should be 15 a night, rondo 15+ a night plus TOP LEVEL QUALITY DEFENSE EVERY POSESSION and we have enough supplemental pieces to be way better than we are in the (now much) weak (er) east.  only we stink.  we are a trick or treat team with mostly tricks for the celts fans.

THAT is our identity.  give us a bad team and we might just mail it in.  give us a good team and we lose 5 out of 6 of those games too.

when THIS MANY THINGS- identity- any player new within the last two years, plus THREE WHO HAVE RECENTLY LEFT- darko, J. O'neal, davis all having made comments (in addition to BASS) about being confused about their role............  well c'mon- a genius like fierce- come on here and tell me who other than rivers constructs the roles of these players, humm?

Yup...  Doc got too much mileage (aka credit) out of the Big3 when they first teamed up... people actually believe Doc is a brilliant coach. Heck, just last night the announcers (during the last possession in regulation) were saying Doc is known for great out of bounds plays... then we ended up with KG taking an off balance 3 point brick at the buzzer..

DOc needs to understand the NBA isnt the NFL... there arent certain players used just for offense or defense... in the NBA you go both ways, or so the Celtic players thought.  Forget everything you learned starting from grade school , HS, college and the NBA and do only this....   Must be the same philosophy he uses with rotations....like Barbosa lighting it up the first day he was on the team... then benched..  now he wants out.

Most od us been begging for Sully to get much more minutes since we seen him play in the preseason.... finally hes getting more but why...Wilcox had to go down.  All of a sudden the media is gushing all over SUlly as a gem...  Sorry, Im just not crazy about Doc as a coach... wishwe held on to Thibs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Yup...  Doc got too much mileage (aka credit) out of the Big3 when they first teamed up... people actually believe Doc is a brilliant coach. Heck, just last night the announcers (during the last possession in regulation) were saying Doc is known for great out of bounds plays... then we ended up with KG taking an off balance 3 point brick at the buzzer..

DOc needs to understand the NBA isnt the NFL... there arent certain players used just for offense or defense... in the NBA you go both ways, or so the Celtic players thought.  Forget everything you learned starting from grade school , HS, college and the NBA and do only this....   Must be the same philosophy he uses with rotations....like Barbosa lighting it up the first day he was on the team... then benched..  now he wants out.

Most od us been begging for Sully to get much more minutes since we seen him play in the preseason.... finally hes getting more but why...Wilcox had to go down.  All of a sudden the media is gushing all over SUlly as a gem...  Sorry, Im just not crazy about Doc as a coach... wishwe held on to Thibs

I totally agree that Doc is not a good coach. He may be likable, but so am I and I can't coach. He has a script he goes by and never changes it. He is totally predictable and all the other teams and coaches have it figured out.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The way we played last night, I could go with this.