CELTICS IN STRANGE SHAPE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

CELTICS IN STRANGE SHAPE

With injury prone Daniels, Bass for Glen , D West gone,  we are looking at a lot of leftovers who do not understand our system and it will be hit and miss basketball.  We have not got one imporvement over last year, unless Green has developed a lot and become a real force.  He should start and be given the chance early in the season to blossom.  It we sit pat and play with the second rate bench, we are in for a long year, or we willl watch Danny be forced to move KG and Ray for young talent before the end of the season.  We will be lucky, now that Glen is gone, if JO makes the season, there jurst are not proven bigs out there.  Nobody will trade a great player for Rondo so might as well keep him.  Even Paul may haft to go, if the season goes bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: CELTICS IN BAD SHAPE

Wait a second. Lets compare with last years players. I think the outlooks seems more optimistic. Shaq was a bust and so was Murphy, Arroyo, Sasha and doc never played Wafer...Now we have Marquis, Dooling, Bass and Jajuan Johnson. Plus (crossing fingers) a more enthusiastic/with something to prove Bradley... I think it looks better than last year..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to CELTICS IN BAD SHAPE:
    With injury prone Daniels, Bass for Glen , D West gone,  we are looking at a lot of leftovers who do not understand our system and it will be hit and miss basketball.  We have not got one imporvement over last year, unless Green has developed a lot and become a real force.  He should start and be given the chance early in the season to blossom.  It we sit pat and play with the second rate bench, we are in for a long year, or we willl watch Danny be forced to move KG and Ray for young talent before the end of the season.  We will be lucky, now that Glen is gone, if JO makes the season, there jurst are not proven bigs out there.  Nobody will trade a great player for Rondo so might as well keep him.  Even Paul may haft to go, if the season goes bad.
    Posted by maryngary

I'm considering hedging my bets and maybe not purchasing the NBA games on DIRECTV... something I have thoroughly enjoyed since the Big Three came together. I haven't missed a game in 4 years... but I'm thinking that an aging Big Three and a deflated RR may be awfully tough to watch.

The vultures may be circling before long and I hate to think about what could have been... as opposed to what actually is. Sure don't want to pay good money to watch the pieces begin to fly apart and the finger pointing that comes with it. Don't know if my heart can stand that.

Trading KG would be the very worst for me. PP and Ray a close 2nd.

Pud 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Losing Glen Davis did not hurt us. He was horrible last year. If we get David West we may look better than last year. Last year we looked good on paper but we were an old an ineffective team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bass and Green look good, Daniels says he is healthy, David West is a question?, JO gone??  Where is the size?  Go Danny , things looking strange?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: CELTICS IN STRANGE SHAPE

How did we go from a thread titled "Celtics in Bad Shape".... to "Celtics in Strange Shape"?

Can the thread starter change the title?

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I remember when the C's picked up Ray Allen,  I thought it was great.  I thought he would be a good asset and improve our team.  I was all for it.  Most here thought it was completely a stupid move on Danny's part.  Of course I didn't know KG was coming as probably everyone else didn't.  He did and we all know how that turned out.  Well I like the pickup of West as well, even though it may look like we have too many forwards.  West, when healthy is a very good player. Probably better than anyone we have.  IF he plays with Rondo he will flourish as well.  If we get another PG he will still be a good player.    This move is similar to picking up Ray Allen.  Danny is getting a good player bottom line, if healthy.  Got the feeling there is more in store.

1/1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: CELTICS IN BAD SHAPE:
    Wait a second. Lets compare with last years players. I think the outlooks seems more optimistic. Shaq was a bust and so was Murphy, Arroyo, Sasha and doc never played Wafer...Now we have Marquis, Dooling, Bass and Jajuan Johnson. Plus (crossing fingers) a more enthusiastic/with something to prove Bradley... I think it looks better than last year..
    Posted by cabutan

I definitely agree with you and believe that the trades/acquisitons that the Celtics have made so far have improved this team.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they can definitely make the playoffs with this roster, but if they want to go any further, another move will probobaly need to be made...i dont think danny is done yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope Danny is not done but in the talks reported for Howard it is Dallas, LA and the Nets.  This concerns me with all these forwards.  What is Danny thinking at this point?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: CELTICS IN BAD SHAPE:
    Losing Glen Davis did not hurt us. He was horrible last year. If we get David West we may look better than last year. Last year we looked good on paper but we were an old an ineffective team.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Davis wasn't "horrible" last year, only in the playoffs. He actually gave the team a lot during the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

So far our bench is not any better that it was last year.  Question Just how healthy is David West and why do we need him?   The Chris Paul trade is in second and alive, just goes to show what other teams like N. O. think of Rondo. ON the bench again where is the beef?

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts