Celtics Injuries since winnin the Chip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Celtics Injuries since winnin the Chip

Haven't had a healthy season since '08 ... '09 KG '10 Perk '11 Perk, Shaq, JO, Delonte, Marquis, Rondo, Pierce, Ray

Maybe we can catch a break next year...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Celtics Injuries since winnin the Chip

In Response to Re: Celtics Injuries since winnin the Chip:
    In Response to Celtics Injuries since winnin the Chip : You expecting the Celts to make another run at the championship next season?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Well Green and Krstic will have a training camp under their belts and should be better.  I believe West, Wafer, Pavlovic, Murphy and Arroyo that out of them that two will be back and have a full training camp.  JON with rest.  hopefully we have a good draft to get KG a back up and Ray a back up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Injuries since winnin the Chip : No way! The Celts are done!  I mean we really can't expect a team that averages 38.8 rebounds per game to be a contender. Our team got old, it happens to all great NBA players. Don't be surprised if the Celts will trade their #1 pick in this year's draft. Us fans will just have to endure a season of mediocrity. After next season is over, BOOM! The Celts will go after Dwight and maybe CP3 or D-Will.
    Posted by Fiercest34

SO why are you still posting ... you should retire along with Shaq

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Want a medal or something?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rondo and Perk's injuries hurt, but what can you do?  Injuries are a part of the game.  With age comes injuries, so I expect even more time missed by the vets next year. 

Unless Ainge has an ace up his sleeve or gets the proverbial "offer he can't refuse" for one of the big 3, expect this roster to be the same with some minor adjustments.  Not sure that's good enough to challenge deep in the playoffs, but it's the playoffs. 

The C's need to accumulate some talent.  They can either go into next year and ride it out until they're in full rebuild mode, or they can hasten rebuilding by putting anyone and everyone on the table for trades.  I'm betting it's the former. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Last year Andrew Bynum had an injection every halftime of the finals just so that he can play. Enough said.
    Posted by Fiercest34

What does this have to do with the Celtics?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Doc said we can't rely on the Big 3 as much next year. He said the same thing last year but DA went out and got older role players who broke down and forced the Big 3 to carry the load.

I think DA realizes he can't do that again this year but what does scare me is that he is still feels we need more offense ("Perk didn't really contribute to our offense" -Ainge on WEEI) when the Celts really desperately need easier, high percentage offense a.k.a REBOUNDING!

Anyway, let's hope DA can find some Leon Powe types to fill this need without sacrificing more defense as he did with Perkins and Tony Allen.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Can we stick to the thread, or maybe have a "no more than 3 insults per thread" rule. I know we're all a little raw after seeing the Celtic's lose to Miami, but c'mon.

Regarding the thread, I don't see how an team who's core is past 30 and going to be one year older is going to go through a season with less injuries, unless Doc  makes a decision to go for the 8th seed and rest rest rest his starters during the regular season to a much greater extent than he has done over the last 2 years.

And if Rondo needs to bring a respectable mid range jumper to camp next fall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We'd have a decent shot at a title next year with this same group if a Lock Out happens..  Imagine playing only a 40 game schedule, then the playoffs...  We'd be in great shape

Sections
Shortcuts