Celtics Interested in Matt Barnes?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtics Interested in Matt Barnes?

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whether or not I think Barnes will be signed or whether I think he will help are two different things.  I DO NOT think he will be signed by BOS because of his off-court "activities" and that he is a knucklehead.  As a BASKETBALL player, his skill set could help us.............not too hard to understand

You don't exactly have a lot of credibility around here anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Hasn't stopped you from stalking me, though, has it?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We didn't have "cap space", that was mis-information.  We only had cap space if we renounced all of our Free Agents, like Pitino did.......... Danny opted to re-sign ours, and because they had cap holds, there was never really any cap space to begin with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

Collins doesn't score, rebound or defend.
    He is a mountain with feet.

you really don't know that Collins gives Howard problems and is thought of as a very good defensive player do you?  I am not a Collins fan but it is just the fact that you don't know these things...wow.  Van Gundy said in this article that Collins played "the best D all Year" on Howard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110331/daily-dime

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston could have easily had cap space.
    Danny the General Mangler left Boston very thin at the center position.
    He also threw away any chance of having cap space in the next few years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

By renouncing ALL of our free agents, we could have had 22 mill in cap space.  That is true.  He chose NOT to do it, and go with the players we had....the ones that took us to Game 7 in the ECF.  We lost Ray, and replaced him with TWO career double-digit scorers.
    There was never really any cap space, it was an illusion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

While Pavlovic had limited offensive skills, it seemed like he would get up on players defensively and do whatever was asked of him. What else do we really need in a player who will at most play 7 minutes occasionally?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

so are we interested in barnes? or was this just crap? and what ever happen to what he said on twitter?  i'm lost here....

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

By renouncing ALL of our free agents, we could have had 22 mill in cap space.  That is true.  He chose NOT to do it, and go with the players we had....the ones that took us to Game 7 in the ECF.  We lost Ray, and replaced him with TWO career double-digit scorers.

Nice try Red, but no one is biting on that theory.  The Celtics have KG at the 5 spot with Collins backing him up.  Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

Not really sure who you are speaking to here, or to what you are referring.  I never mentioned KG or Collins in my post.  My post was about the illusion of cap space - we never had any.  And the fact we replaced Ray with Terry and Lee.  Not sure what "theory" no one is biting on.  I stated all facts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Nice try Red, but no one is biting on that theory.  The Celtics have KG at the 5 spot with Collins backing him up.  Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

There isn't anything wrong with KG at the 5.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Other teams "bigs?"  Like who, Bynum?  And?????????

Sections
Shortcuts