Celtics interested in Michael Pietrus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Celtics interested in Michael Pietrus?

Don't remember the details of the Pierce pic, but it was from this season

As far as Celtics1986's point on Rondo:
    "Just not sure if Rondo shoots good enough to be the MAIN MAN down the road"

Me neither. I just think you have to get young talent back for any trade of Rondo. It's a risky move. Everyone remember's it was Rondo's BLOWN LAYUP that killed the Celtics season. He makes that shot and it's a 2-2 series with Miami on the ropes....would love to have seen the Celtics play the Mavs in the FInals....no way the Celtics would have disgraced themselves by melting down or quitting like Miami did. They would have went down swinging even if Rondo couldn't play with his broken arm. Delonte and Avery Bradley would have gotten very physical with JJ Barea and the ancient J Kidd......

BUT

Does anyone remember how dominating Rondo was for the first 30 games when he had Shaq ?

No way you beg anyone to take Rondo in a trade. You make someone overpay. Robin Lopez has been a huge bust in PHX , Pietrius is a one yr Posey type role player and Nash is a one yr rental as well. Just don't like that trade for Rondo. Rondo stays unless someone overpays. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics interested in Michael Pietrus?:
    [QUOTE]Don't remember the details of the Pierce pic, but it was from this season As far as Celtics1986's point on Rondo: "Just not sure if Rondo shoots good enough to be the MAIN MAN down the road" Me neither. I just think you have to get young talent back for any trade of Rondo. It's a risky move. Everyone remember's it was Rondo's BLOWN LAYUP that killed the Celtics season. He makes that shot and it's a 2-2 series with Miami on the ropes....would love to have seen the Celtics play the Mavs in the FInals....no way the Celtics would have disgraced themselves by melting down or quitting like Miami did. They would have went down swinging even if Rondo couldn't play with his broken arm. Delonte and Avery Bradley would have gotten very physical with JJ Barea and the ancient J Kidd...... BUT Does anyone remember how dominating Rondo was for the first 30 games when he had Shaq ? No way you beg anyone to take Rondo in a trade. You make someone overpay. Robin Lopez has been a huge bust in PHX , Pietrius is a one yr Posey type role player and Nash is a one yr rental as well. Just don't like that trade for Rondo. Rondo stays unless someone overpays.    
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I think that picture is of Pierce scoring # 20,000.  I could be wrong.
    Anyway, WHY has Lopez been a bust in PHO - because they all run and score.  He doesn't - he needs a change of scenery, he is better than any center we have, and he is only 23 (oh, and he's cheap!!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]t might give us mumber 18, I just have questions about if Rondo can lead us to the promised land, we have looked at him for three years now and he got us close but no cigar.  Rondo has a ring and Nash doesn't if you recall. Rondo has gotten to the NBA finals twice, Nash zero times. Nash has gotten not that close and no cigar.  Nash can't play D.  I'm not 100 percent opposed to the trade because I don't think the team can win a title as constituted anyhow. What I object to is the notion that Nash can win us a title where Rondo can't.  With the loss of Rondo we lose a quickness advantage and a lot of perimeter defense.  The trade might still be a good one but Nash's title window has closed.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

OMG are u serious!!  How stupid are you?  If Nash hooks up with the Lakers he wins two Championships minimum.  We sub him for DFish and its over.  Anybody who's knows anything will agree(albeit sensible mind).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics interested in Michael Pietrus? : OMG are u serious!!  How stupid are you?  If Nash hooks up with the Lakers he wins two Championships minimum.  We sub him for DFish and its over.  Anybody who's knows anything will agree(albeit sensible mind).
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

Lakers can't afford him.  And Derek Fisher will not like coming off the bench - mark my words!!

Of course, he could come to them NEXT year, when the team is even older and a mere 19 years away from their next title!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

As a Celtic fan I am in no way excited at the thought of Kobe, Gasol and Nash in Laker uniforms. Hard to believe they would not be very tough to beat, if impossible. Nash can still play at a high level, has a solid year left. Especially if next year is only like 60 games or so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics interested in Michael Pietrus? : Lakers can't afford him.  And Derek Fisher will not like coming off the bench - mark my words!! Of course, he could come to them NEXT year, when the team is even older and a mere 19 years away from their next title!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

This is the last time ever I respond to a stupid post from the likes of you.  If DFish does not like coming of the bench then that is his problem.  Meanwhile I like the Lakers team over a team that does not posess decent center for the up comming season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]As a Celtic fan I am in no way excited at the thought of Kobe, Gasol and Nash in Laker uniforms. Hard to believe they would not be very tough to beat, if impossible. Nash can still play at a high level, has a solid year left. Especially if next year is only like 60 games or so.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Yet another reason WE should get him!!  But, I fear that Weasel Stern will let the lakers trade Walton and some of koME's used jock straps for Paul - he would be even more dangerous.  But, imagine Nash in Green, with DWest as his backup!
    "How sweet it is." - Jackie Gleason

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

A line up of

Nash
    Allen
    Pierce
    Garnett
    ??

Is very interesting with Jeff Green and Delonte off bench. It would be a one year run for sure but a good one if we can get any type of inside presence at the five spot.

I would say this, I am pretty sure that Miami would prefer we stand pat and dont add Nash for a final run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]A line up of Nash Allen Pierce Garnett ?? Is very interesting with Jeff Green and Delonte off bench. It would be a one year run for sure but a good one if we can get any type of inside presence at the five spot. I would say this, I am pretty sure that Miami would prefer we stand pat and dont add Nash for a final run.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Okay, you didn't read the whole thread!
    The lineup would be:
    Nash/West/Bradley
    Allen/Pietrus/ Moore
    Pierce/Green/Brown
    KG/Murphy/JJJ
    Lopez/Gray/Kwame Brown

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from louchin. Show louchin's posts

yeah man,,,I like that idea too except for Nash, bc he's gonna be 37, and i want to make sure we have a pg for at least the next 2-3 yrs...this could be his final yr, though it would free up more cap space for the summer of 2012, but how many top line players will we want to sign..I know what your thinking,,,you wanna try to sign both CP3 & D Howard...I say, let's just go after Howard, and keep the core of the team together...our core 3 players may be getting older but their in the best shape of their lives,,they may not be able to play 35 mins a game anymore, im sure Doc will continue to regulate their mins down to around 20-25 min a game...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]yeah man,,,I like that idea too except for Nash, bc he's gonna be 37, and i want to make sure we have a pg for at least the next 2-3 yrs...this could be his final yr, though it would free up more cap space for the summer of 2012, but how many top line players will we want to sign..I know what your thinking,,,you wanna try to sign both CP3 & D Howard...I say, let's just go after Howard, and keep the core of the team together...our core 3 players may be getting older but their in the best shape of their lives,,they may not be able to play 35 mins a game anymore, im sure Doc will continue to regulate their mins down to around 20-25 min a game...
    Posted by louchin[/QUOTE]

I like Rondo, but I think if we put all our eggs in the basket for one more run, we can do that, AND have cap space (and 2 first round picks!!) if we have Nash and Pietrus.  I would be willing to amend my trade to only include Lopez and Pietrus, but that would mean paying Baby a little more than PHO may want to!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

As for the people saying Nash has no titles and Rondo almost has two.

Does anyone think if Nash was on that 2008 team we have ANY of those tough 7 games series? We would have rolled, no one  could or would be backing off Nash. We won the biggest game that year in the finals game four in LA because Rondo rolled his ankle and House was in there nailing shots down the stretch. Nash may have got us one in 2010 as well. One thing for sure, does ANYONE think Rondo would have any titles if he had been playing on Phoenix since 2008 instead of Nash? No way.
     Rondo is a great hustle guy, sees the floor, but he just cannot finish or shoot with any range.

Sections
Shortcuts