Celtics Interested in Posey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Celtics Interested in Posey

Yes. I think this should at least revitalize the teams energy/atmosphere. Is like brining a "we can do it again" attitude to the big 3.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Celtics Interested in Posey

I would rescind the agreement with Sasha.  If I need a 3rd wing player and my choices are between Pavlovic and James Posey, I'm taking Posey.

Since we're talking about signing Pavlovic, we need to make that offer to Posey.  He's better and could provide at least a bit more than Pavlovic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

We win rings with Posey. 

Seriously I really liked Posey in 08 but does he  have anything left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BoylestonBB, does Pavlovic have anything left?  The lesser of two evils might be to have obtained Posey.  It's kind of moot now since I believe Sasha is signed.  If Sasha is not guaranteed, I would "entertain" making that offer to Posey who I believe is better than Sasha.

Whatever Sasha can give, I'm pretty confident we can get it from Posey. But then again, it may all be moot now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I honestly believe that the absence of Posey in '09 and '10 cost the Celtics at least one championship. The Celtics simply didn't have anyone who could step in for Pierce and Allen the way Posey did in '08. The lack of a bench cost this team the last couple years, and now the staters are too old to realistically compete for a ring. Ainge's refusal to extend Posey is his worst move to date.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Interested in Posey:
    [QUOTE] If Sasha is not guaranteed, I would "entertain" making that offer to Posey who I believe is better than Sasha. Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

This is the key point.  Also as Posey is an amnesty cut, don't we have to wait to see if he is claimed by an under the cap team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Why not bring back PJ Brown too? Quit living in the past 07 was Poseys last hurrah. 

Right now Dalembert is our best option,if Mia hasn't got him yet they may have chosen Battier and have no plans for D man. 

If we can get Billups or Hamilton, I would feel a lot better about our new roster.Losing out on West has big for us. West was a put us over the top quality guy that was a perfect fit. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Interested in Posey:
    [QUOTE]I honestly believe that the absence of Posey in '09 and '10 cost the Celtics at least one championship. The Celtics simply didn't have anyone who could step in for Pierce and Allen the way Posey did in '08. The lack of a bench cost this team the last couple years, and now the staters are too old to realistically compete for a ring. Ainge's refusal to extend Posey is his worst move to date.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you about this.  We would have had a better chance of winning in 2010 if we still had Posey.  Also not resigning Tony Allen was a bad move by Danny.  He even admitted this last year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Posey is not near the same player, why do you think he is moving around so, Delonte West would help us more, but truth is we need a big man that can defend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

i guesss i am a minority here.  I enjoyed Posey when he was here.  He went for the money.  He has gotten worse each year.  I would just as soon take my chances with Sasha.  I think with more time he would have helped us more last year. He is six years younger as well.  I think we have enough age now, so if its a toss up, go with the younger player.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Posey is not near the same player, why do you think he is moving around so, Delonte West would help us more, but truth is we need a big man that can defend.

Agreed. I don't think the Posey of 2012 will be as effective as the Posey of 2008. Pavlovic is a better choice in 2012. My opinion is that Posey in 2009 and 2010 would have been better than his bevy of forgettable replacements.

The 2008 Celtics (and supposedly the '09-'11 editions) were in win-now mode. Posey was a major compenent of the championship team. He was the perfect sixth man, who could do a little bit of everything and almost always seemed to come through in tight situations.

I understand the Hornets overpaid him slightly and offered an extra year. The Celtics should have matched it. When you're trying to win immediately, it doesn't matter if you have a player for one year too long. I would gladly "waste" the third and fourth years of Posey's contract if it meant winning another championship in '09 or '10. The Celtics needed Posey on those teams. Had they kept him, we already would have won No. 18 by now. He was the difference.

Sections
Shortcuts