Celtics Invite another PG to Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Celtics Invite another PG to Camp

Tim Frazier, a 6'1" Penn State PG, has been given a contract and will join the Celtics training camp

Since the Celtics clearly do not need any more PGs on the floor, I think it means that Danny intends to move either Rondo or Pressey or both, sooner than later.

Frazier can do it all EXCEPT SHOOT which seems to be Danny's perverted preference for his PGs.  

Smart is our PG of the future and Frazier has all the skills of Pressey (not saying much) at a much lower cost.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Celtics Invite another PG to Camp

Not exactly accurate.  I do agree with you, however.  Pressey's contract is now guaranteed.  So, even if they cut him, they still have to pay him.  Which means young Mr. Frazier must be superior to Pressey.  If he has "the same skills", he's gone.  No way will  they give this kid a contract when they are already paying Pressey. 

Smart IS our PG of the future, and  Rondo needs to go!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Maybe he's just here for scrimmages and to play the end of preseason games.

Where's Sweet this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I used to be able to shoot, not so much any more, but I can dribble (slowly) and throw the ball (pass) (also slowly), so can I be a point guard  for the Celtics ?  I promise I will sign for next to nothing, well, really for nothing.  Meal money , hotels and transportation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not exactly accurate.  I do agree with you, however.  Pressey's contract is now guaranteed.  So, even if they cut him, they still have to pay him.  Which means young Mr. Frazier must be superior to Pressey.  If he has "the same skills", he's gone.  No way will  they give this kid a contract when they are already paying Pressey. 

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

??  By "move" I meant Pressey (and/or Rondo) will be traded not cut.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I used to be able to shoot, not so much any more, but I can dribble (slowly) and throw the ball (pass) (also slowly), so can I be a point guard  for the Celtics ?  I promise I will sign for next to nothing, well, really for nothing.  Meal money , hotels and transportation.

[/QUOTE]

IF you "used to be able to shoot", you probably would not make the team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

??  By "move" I meant Pressey (and/or Rondo) will be traded not cut.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I understand that, but to your point, if Pressey is not good, how can he be traded?  To whom, and for whom?  His contract is guaranteed now, so even if Rondo is "moved", Pressey will stay.  Certainly you can't be suggesting DA keep both Frazier and Pressey?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

maybe we can get TR dunn and dudley bradley out of retirement to round out the all backboard shattering front court?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This has the feel of walking to the curb, picking up your unemptied garbage cans and bringing them back into the house. Why another PG that adds next to nothing, thought the idea was to get rid of the trash? Not even for practice... who's he taking time from?

Of course, unless Danny is dumping someone soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I think the CELTICS is trying to put an "exotic" line up this season. Put 5 guards in the floor at the same time. 

Perhaps the 6th man should be a guard too. Da h3ll with center & forward. Not needed anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

guys it's just for camp.  they didn't give him a three year three million dollar contract, I'm sure

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

http://www.hoop365.com/nba/celtics-sign-rodney-mcgruder-christian-watford/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoop365.com/nba/celtics-sign-rodney-mcgruder-christian-watford/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The Boston Celtics today signed Rodney McGruder and Christian Watford to one year contracts. The levels of guarantee are not yet known, but are expected to be either nominal or nil.

Watford, a jumpshooting combo forward, attended summer league this year with both the Detroit Pistons and Golden State Warriors, averaging 8.5 points in two games for Detroit. He has spent the one year of his professional career thus far in Israel. McGruder meanwhile did not appear in summer league for anybody, yet last year spent some time with the Oklahoma City Thunder. The 6’4 off-guard is also only one year into a professional career, spending the bulk of his first campaign in Hungary with Atomeromu, averaging 14.4 points and 5.3 rebounds in 27 minutes a contest.

After signing Tim Frazier earlier in the day, the Celtics roster now stands at 20, the maximumm permissible amount in the offseason. Evan Turner, reported to have agreed a deal with the team some weeks ago, has yet to sign it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So, 21 means 6 have to go:

Frazier, McGruder, Watford, Bogans, Babb, Johnson...................done!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

don't we keep these guys just through the preaseason and then drop them?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

don't we keep these guys just through the preaseason and then drop them?

https://s.yimg.com/os/en-US/video/video.snl.com/SNL_1485_09_MacGruber_2.png" rel="nofollow">https://s.yimg.com/os/en-US/video/video.snl.com/SNL_1485_09_MacGruber_2.png

They can only carry 20 at training camp and Turner is the 20th and 15th with a guaranteed contract. Most likely Danny will cut Bogans for training camp unless a 2for1 or more is in the works allowing him to get a look at these new players and potentially have them sign with the Red Claws.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/08/boston_celtics_rumors_2014_rod_2.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/08/boston_celtics_rumors_2014_rod_2.html

Whatfor, I mean Watford was a tad behind Stauskas in 3pt shooting and that's about all he does ... another stretch4.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Hedley, let me spell it out for you.  IMO, The Cs will start the season with both Rondo and Pressey.  At some point, both Rondo and Pressey will be traded.  Regardless of what I think of Pressey, or if he is any good or not, he can be part of a trade (to shed contract or as value).  I strongly believe that he does not fit with the Celtics and is not part of the rebuild.  I also did not say that Frazier would be part of the team, but he may be a short term plug if Pressey (and/or Rondo are traded in December or Feb.  However, Frazier will likely end up with the Lobsters.  

I really don't care about who is on the roster until after February.

At the beginning of next season, Smart will be the starting PG and we do not currently have his backup on the team yet, but likely a PG that has a decent outside shot and is a much better player than Pressey or Frazier.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The future is now...the handwriting is on the wall...when you don't know where you're going any road will take you there...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you probably asked me to trust that Rondo was a team player and a top ten PG....one good PG in the hand is worth 500 Rondo's who can't shoot in the bush....and on and on it goes...

Hed...when you're right, you're right!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the CELTICS is trying to put an "exotic" line up this season. Put 5 guards in the floor at the same time. 

Perhaps the 6th man should be a guard too. Da h3ll with center & forward. Not needed anymore.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that only I want them to be between 5-10 and 6 feet tall...not a centimeter more!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

To trade Pressey you would have to find a team who wants him.  Is his dad an assistant anywhere ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Hedley, let me spell it out for you.  IMO, The Cs will start the season with both Rondo and Pressey.  At some point, both Rondo and Pressey will be traded.  Regardless of what I think of Pressey, or if he is any good or not, he can be part of a trade (to shed contract or as value).  I strongly believe that he does not fit with the Celtics and is not part of the rebuild.  I also did not say that Frazier would be part of the team, but he may be a short term plug if Pressey (and/or Rondo are traded in December or Feb.  However, Frazier will likely end up with the Lobsters.  

I really don't care about who is on the roster until after February.

At the beginning of next season, Smart will be the starting PG and we do not currently have his backup on the team yet, but likely a PG that has a decent outside shot and is a much better player than Pressey or Frazier.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I completely, totally, absolutely agree with everything you've said..................except that they will trade Pressey.  He has no value, and even though he makes peanuts, that is WHY they will keep him around for the year.  Sorry, but your post implied that keeping Frazier over Pressey would save us money.  That's what you said, regardless of your posts now.  Why would you start the thread saying Frazier just signed a contract, and follow it up with....I think this means he'll move Rondo or Pressey or both?

You implied you wanted Frazier over Pressey.  I'm glad to see we agree that Rondo and Pressey will start the year on the team.  Frazier is camp fodder, and Pressey will be gone after this year.  And YES, we have not found Smart's replacement yet, but it is certainly not Frazier.

I respect all your posts, just disagree on this one point...........it's all good!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.hoop365.com/nba/celtics-sign-rodney-mcgruder-christian-watford/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoop365.com/nba/celtics-sign-rodney-mcgruder-christian-watford/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoop365.com/nba/celtics-sign-rodney-mcgruder-christian-watford/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The Boston Celtics today signed Rodney McGruder and Christian Watford to one year contracts. The levels of guarantee are not yet known, but are expected to be either nominal or nil.

Watford, a jumpshooting combo forward, attended summer league this year with both the Detroit Pistons and Golden State Warriors, averaging 8.5 points in two games for Detroit. He has spent the one year of his professional career thus far in Israel. McGruder meanwhile did not appear in summer league for anybody, yet last year spent some time with the Oklahoma City Thunder. The 6’4 off-guard is also only one year into a professional career, spending the bulk of his first campaign in Hungary with Atomeromu, averaging 14.4 points and 5.3 rebounds in 27 minutes a contest.

After signing Tim Frazier earlier in the day, the Celtics roster now stands at 20, the maximumm permissible amount in the offseason. Evan Turner, reported to have agreed a deal with the team some weeks ago, has yet to sign it.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Ainge has his 20 players, the maximum allowable amount of assets a team can have........which means up to 10 of these guys are going to be gone by opening night......let the fireworks begin !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

Tim Frazier, a 6'1" Penn State PG, has been given a contract and will join the Celtics training camp

Since the Celtics clearly do not need any more PGs on the floor, I think it means that Danny intends to move either Rondo or Pressey or both, sooner than later.

Frazier can do it all EXCEPT SHOOT which seems to be Danny's perverted preference for his PGs.  

Smart is our PG of the future and Frazier has all the skills of Pressey (not saying much) at a much lower cost.  

[/QUOTE]

You ARE aware that Marcus Smart cant shoot either, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you read?  I made it clear that we don't have a PG that can shoot.  Hence Danny will add a PG at some point that can shoot to back up Smart IMO.  It isn't Rondo, Pressey or Frazier.     

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you read?  I made it clear that we don't have a PG that can shoot.  Hence Danny will add a PG at some point that can shoot to back up Smart IMO.  It isn't Rondo, Pressey or Frazier.     

[/QUOTE]

Jamez was taking issue with the notion that Smart is our PG of the future... since he "can't shoot either."  

Said another way, Rondo may be a bad shooter but Smart is no better.... implies Jamez.

Pud