Celtics-Knicks

Why are the C's playing like crapola?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsulats. Show jsulats's posts

Re: Celtics-Knicks

Like the Cleveland game, letting a poor team stick around

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

10 first half turnovers.. I actually counted more. FOr a vet team, theyve been terrible with the ball for 2 years.

and PLEASE.. dont give the ball to Ray on the break or allow him to create off the dribble = automatic turnover!!  Whens Doc gonna wake up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

I feel like Rondo's making bad decisions. Also, think it might have something to do with the West/Wafer drama?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Rondo is getting way too cocky and is over passing. He had an easy layup and passed it out to Pierce for a 3. I have noticed that Rondo is letting all this praise get to his head. The C's are playing too sloppy and act like they can beat these lower tier teams with little effort. Doc should really lay into Rondo about his showboating play. Just my observation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics-Knicks:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is getting way too cocky and is over passing. He had an easy layup and passed it out to Pierce for a 3. I have noticed that Rondo is letting all this praise get to his head. The C's are playing too sloppy and act like they can be these lower tier teams with little effort. Doc should really lay into Rondo about his showboating play. Just my observation.
    Posted by paesan59[/QUOTE]
    I'm the biggest Rondo fanboy but I think you're right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Looks like Doc had a few words to say to the team at halftime. Lol.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics looked awful tonight.  If this keeps up we are going to have some rough nights ahead. They overpass to a fault but beyond that teams that work the three point line like the Knicks are able to get good shots again and again. The Knicks are either better than I thought or the Celtics are not as good.

Ray was absolutely invisible tonight.  His lack of consistency will be something to watch from game to game. Delonte West  better stay sane we will need him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Rondo needs to stop the fantasy game or we're going to be doomed for sure when the playoffs start! He's just being awful and inconsistent as a PG.

On the other hand: WOW, just WOW! Have you people seen how Glen Davis is playing? He looks like a different person now, it's unbelievable how much he has improved his game. We really should keep that guy in the Celtics, he will be an awesome player if he keeps improving like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo does look like he has a chip on his shoulder.  I think that chip is clouding his decision-making.  He made some horrible decisions in the first half.  He missed several layups and still had a triple double.  In the post-game interview, when asked about his assists, he joked about throwing the ball to THEM more than he would have liked.  Rondo should have easily had 30 assists had he not been hot-dogging it.

Are we being too hard on him or should we simply say he had a triple double so his game was close to perfect?  It's amazing what the numbers say compared to watching his performance tonight.  Strange.

Bottom line, we won.  Now, here we go with the O'Neals.  What's the deal with them?  JON sat out the game and Shaq left the game not to return.  Can't wait to see what the deal is with these guys.

Also, way too many minutes for Rondo, Pierce and Allen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo was 4 for 12 from the field and 2 for 6 from the line. That certainly takes some serious shine off of the triple double.

He passed up a ton of open easy shots against a woeful team.

At one point, he seemed to completely lose confidence in his shot, turning down everything.

And then,  he engages... and hits midrange shots in the 3 and 4th quarters but misses bunnies. 

Amazingly inconsistent.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    I have to agree with you about Rondo's inconsistent shot tonight.  Nate also seems to be off with his shooting as well. The team looked out of sync all night and as far as I could see was incredibly lucky to win.  The West-Wafer dust up may have had an effect on them, and if it is not the reason this team
    played so poorly it is going to have a rough time the next few games as the schedule is murder.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

It's early guys..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo does look like he has a chip on his shoulder.  I think that chip is clouding his decision-making.  He made some horrible decisions in the first half.  He missed several layups and still had a triple double.  In the post-game interview, when asked about his assists, he joked about throwing the ball to THEM more than he would have liked.  Rondo should have easily had 30 assists had he not been hot-dogging it. Are we being too hard on him or should we simply say he had a triple double so his game was close to perfect?  It's amazing what the numbers say compared to watching his performance tonight.  Strange. Bottom line, we won.  Now, here we go with the O'Neals.  What's the deal with them?  JON sat out the game and Shaq left the game not to return.  Can't wait to see what the deal is with these guys. Also, way too many minutes for Rondo, Pierce and Allen.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Man, he wasnt hot-dogging

I think you are anti-Rondo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

shines01, I am a huge Rondo fan but I'm not the only one (nor the first to mention) on this thread who believes Rondo is playing too cocky.  He's hot-dogging it and trying to make unnecessary moves that get him in trouble.  Instead of hot-dogging it and being too cocky, simply lay the ball in the hoops.  The guy is standing under the basket all alone and he throws it out to Pierce by the 3-point line for a more difficult shot.

So I guess you believe he's playing at an MVP level, huh?  I'm stating facts and if you read some of the other posts, you'll see that it's just not me who feels this way.

However, if you accuse me of being "anti-Rondo", you are free to voice your opinion.  It's just more obvious that JON has played two bad games or I guess you'd be calling me anti-JON too, huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

hmm, leeme think about this.

No, I don't really think you're anti anybody. Jermaine is not a Celtic yet.  He hasn't subordinated his own game for the team yet, but he will.

Those are valid points you made about the kicks.....even in the second half.

No I never said he was at MVP level.  But I have said many times he will be.  The first six posessions were atrocious.  He will overcome all of that and his instncts for the game will eventually overtake his guessing or caring about how many assists he gets.  For god sake he had a triple double with 24 assists.  It's gonna be a beautiful thing to watch.  He doesn't have far to go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

More than once the C's had the ball under the basket and they passed it out to someone beyond the 3 point line who shot the ball. That totally goes against basic basketball fundamentals.
         The C's did make a lot of unnecessary passes, which led to several turnovers.
          The C's are playing ok, but they need to cut down on the turnovers. On the positive, K.G is really jumping well again. It's good to see. Pierce is playing well as well as B.B and Rondo. Shaq has been solid which is all we can expect from him for his age.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The important thing is the Celtics won. There are no free rides in the NBA, even a team like the Nets will beat you if you don't bring your A game.

I think the expectations are too high, the Celtics are still trying to get the new guys acclimated to the system. One thing is for sure, the Celtics are far from being in mid-season form. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondo played a good game but bring is horrible shooting from the field and the line along with the SEVEN turnovers his game wasn't as good as it sounds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'd rather have 7 turnovers and a win than 0 turnovers and a loss. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics-Knicks : Well they better hurry as the Heat have gotten it together fast after their loss here soundly defeating the Magic by 26 tonight. That was a fast recovery!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Rashard Lewis going 0-9 from the field and only 2 pts is not going to get it done. I don't know what happened to VC but he only scored 4 pts. Of course the Magic are going to lose if they play that way.

Before the season started I said the Heat are going to be the best team in the regular season. I don't think the Celtics really need to get the #1 seed in the east. What's more important is the key players of the Celtics are healthy come playoff time. If the Celtics end up the #2 seed that's good enough.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

It will jell together give it a chance please...remember all the
    critics last season never would have thought the C's would have made
    it to the finals and played 7 games....so let up and let them
    work it out. Go C's and congrats on the game last night.

Sections
Shortcuts