Celtics land 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Celtics land 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft

Do you pick Parker, Wiggins or Embiid?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Celtics land 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft

Would have taken Parker, but people who have seen Embiid say he is the real deal, and we could use a real center

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would have taken Parker, but people who have seen Embiid say he is the real deal, and we could use a real center

[/QUOTE]

Love Parker and Smart as I feel that they both are NBA ready . However , after watching the Kansas- OK. St. game yesterday, a raw talent like Embiid at 7 foot  would be my pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d42QldAZUek

This is just amazing.

I am so on board with drafting Embiid and Seldon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you pick Parker, Wiggins or Embiid?

[/QUOTE]

Is Pud praying that hard?  I am all for the Celts getting the #1 overall pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

1st of all. DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Have we ever had it? We got 3 and 6 when all that could get us is Billups and Mercer. THAT STINKS!!!!!

We could of drafted Millicic or Oden ( which would stink more, I'm convinced Danny wanted Durant though, "You're Kevins mom?  Wow! What a coincidence!")

Take the better player regardless of need. If Detroit did that they'd have Carmelo Anthony and maybe another championship.

Now to figure out who is the most driven most talented player in the draft. Randle, Parker, Embiid or someone like Exum getting little spotlight?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I heard on ESPN that Parker is a Mormon and may take a two year sabbatical to go on a mission before entering the NBA.....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there isn't a GM in league who would pass no Embiid is given the #1 pick

[/QUOTE]

I thought Stern was going to fix the draft so Toronto was going to get Wiggins?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

The #1 pick in the draft would be a good thing.   Although, none of the last 16 players drafted first overall has brought their original team a championship.  Tim Duncan is the only first overall pick to help the drafting team  win a championship during their original years of team control in the last 30 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Embiid, please.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

there isn't a GM in league who would pass no Embiid is given the #1 pick

I thought Stern was going to fix the draft so Toronto was going to get Wiggins?

[/QUOTE]

imagine if you were getting paid $1 for each time you type that!

[/QUOTE]

Well it was one of the most idiotic threads ever, so it kind of stuck in my head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

The #1 pick in the draft would be a good thing.   Although, none of the last 16 players drafted first overall has brought their original team a championship.  Tim Duncan is the only first overall pick to help the drafting team  win a championship during their original years of team control in the last 30 years.

that's actually rather fascinating. you'd have to go further to see how the teams did overall though, whether or not the original #1 was still with the team. in other words, did they get the #1 and then trade him for a Herschel Walker type of package that brought them the championship? at first glance i can't recall that happening either but it would be the next question. then of course is the analysis of the draft positions of all of the championship teams specifically. lots of angles there. unfortunately, quite possibly no consistent results though.

Sections
Shortcuts