Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

Everybody here is complaining about the refs calls, stop crying and accept that Lakers won. The bad calls go for both teams. There was a lot of calls that went in favor of the Celtics, don't say all the calls were in favor for the Lakers, NOT TRUE. Watch every game and tell me that the refs weren't blowing calls against the Lakers as well. Truthfully Celtics had their chance and blew it, that's it!!! Kobe was playing horribly but he came up with 15 rebounds which helped a lot but overall his offense wasn't there, actually the lakers offense as a whole wasn't there and Celtics were doing pretty good. THen lakers tightened up on "D" and stayed consistant with it until their offense came around and they took over with some big shots. Celtics let it slip away, not the refs, and also with the D the Lakers were playing, they made it difficult for the Celtice to score.. THat's the truth, no favoritism. Watch that game again if you think different!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

I've always said the C's got worn down, started committing fouls, and making poor shot selections. I didn't see excellent LA defense as much as poor C execution. They should have driven it to the hoop too!

...STILL Rondo came within 2" of getting the C's the ball with 16 seconds left and a great chance for a tie by victimizing an equally worn down Bryant

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    I've always said the C's got worn down, started committing fouls, and making poor shot selections. I didn't see excellent LA defense as much as poor C execution. They should have driven it to the hoop too!  ...STILL Rondo came within 2" of giving the C's the ball with 16 seconds left and a great chance for a tie by victimizing an equally worn down Bryant
    Posted by croc

Well either way you look at it Boston slipped up and gave the chance to the Lakers. This post are to those people that blame the refs for the Celtics lost. I'm truly a die hard Laker fan and I'm telling you, I really thought Boston was going to win and for the Lakers to come out on top was crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

We've already got a megathread on that.  I think it's BS.  The C's lost, and the Lakers held on by the tips of their fingernails.  Darned good series, and I expect both teams will be giving max effort-  in the PO anyways - to repreat the series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Don't know what Lakers and Boston game you were watching.  I personally saw the refs let both teams play up until about 5 minutes left in the game.  Then, all calls were directed to the Lakers.  I live in LA and work across from the Staples Center and almost all of the Laker fans at my work agree with my above comment. 

I agree about the poor execution and I do agree it is over and time to move on, but 37-17, come on!!!

No matter what you say, I will have my own opinions and that opinion is that the NBA is fixed!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

The celts got beat period. Pity Bynum wasn't 100%, this series would have been over in 5 max.

Such is life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

We've already got a megathread on that.  I think it's BS.  The C's lost, and the Lakers held on by the tips of their fingernails.  Darned good series, and I expect both teams will be giving max effort-  in the PO anyways - to repreat the series.
    Posted by croc

One of the best or the best series I've ever seen, especially in the finals!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : One of the best or the best series I've ever seen, especially in the finals!!!
    Posted by ray2424

Agreed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

37-17, hideous

great game for 3 and a half quarters and then the refs dictated who won a tight match by giving LA all the calls at the end

plain and simple

and shameful

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

37-17, hideous great game for 3 and a half quarters and then the refs dictated who won a tight match by giving LA all the calls at the end plain and simple and shameful
    Posted by rameakap

Prove it. 

The refs, the refs, the refs, waaaaaaaaa! That is a losers mentality, congratulations. Cry as you may, but it will do you no good. There is not going to be a guy riding in on a white horse with an asterisk in hand.  

The Celtics lost, because they wilted in the face of tight LA defense, and when the Lakers went to the rim on offense, the Celtics hacked. There is no conspiracy, nor is there a credible case to be made that the Celtics were robbed. Maybe this year, the Celtics will hold their mud a little better in the regular season, win more than 51 games, and not have to get beat on the road again. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

37-17, hideous great game for 3 and a half quarters and then the refs dictated who won a tight match by giving LA all the calls at the end plain and simple and shameful
    Posted by rameakap

Don't blame the refs, blame the players that got worn out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

The celtics, old as they are, couldn't handle the pace and got beat.

Live with it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Gasol's 18 rebounds versus KG's 3 rebounds was the difference. 

There's no way any NBA team will lose if they're allowed to get 23 offensive rebounds in a single game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Gasol's 18 rebounds versus KG's 3 rebounds was the difference.  There's no way any NBA team will lose if they're allowed to get 23 offensive rebounds in a single game. 
    Posted by P34

First it's the refs, then it's rebounds. So many reasons lmao!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    Everybody here is complaining about the refs calls, stop crying and accept that Lakers won. The bad calls go for both teams. There was a lot of calls that went in favor of the Celtics, don't say all the calls were in favor for the Lakers, NOT TRUE. Watch every game and tell me that the refs weren't blowing calls against the Lakers as well. Truthfully Celtics had their chance and blew it, that's it!!! Kobe was playing horribly but he came up with 15 rebounds which helped a lot but overall his offense wasn't there, actually the lakers offense as a whole wasn't there and Celtics were doing pretty good. THen lakers tightened up on "D" and stayed consistant with it until their offense came around and they took over with some big shots. Celtics let it slip away, not the refs, and also with the D the Lakers were playing, they made it difficult for the Celtice to score.. THat's the truth, no favoritism. Watch that game again if you think different!!!
    Posted by ray2424

-

You posted this exact same post on the Tainted Championship thread.  We have a thread for discussing this topic.  Why are you trying to waste space on this forum by starting another thread?

Don't you LA Trolls have a forum of your own?

Pathetic, just pathetic.  Don't feed this troll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Like I say  - can any of them say anything different?  You've heard one troll, you've heard them all!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In spite of the refs, if the Celts could have nullified the Lakers offensive rebounds a little better, the Celts would have won that game.

Maybe Shaq and a healthy Perkins can help alleviate that problem next time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted by ray2424

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Celtics were tired, standing at the foul line while the Lakers had 20 more foul shots(37-17) for the total game but much more egregious, 21 to 6 or 15 more in the pivotal 4 th qtr, certainly would have allowed them to catch their breath. Hmmm??? What were the Laker rebounders doing at the foul line, push ups ??? Were they also not tired and the foul breaks gave them a rest too. 

Kindly go to the Forum entitled "Tainted Title" and you can read to your hearts content some very good analysis of why the title was taken away from us. Some call it a fix, a conspiracy etc. but I'll be kind and simply say it was due to the incompetence of the refs and whether they purposely intended for their calls to favor LA, they most certainly did ! I accept that the Lakers are in the record books as Champs and also that the title can't be taken away from them, but I do not admit that the Lakers were the better team & deserved to win & did so mainly due to the gifts from the REFS !!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Posted by ray2424

Good try Troll moron who just created your account yesterday and already has 21 posts (which means signing in and then signing out after every post).
    Fact- 21 fouls called against the Celts in the 4th quarter ALONE.
    Fact- MANY of those fouls were phantoms fouls. Watch the 4th again!
    Fact- 30 teams, 82 games each, equals 2460 4th quarters!
    Fact- The 21 fouls "committed" (yeah, right) by the Celts was the MOST FOULS CALLED IN THE 4TH QUARTER ALL YEAR!!
    Fact- Coincidentally, the most fouls called in a 4th quarter ALL year just happened to be in the 7th game of the NBA finals between the LA Lakers (11 titles) and the Celts (18 titles) seperated by 4 points.
    Good try moron....No, I take that back...this was a horrible try unless you're a rookie Troll.
    God nor I believe in coincidences. Spend your Finals bonus well Refs!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

FYI- KB2 and Ray are one and the same (gotta pretend to have that support to be a decent Troll)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I'd say he doesn't know basketball AND is a stupid lakers fan.....................as MOST of them are..........Worthy and jofc are exceptions, of course!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

redsGhost, your posts are hidden from view and have been for some time. check w/ the mods. apologize for whatever you did and they'll get you back up and running. or keep wasting your efforts on posts no one sees.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'd say he doesn't know basketball AND is a stupid lakers fan.....................as MOST of them are..........Worthy and jofc are exceptions, of course!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Calling Laker fanatics  "stupid Lakers fans" is redundant !

Then again calling them "smart Laker fans" would be  an oxymoron !!!

Ooops!!!  Hope I don't get called for name calling but most of them will probably not know the meaning of the latter word.

Don't get your feathers ruffled you tinsel town loyals as I'm intending to be tongue & cheek humorous- wow, I can be redundant too !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Calling Laker fanatics  "stupid Lakers fans" is redundant ! Then again calling them "smart Laker fans" would be   an  oxymoron !!! Ooops!!!  Hope I don't get called for name calling but most of them will probably not know the meaning of the latter word. Don't get your feathers ruffled you tinsel town loyals as I'm intending to be tongue & cheek humorous- wow, I can be redundant too !!!
    Posted by mandobello

Check this out if you want the definition of smart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHRR7l9Rw-w

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

your Kobe video....another Michael wannabe......it actually shows how it's "all about me"..... he will never be Michael as long as he only has 2 Finals MVP's to Shaq's 3......and truth be known, he should only have one.....Pau was the MVP this year.....but whatever......take Kobe and Michael and put their titles together.....can you say Bill Russell?

Sections
Shortcuts