Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    [QUOTE]BUT WITHOUT OUR STARTING CENTER AND BEST REBOUNDER, I REITERATE WITH THE HEART OF A CHAMPION WE WERE DOMINATING GAME 7 WITH A 13 POINT LEAD UNTIL THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE REFEREES CHANGED THE MOMENTUM AND I REITERATE NOT WITH ONE BAD CALL BUT WITH A DIFFERENCE OF 21 TO 6 IN THE 4TH QTR OR +15, THERE HAD TO BE SOME, AT LEAST, OF THE 15 THAT WERE BAD CALLS & THOSE DETERMINED THE VICTOR OF THE GAME." AMEN !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

So the incompetence of the refs started early in the 3rd quarter? That's the 13-point lead. Yet you whined about the 37-17 FT advantage? that's the 4th quarter.

So when did they refs started their incompetence? from early 3rd quarter or the 4th quarter?

Yet your cohorts claimed that the refs called the game normally for 3 quarters or 3.5 quarters...

See, we are not trying to convince you about the Lakers' legitimacy, but picking apart your supporting arguments on your whining is sure fun...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : For at least 1/3 of the 21 in the pivotal 4th Qtr.  THEY  DIDN'T !!!   I see your "Duh", and raise it.......  DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............ETC.  
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Stuff happens when you have HCA.

Learn from it, get over it... and get even by making the Lakers pay this year.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Stuff happens when you have HCA. Learn from it, get over it... and get even by making the Lakers pay this year. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, and want no worse than a 2 seed this year.  I think Sheed had a negative effect on team morale, and I think we had too many early season injuries ( Davis, Daniels)  This current team is deep, and they get NO mulligans from me.  Losing to the Knicks, Nets and Clips will be unacceptable.  That's another 3 wins - gives us 53..........7 more to 60 and I'm ecstatic!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Some of us might want to discuss this topic without posting over at "Tainted Championship" thread, a thread which has devolved into curses being placed on Celtic and Laker fans alike (anyone who disagrees with the notions of corruption and fixes) in addition to curses on BDC mods who have attempted to clean up the mess over there. Pud

-

The Tainted Championship thread is a thread with a sense of humor.  It's fun while also tackling the problems with the NBA.

It's obvious why you don't like the thread and why you try to sabotage it.  Just because posts have been deleted does not mean that they ceased to exist.  I have all the deleted posts, including yours, saved in the Word format, if you ever want a reminder of what you wrote and what was written in response, I can provide that.

But I'm done with this thread, for and by trolls.  I'm with G. 

Note:  I have copied and pasted this post, in its entirety, to a Word doc to use as proof in case the moderators arbitrarily delete it for no apparent reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : I agree with this, and want no worse than a 2 seed this year.  I think Sheed had a negative effect on team morale, and I think we had too many early season injuries ( Davis, Daniels)  This current team is deep, and they get NO mulligans from me.  Losing to the Knicks, Nets and Clips will be unacceptable.  That's another 3 wins - gives us 53..........7 more to 60 and I'm ecstatic!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

I think most celt trolls posting here believed that sheed was going to be the one factor that was going to tip the balance in bostons favor.

How'd that work out for ya? Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt Rondowski thinks that cursing and  insulting posters and laying curses on mods who are just trying to do their jobs... is humorous... all the while he is tackling NBA problems! Maybe that explains why so many of his posts have been deleted. Thank you mods for doing your job. Pud

-

Making false Abuse Reports to the Mods . . . that explains why some of my posts are being deleted, it's not the mods doing their jobs, it's the mods not doing a good job.  It's basically stalking, and everyone on this forum knows why you do it.

I didn''t curse at anybody, and nobody in their right mind believes in curses.  Not even the mods.

And if you deny that the NBA has problems worth addressing then I guess you are in denial and you deny the problems.  I'm ok with that.  You can deny and deny but you can't claim that the NBA is on the up and up: it has serious problems that most fans recognize.

Note:  I have copied and pasted this post, in its entirety, to a Word doc to use as proof in case the moderators arbitrarily delete it for no apparent reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Sheed was a bust....Mr Technical was being hailed as the next Coming (lmao) by the celts. Still, he was a very minor improvement on hands of stone.

Then again, so am I!

Such is life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt Rondowski thinks that cursing and  insulting posters and laying curses on mods who are just trying to do their jobs... is humorous... all the while he is tackling NBA problems! Maybe that explains why so many of his posts have been deleted. Thank you mods for doing your job. Pud

I'm surprised you want to post in any thread which discusses the 4th quarter of game 7. Weren't you the one against talking about it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]Why this dead horse is still being beaten is beyond me, but for my part, I would say that what athletes in any sport want from officials is consistency. Call the strike zone any way you like, but always call it the same way. If it's holding in the first half, it should be holding during the amazing two-minute comeback. If it ain't a foul for 43 minutes, it shouldn't be a foul in the last five. What we saw in game seven was egregious, and while it's true that ultimately, the Celtics didn't have the horses (especially on the boards), the very clear home team bias at the end of a very hard-fought series essentially erased what had been an incredibly competitive Finals to that point. How anyone can watch tape of that game and not see this speaks either to blind homerism or abject stupidity . . . or more likely, both.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Touche!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

it's over folks!!
    don't lose sleep on that zhyte....it's done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : - Making false Abuse Reports to the Mods . . . that explains why some of my posts are being deleted, it's not the mods doing their jobs, it's the mods not doing a good job.  It's basically stalking, and everyone on this forum knows why you do it. I didn''t curse at anybody, and nobody in their right mind believes in curses.  Not even the mods. And if you deny that the NBA has problems worth addressing then I guess you are in denial and you deny the problems.  I'm ok with that.  You can deny and deny but you can't claim that the NBA is on the up and up: it has serious problems that most fans recognize.   Note:  I have copied and pasted this post, in its entirety, to a Word doc to use as proof in case the moderators arbitrarily delete it for no apparent reason.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]
    I just reported you for abuse 'cause you deserve it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : I'm surprised you want to post in any thread which discusses the 4th quarter of game 7. Weren't you the one against talking about it?
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

Greetings, gtown. Life is full of surprises!!!!

I never had a problem discussing any aspect of the championship series, including game seven. But obsessing about it for weeks and months in the "Tainted Championship" thread... is a whole 'nuther matter.

To me, that thread seemed utterly devoted to demeaning the Lakers, demeaning commish Stern and the referees,  demeaning the integrity of the game of NBA basketball as I know it and demeaning the time honored Celtic virtue of good sportsmanship.

Unfortunately I saw very little constructive in that thread other than a lot of senseless hating and blood letting... and said so.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

The fact that the celt fans continue to bleat about conspiracies, incompetency etc etc etc just goes to show the pain the back to back World Champion Lakers inflicted on boston fans. I love it, keep it going but in the meantime.....enjoy the gif!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Tick tock, tick tock.....

The hoisting of the back to back World Champion Lakers latest banner is but weeks away. Such is life!

Enjoy the gif.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]it's over folks!! don't lose sleep on that zhyte....it's done.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I agree it's time for the new season. This time we'll do it right and get HC advantage (that's Home Court, not Holy Cross for any Crusaders out there!!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Lmao your old team get home court??? Muahahahahaha yeah right!

Enjoy the gif!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

tainted championship

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

celtics fans = Cry

Los Angeles LAKERS = Back to Back World Champions  Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

KOBE- that 'back to back' title the Lakers hold is something the Celtic organization needs to correct. Winning one title does not suffice for me, even the Heat did that. If the Celts want to become a powerhouse again, we must aspire to winning titles in bunches otherwise it all looks like a fluke year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]KOBE- that 'back to back' title the Lakers hold is something the Celtic organization needs to correct. Winning one title does not suffice for me, even the Heat did that. If the Celts want to become a powerhouse again, we must aspire to winning titles in bunches otherwise it all looks like a fluke year.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

You almost have it. You must prostrate yourself more though. Be more emphatic when you kiss Lakers fan butt, like RUWorthy does the Celtics fans. Then you will have the RUWorthy shuffle mastered. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]KOBE- that 'back to back' title the Lakers hold is something the Celtic organization needs to correct. Winning one title does not suffice for me, even the Heat did that. If the Celts want to become a powerhouse again, we must aspire to winning titles in bunches otherwise it all looks like a fluke year.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

I take it all back. You are a great and objective Celtics fan. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I was so glad to hear Rick Fox on the radio out here the other day.  He said he learned how to be a professional from Robert Parish and Larry Bird, then took that persona to the lakers locker room...................some kind of mixed message there.  He holds no ill will toward us, and vice-versa.  A shame the lakers fans can't feel that way about Shaq!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

BC......I don't know about you.....but the silence I hear from the trolls is golden....try it my friend.....adults only forums are the way to go man....just enjoy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : That is on Shaq. He typically leaves town running his mouth, and creates his own little brand of ill will on the way out. He does it every time, and he will do it with the Celtics. Most Lakers fans could two sh!ts about Shaq, most think he should have retired after his calamitous run in Phoenix. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

On that point, you are WRONG, as usual.  The very fact that MOST lakers fans have an opinion about retiring the guys lakers jersey is proof of that.  Jeannie Buss already said it's a non-issue, and his number will be retired.  If fans don't care, how come a lot of my lakers friends still use the word "traitor" right after saying the name Shaq?  Oh, and I haven't heard him bad mouth Orlando or Cleveland yet................and what did he say about Phoenix?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : On that point, you are WRONG, as usual.  The very fact that MOST lakers fans have an opinion about retiring the guys lakers jersey is proof of that.  Jeannie Buss already said it's a non-issue, and his number will be retired.  If fans don't care, how come a lot of my lakers friends still use the word "traitor" right after saying the name Shaq?  Oh, and I haven't heard him bad mouth Orlando or Cleveland yet................and what did he say about Phoenix?
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Bill Simmons feels the same way as me, so I am not alone in saying he leaves places on bad terms. But with that said, I could care less about Shaq, and for the life of me, I can't figure why you are concerned enough about how Lakers fans feel about this to make a post about it, much less argue it. If it twirls your beenie to say I am wrong, well then I am wrong. 

The man has made nearly $300 million just in salaries, not counting endorsements, production deals, movie roles, his reality show that he stole from Steve Nash, his music albums and the money that LSU paid him. He certainly didn't need the money. It's possible he just wanted to finish his career on a high note. After all, he left Orlando on bad terms, then Los Angeles, then Miami, then Phoenix, and Cleveland's 2010 disintegration wasn't uplifting by any means. Shaq's reputation as a negative influence -- within the coaching community, he's despised -- gained steam these past two seasons, breathing new life into theories about why his alliance with Kobe may have self-destructed. (Everyone always blamed Kobe, and yet, in two decades, only Phil Jackson and Pat Riley ever handled Shaq successfully behind the scenes.) By the summer of 2010, no contender would consider him except Boston. And only because the Celtics needed a center. It was a business arrangement of sorts: We need X, you need Y. Let's join forces.

Sections
Shortcuts