Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

Laker fans are celebrating on your sorry Boston behinds. That's the level of drivel one can expect on the Boston board. No use trying to be civil, no use attempting to even be rational. It's a total lost cause, a waste of time. The irrational, unstable, delusional Boston fans need serious psychiatric help.

All the crying, venting, and sobbing from bean-town can be heard all the way to L.A. Have you people no self-respect, no dignity left? Get up off the ground already and stop whimpering. I'm embarrassed for you. It's time to finally let it go. The Lakers won, fair and square.

In 2008, Boston fans threw rocks and bottles at the Laker bus, preventing it from leaving while screaming epithets and trying to overturn it. That image was seared into the Laker team. That's the kind of low-class temper-tantrum Boston fans are noted for, even when they win. 

Witnessing that venom is excellent fodder for the coming season. Listening to Doc and Pierce try to marginalize the Laker victory by saying that the Boston starting 5 has yet to be beaten reinforces your cry-baby image. Such comments are pathetic and reflect the inability for the Celtics to accept reality--being beaten by the L.A. Lakers.

Now that L.A. has BEATEN (I like that description) Boston, according to the Celtic faithful, there must  have been a conspiracy. It's all part of David Stern's hatred for Boston and blind devotion for the Lakers. Blah, blah, blah. :)

Keep telling yourselves--Boston won while the league, the country, the world thinks otherwise. I hope the Boston Geezers make it to the finals next year so they can receive another thumping.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    I hope the Boston Geezers make it to the finals next year so they can receive another thumping.  
    Posted by rsalas67m

I seriously hope not. What's better than the Lakers thumping the Celtics in the finals? The Celtics getting eliminated in the first round and the Celtics fanatics crying here that David Stern is hyping up the Milwaukee Bucks and the refs are kissing the Bucks' behinds...

The icing on the cake I want to see, besides the Lakers winning another championship, is the Celtics whiners keep bragging their 17-4 finals record and their 9-3 head-to-head against the Lakers. They can keep the head-to-head as long as the Lakers keep piling up championships. What it means is that they fail to make the finals again. And to whiners like Duke, as long as they don't make the finals, the season doesn't count. That's why the 17-4 and 9-3...

10-4 and counting...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Laker fans are celebrating on your sorry Boston behinds. That's the level of drivel one can expect on the Boston board. No use trying to be civil, no use attempting to even be rational. It's a total lost cause, a waste of time. The irrational, unstable, delusional Boston fans need serious psychiatric help. All the crying, venting, and sobbing from bean-town can be heard all the way to L.A. Have you people no self-respect, no dignity left? Get up off the ground already and stop whimpering. I'm embarrassed for you. It's time to finally let it go. The Lakers won, fair and square. In 2008, Boston fans threw rocks and bottles at the Laker bus, preventing it from leaving while screaming epithets and trying to overturn it. That image was seared into the Laker team. That's the kind of low-class temper-tantrum Boston fans are noted for, even when they win.  Witnessing that venom is excellent fodder for the coming season. Listening to Doc and Pierce try to marginalize the Laker victory by saying that the Boston starting 5 has yet to be beaten reinforces your cry-baby image. Such comments are pathetic and reflect the inability for the Celtics to accept reality--being beaten by the L.A. Lakers. Now that L.A. has BEATEN (I like that description) Boston, according to the Celtic faithful, there must  have been a conspiracy. It's all part of David Stern's hatred for Boston and blind devotion for the Lakers. Blah, blah, blah. :) Keep telling yourselves--Boston won while the league, the country, the world thinks otherwise. I hope the Boston Geezers make it to the finals next year so they can receive another thumping.  
    Posted by rsalas67m

I love how lakers fans call a come from behind 4 pt win in Game 7 a thumping.  The lakers won fair and square, no conspiracy..........now will you please go away?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Fact is honest Laker fans understand the fix was in. Who would know better than they after what happened to the Kings that sent the Lakers to the finals during the Shaq era.

LA is a big market and Kobe one of the leagues poster boys. Even though he was garbage in the series and particularly in game 7, when it counted most, they celebrate him like it was his championship!!  All part of the marketing ploy to sell the league... refs are in on it, no doubt.

2010 will definitely be remembered as THE TAINT! Pure robbery and now Stern is making sure the players will be silenced even more on the court with his new technical foul rules.

NBA = a dirtier version of the WWE. At least the WWE doesnt pretend its legit and muzzle its players

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Fact is honest Laker fans understand the fix was in. Who would know better than they after what happened to the Kings that sent the Lakers to the finals during the Shaq era. LA is a big market and Kobe one of the leagues poster boys. Even though he was garbage in the series and particularly in game 7, when it counted most, they celebrate him like it was his championship!!  All part of the marketing ploy to sell the league... refs are in on it, no doubt. 2010 will definitely be remembered as THE TAINT! Pure robbery and now Stern is making sure the players will be silenced even more on the court with his new technical foul rules. NBA = a dirtier version of the WWE. At least the WWE doesnt pretend its legit and muzzle its players
    Posted by Karllost

If you truly believe this about the NBA, then by all means .. get lost, Karllost! Find another sport to support and enjoy.

You are doing no one a favor by continuously whining about NBA's illegitimacy here.

Pud 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : If you truly believe this about the NBA, then by all means .. get lost, Karllost! Find another sport to support and enjoy. You are doing no one a favor by continuously whining about NBA's illegitimacy here. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

-

You mean get lost in the Taint?  Because this thread is all about The New Taint, the Taint that won't go away, and its all over the NBA like stink on a pig.

K-low is so right, the NBA has sunk to new lows recently and never so low as to fixing the finals.

The proof is in the puddin and that is that LA fans, trolls, and Boston apologists come on this forum to whine and cry that their title ain't tainted, but it is, and they know it, and that is why they can't let it go, they feel they have to defend their tainted title because they know it's tainted.

And so the New Taint Thread passes the 130 mark.

There's no Taint like New Taint:  Stern & Taint

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : - You mean get lost in the Taint?  Because this thread is all about The New Taint , the Taint that won't go away, and its all over the NBA like stink on a pig. K-low is so right, the NBA has sunk to new lows recently and never so low as to fixing the finals. The proof is in the puddin and that is that LA fans, trolls, and Boston apologists come on this forum to whine and cry that their title ain't tainted, but it is, and they know it, and that is why they can't let it go, they feel they have to defend their tainted title because they know it's tainted. And so the New Taint Thread passes the 130 mark. There's no Taint like New Taint:  Stern & Taint
    Posted by RajonRondowski

See, more proof that you have accepted the truth, that the Lakers beat the Celtics fair and square...

You can keep opening new threads on that, but you can't hide the truth...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Laker fans are celebrating on your sorry Boston behinds. That's the level of drivel one can expect on the Boston board. No use trying to be civil, no use attempting to even be rational. It's a total lost cause, a waste of time. The irrational, unstable, delusional Boston fans need serious psychiatric help. All the crying, venting, and sobbing from bean-town can be heard all the way to L.A. Have you people no self-respect, no dignity left? Get up off the ground already and stop whimpering. I'm embarrassed for you. It's time to finally let it go. The Lakers won, fair and square. In 2008, Boston fans threw rocks and bottles at the Laker bus, preventing it from leaving while screaming epithets and trying to overturn it. That image was seared into the Laker team. That's the kind of low-class temper-tantrum Boston fans are noted for, even when they win.  Witnessing that venom is excellent fodder for the coming season. Listening to Doc and Pierce try to marginalize the Laker victory by saying that the Boston starting 5 has yet to be beaten reinforces your cry-baby image. Such comments are pathetic and reflect the inability for the Celtics to accept reality--being beaten by the L.A. Lakers. Now that L.A. has BEATEN (I like that description) Boston, according to the Celtic faithful, there must  have been a conspiracy. It's all part of David Stern's hatred for Boston and blind devotion for the Lakers. Blah, blah, blah. :) Keep telling yourselves--Boston won while the league, the country, the world thinks otherwise. I hope the Boston Geezers make it to the finals next year so they can receive another thumping.  
    Posted by rsalas67m

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is a perfect example of a Laker fan/Troll who is

INSECURE with the Laker Championship.

Why come on our board and say " 2010 Laker fans are celebrating on your sorry Boston behinds. That's the level of drivel one can expect on the Boston board. No use trying to be civil, no use attempting to even be rational. It's a total lost cause, a waste of time. The irrational, unstable, delusional Boston fans need serious psychiatric help.

All the crying, venting, and sobbing from bean-town can be heard all the way to L.A. Have you people no self-respect, no dignity left? Get up off the ground already and stop whimpering. I'm embarrassed for you. It's time to finally let it go. The Lakers won, fair and square.

Listening to Doc and Pierce try to marginalize the Laker victory by saying that the Boston starting 5 has yet to be beaten reinforces your cry-baby image. Such comments are pathetic and reflect the inability for the Celtics to accept reality--being beaten by the L.A. Lakers.

Now that L.A. has BEATEN (I like that description) Boston, according to the Celtic faithful, there must  have been a conspiracy. It's all part of David Stern's hatred for Boston and blind devotion for the Lakers. Blah, blah, blah. :)

Keep telling yourselves--Boston won while the league, the country, the world thinks otherwise. I hope the Boston Geezers make it to the finals next year so they can receive another thumping."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Ski :

"As long as Laker fans come to this Celtic Forum to whine, that constitutes living, irrefutable proof that they know their Title is Tainted.

The fact that they feel to need to defend it on another teams forum is proof that deep in their needy and insecure hearts they know that the Lakers won with the help of the refs and the league and that the 2010 Title is forever a Tainted Titled.

If it ain't Tainted, why do you bother to defend it?"

Reinforcing Ski's comments above, I continue:

Yes, I said "INSECURE ". Record books show LA as Champs for 2010 and, even if many of us don't admit we feel they were the better team and deserved to win, the title will not be taken away from them.  You are like the school bully who has someone down and that victim can do nothing about it, yet the
    bully says "do you give up, do you give up ? " We can do nothing about LA being declared champs. What more do you Laker fans/trolls  want unless you truly question the manner in which the victory was obtained by castigating us with comments like stop crying, regain our self respect---we don't need
    someone like you to tell us you are embarrassed for us & I return serve, we are embarrassed for you continuing on this board. Why are you here contributing to what you call "drivel" ? What is not true about Doc saying that our starting 5 has yet to be beaten---was Perkins not out of the pivotal 7th game ? Doc made a pathetic comment ??? Regarding the conspiracy/fix etc., some may believe it but I don't but I've said this in numerous posts, the incompetence of the refs with the disparity in foul
    shots, calls, non calls etc. favored the Lakers. When something favors a team, it usually wins.  And you call our team the Boston Geezers who beat the younger Heat in 5, the Cavs & Magic on their courts in 6 respectively and lost or were only 5 pts short of a victory in the finals irrespective of 20 more foul shots for the whole game(37-17) but more important, 15 (21-6) of them in the pivotal 4th qtr.  

I reiterate. Why do you need us to get on our knees and admit the win was fair & square. It does not change the record books but you and other Laker fans/trolls needing Celtic fans to admit the 7 th game was won by LA fair & square & that we feel they were a better team ain't gonna happen from me even with a gun to my head. I reiterate that many of you guys are INSECURE 
    that many of our attitudes are that the " Title is Tainted ". If not, GO AWAY & ENJOY YOUR TINSEL TOWN TAINTED TROPHY! By the way, I'm not a Bostonian making disparaging remarks about your city. I live in what many consider the best city in California, San Francisco---a Bay City, great seafood & quaint just like Boston.

Your worst nightmare, perhaps ??? 

THE OLD GREEN GEEZERS WILL BE BACK !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Wow.

Can't believe this thread is still going.

We lost, they won.  No conspiracy, no Oliver Stone movie coming from this. No huge statement was made by either team, except that it was a series that went down to the wire by two well-matched teams.

What's done is done; get over it.

Training camp is starting for the '10-'11 season.

Time to go after #18.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : --------------------------------------------------------------------------- This post is a perfect example of a Laker fan/Troll who is INSECURE with the Laker Championship. Why come on our board and say " 2010 Laker fans are celebrating on your sorry Boston behinds. That's the level of drivel one can expect on the Boston board. No use trying to be civil, no use attempting to even be rational. It's a total lost cause, a waste of time. The irrational, unstable, delusional Boston fans need serious psychiatric help. All the crying, venting, and sobbing from bean-town can be heard all the way to L.A. Have you people no self-respect, no dignity left? Get up off the ground already and stop whimpering. I'm embarrassed for you. It's time to finally let it go. The Lakers won, fair and square. Listening to Doc and Pierce try to marginalize the Laker victory by saying that the Boston starting 5 has yet to be beaten reinforces your cry-baby image. Such comments are pathetic and reflect the inability for the Celtics to accept reality--being beaten by the L.A. Lakers. Now that L.A. has BEATEN (I like that description) Boston, according to the Celtic faithful, there must  have been a conspiracy. It's all part of David Stern's hatred for Boston and blind devotion for the Lakers. Blah, blah, blah. :) Keep telling yourselves--Boston won while the league, the country, the world thinks otherwise. I hope the Boston Geezers make it to the finals next year so they can receive another thumping." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------   From Ski : "As long as Laker fans come to this Celtic Forum to whine, that constitutes living, irrefutable proof that they know their Title is Tainted. The fact that they feel to need to defend it on another teams forum is proof that deep in their needy and insecure hearts they know that the Lakers won with the help of the refs and the league and that the 2010 Title is forever a Tainted Titled. If it ain't Tainted, why do you bother to defend it?"   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reinforcing Ski's comments above, I continue: Yes, I said " INSECURE  ". Record books show LA as Champs for 2010 and, even if many of us don't admit we feel they were the better team and deserved to win, the title will not be taken away from them.  You are like the school bully who has someone down and that victim can do nothing about it, yet the bully says "do you give up, do you give up ? " We can do nothing about LA being declared champs. What more do you Laker fans/trolls  want unless you truly question the manner in which the victory was obtained by castigating us with comments like stop crying, regain our self respect---we don't need someone like you to tell us you are embarrassed for us & I return serve, we are embarrassed for you continuing on this board. Why are you here contributing to what you call "drivel" ? What is not true about Doc saying that our starting 5 has yet to be beaten---was Perkins not out of the pivotal 7th game ? Doc made a pathetic comment ??? Regarding the conspiracy/fix etc., some may believe it but I don't but I've said this in numerous posts, the incompetence of the refs with the disparity in foul shots, calls, non calls etc. favored the Lakers. When something favors a team, it usually wins.  And you call our team the Boston Geezers who beat the younger Heat in 5, the Cavs & Magic on their courts in 6 respectively and lost or were only 5 pts short of a victory in the finals irrespective of 20 more foul shots for the whole game(37-17) but more important, 15 (21-6) of them in the pivotal 4th qtr.   I reiterate. Why do you need us to get on our knees and admit the win was fair & square. It does not change the record books but you and other Laker fans/trolls needing Celtic fans to admit the 7 th game was won by LA fair & square & that we feel they were a better team ain't gonna happen from me even with a gun to my head. I reiterate that many of you guys are INSECURE   that many of our attitudes are that the " Title is Tainted ". If not, GO AWAY & ENJOY YOUR TINSEL TOWN TAINTED TROPHY! By the way, I'm not a Bostonian making disparaging remarks about your city. I live in what many consider the best city in California, San Francisco---a Bay City, great seafood & quaint just like Boston. Your worst nightmare, perhaps ???  THE OLD GREEN GEEZERS WILL BE BACK !!!  
    Posted by mandobello

And you have nerve to ask why we are here? Read your own post and you know your sorry whiny sour attitude still don't go away. Yes, the more you whine, the more I read it as you are living in despair, knowing that the rest of the NBA world is not singing your tune.

Whether you like to admit the championship is won fair and square is not my concern. I am here to pick apart your sorry arguments. That's the fun part of it. Like one of your cohorts claiming that the first 3.5 quarters was called fairly, yet he mentioned the 37-17 FT discrepancy. Another one of your cohorts claimed that the Celtics were leading the whole game. Don't you see it's fun to trash these nonsense?

So let me tell you what, as long as you are whining here, I'll be here to bash you. If you consider it as "insecure Laker championship that needs validation", be my guest. Do you think I'll let you off the hook just because you use some weired logic: "if you continue to post, it shows that you have doubt about the Lakers' triumph"?

Let me try this logic: If you continue to whlne about tainted championshpi, then you are confessing that the Lakers winning fair and square.

So what is it?

You continue to whine? then you confess that the Lakers won the title fair and square.

You stop whining? good, then your silence finally admit that the Lakers won the title fair and square.

So take your pick. Either way, you are cooked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brndonthagreat. Show brndonthagreat's posts

hahaha all you beantown crybabies. i feel your pain. i had similar feelings after the Lakers were dogged in 2008. dogged by the refs? maybe. dogged by the celts? definitely. is there not a freethrow disparity greatly favoring one team in half the nba games? im no expert but my guess is yes. to those who say this league is watered down. you may be right but for that reason its a lot harder to win a championship in todays league when all the talent isnt being split between two teams and is spread throughout the league. and just because this generation lacks the "fundamentals" doesnt make the older generation players any better. take LBJ for ex athletically superior to just about anyone who has ever played the game when you look at the combination of speed, strength, and leaping ability add guard like dribbling ability and who wouldnt pick him over any fundamentally sound player in NBA history with exception to those initialed MJ, and Shaq. ps if you put dwight howard on the same teams bill russel won his titles with the outcome would be no diff and dwight would be the one touted in history and if you put bill on the magic they may not get out the first round.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

hahaha all you beantown crybabies. i feel your pain. i had similar feelings after the Lakers were dogged in 2008. dogged by the refs? maybe. dogged by the celts? definitely. is there not a freethrow disparity greatly favoring one team in half the nba games? im no expert but my guess is yes. to those who say this league is watered down. you may be right but for that reason its a lot harder to win a championship in todays league when all the talent isnt being split between two teams and is spread throughout the league. and just because this generation lacks the "fundamentals" doesnt make the older generation players any better. take LBJ for ex athletically superior to just about anyone who has ever played the game when you look at the combination of speed, strength, and leaping ability add guard like dribbling ability and who wouldnt pick him over any fundamentally sound player in NBA history with exception to those initialed MJ, and Shaq. ps if you put dwight howard on the same teams bill russel won his titles with the outcome would be no diff and dwight would be the one touted in history and if you put bill on the magic they may not get out the first round.
    Posted by brndonthagreat

Sorry, I can't read your post, is it English, or some language you made up?  You made up most of it anyway!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

maybe you should go back to school then and learn how to read. its funny i hear all this nonsense about a taint. when the referee scandal broke out boston celebrated its first championship in some 20 years.  was that a conspiracy? come on now you lost.  come back better like the Lakers did. better luck next year guys. as a matter of factscrap that. lets start the next thread about why you wont make it past miami.
    Posted by brndonthagreat

We lost?  Really?? Thanks so much for the update.  I've been waiting since June for that news.  No taint, no conspiracy, we just lost.....and the ref scandal was in 2002 and involved the lakers and Kings......but whatever you say Brandon!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brndonthagreat. Show brndonthagreat's posts

NO THE LAKERS AND KINGS SERIES WAS IMPLICATED IN THE SCANDAL. IT WAS 2008 WHEN DONAGHY STARTED ALL THE NONSENSE ABOUT FIXING GAMES. BTW IF IM SOME DUMB 15 YEAR WHY AM I TAKING UP SO MUCH OF YOUR TME. DONT GET MAD ITS ONLY INTERNET CONVO  LOL Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : We lost?  Really?? Thanks so much for the update.  I've been waiting since June for that news.  No taint, no conspiracy, we just lost.....and the ref scandal was in 2002 and involved the lakers and Kings......but whatever you say Brandon!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : so if they did it in 02 they stopped in 08?  more scandal how come a former celtic give away his best player  to his former team for pennies on the dollar. i can do this all day
    Posted by brndonthagreat

Huh?  You make about as much sense as that idiot GlasgowRanger

No lakers fan can argue conspiracy.  IF there was, it would be in favor of the lakers.  Stern always says his ideal Final would be lakers vs lakers.
    Don't start on trades with me - Gasol for a retired assistant coach, a stiff and a second round pick who had never played?  That's pennies on the dollar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted by brndonthagreat

Absolutely a ridiculous comment that you feel our pain after our victory in 2008 !!!

"hahaha all you beantown crybabies. i feel your pain. i had similar feelings after the Lakers were dogged in 2008. dogged by the refs? maybe. dogged by the celts?" 

The margin of victory was 39 points. Was your pain due to the incredible thrashing of your beloved Lakers.  Did the refs favor us to enable us to achieve the largest margin in a championship clinching game ? You should feel pain for making such an idiotic comment but not out of the ordinary for a Laker troll ! 

Boston's 39-point win surpassed the NBA record for the biggest margin of victory in a championship clincher surpassing the previous record of 33 points when, guess who,  the Celtics beat the Lakers 129-96 in Game 5 of the 1965 NBA Finals !

If I were a Laker Fan both in 1965 & 2008, I would most humbly admit we were beaten by a better team but winning in 2010 by 4 points with 20 more foul opportunities (37-17), and they only made 10 of them for 50% (pathetic) and, more important, 15 more in the pivotal 4th qtr (21-6), I would be very grateful for the Ref's incompetence---notice I'm not saying fix/conspiracy etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Heh Boston fans, let me help you get up off the ground, unto your wobbly feet. There's no shame in losing, in coming in 2nd. The shame arises from how you react to defeat. And man, have some Boston fans wallowed in their cry-baby mud. Time to clean yourselves up, take the bib off and end the tears. Quit deluding yourselves that anyone, I mean anyone outside of bean-town cares what you Boston fans think.

You want to believe your own lies, scream that the refs were and are bought in the NBA, that the "fix" is in and David Stern and his minions are conspiring to steal another title for the Lakers and not hand it over to Boston. Well then, if you erroneously believe that the league is corrupt and in cahoots with Jerry Buss to steal every title, then why was Boston given one in 2008? What has San Antonio done to deserve 4 titles? Why give a title to Detroit & Miami?

It's frustrating isn't it when logic comes into play and you have to stop being an ostrich, you have to start asking yourselves--the better team won. The Lakers won, L.A. won.  :)  Get used to it because these are the facts, this is the truth, this is reality. You have to get out of that losing stuper that you've put yourselves through. It's like a drunk that finally has hit rock bottom. You Boston fans must realize that there is a new season about to begin. So let's stop the shameful whining, the childish pouting, and humiliating temper tantrums.

There's an old adage--the truth will set you free. And the truth is, the Celtics lost in 2010 to the better team. So lets hope that the Celtic geezers have enough this season to make it to another finals. I'll pray that it happens to enjoy another beating. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Absolutely a ridiculous comment that you feel our pain after our victory in 2008 !!! "hahaha all you beantown crybabies. i feel your pain. i had similar feelings after the Lakers were dogged in 2008. dogged by the refs? maybe. dogged by the celts?"  The margin of victory was 39 points. Was your pain due to the incredible thrashing of your beloved Lakers.  Did the refs favor us to enable us to achieve the largest margin in a championship clinching game ? You should feel pain for making such an idiotic comment but not out of the ordinary for a Laker troll !  Boston's 39-point win surpassed the NBA record for the biggest margin of victory in a championship clincher surpassing the previous record of 33 points when, guess who,  the Celtics beat the Lakers 129-96 in Game 5 of the 1965 NBA Finals !   If I were a Laker Fan both in 1965 & 2008, I would most humbly admit we were beaten by a better team but winning in 2010 by 4 points with 20 more foul opportunities (37-17), and they only made 10 of them for 50% (pathetic) and, more important, 15 more in the pivotal 4th qtr (21-6), I would be very grateful for the Ref's incompetence---notice I'm not saying fix/conspiracy etc.
    Posted by mandobello

Humbled? I don't know about you, but I think humbled is your team getting knocked out in the conference semi-finals, not even seeing a game in June. That's humbled, especially when you are leading the series 3-2 (NEVER LOST A SERIES AFTER LEADING 3-2, huh?), leading in game 6, and have game 7 at home, as defending champ.

Simple, I would say the Celtics choked. You know, watching your team getting beaten is one thing, but watching your team choking away the triumph is really hard to bear.

What you tried to focus on is one particular instance and use it as a warped argument. I would say losing by 39 points in game 6 of the final (it means the Lakers won 2 games IN THE FINAL, can the 2009 Celtics say that?) is better than getting killed in game 7 of the conference semi at home.

Of course you feel differently, according to your warped mind, what's done in the finals is all that counts. For the times the Celtics don't even reach the finals, they are simply erased in the record books, as if the Celtics only participated in only 21 NBA seasons...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : - If I were a Laker Fan both in 1965 & 2008, I would most humbly admit we were beaten by a better team

I can say that for 1983 and 1991 as well. I won't say that we were beaten by a better team in 1989. Because we were not. 1984, I'll say well played Celtics.

The standard of officiating in almost every sport is declining every year. And not just talking about US based sports. Although the replay nature and sports commentating being as it is today does not help matters. Still doesn't change the fact that the referees and umpires are getting it wrong and will continue to get it wrong. They're human and that's how I look at it.

Usually but not always the decisions of the officials will swing in favor of both teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Little Boy, did you enjoy you time on the BANNED LIST?  Keep it up and you will be right back there.  Enjoy! 
    Posted by kobeismrnba4

Ahh.......I see this is your 1st NEW name post. Now WHO was banned?? I was hoping that you had finally gotten a life but, sadly, mistaken it seems.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Heh Boston fans, let me help you get up off the ground, unto your wobbly feet. There's no shame in losing, in coming in 2nd. The shame arises from how you react to defeat. And man, have some Boston fans wallowed in their cry-baby mud. Time to clean yourselves up, take the bib off and end the tears. Quit deluding yourselves that anyone, I mean anyone outside of bean-town cares what you Boston fans think. You want to believe your own lies, scream that the refs were and are bought in the NBA, that the "fix" is in and David Stern and his minions are conspiring to steal another title for the Lakers and not hand it over to Boston. Well then, if you erroneously believe that the league is corrupt and in cahoots with Jerry Buss to steal every title, then why was Boston given one in 2008? What has San Antonio done to deserve 4 titles? Why give a title to Detroit & Miami? It's frustrating isn't it when logic comes into play and you have to stop being an ostrich, you have to start asking yourselves--the better team won. The Lakers won, L.A. won.  :)  Get used to it because these are the facts, this is the truth, this is reality. You have to get out of that losing stuper that you've put yourselves through. It's like a drunk that finally has hit rock bottom. You Boston fans must realize that there is a new season about to begin. So let's stop the shameful whining, the childish pouting, and humiliating temper tantrums. There's an old adage--the truth will set you free. And the truth is, the Celtics lost in 2010 to the better team. So lets hope that the Celtic geezers have enough this season to make it to another finals. I'll pray that it happens to enjoy another beating. 
    Posted by rsalas67m

No taint.  But a FACT that the Home Team usually wins in the NBA.  Has since the 70's.  Look it up.  HCA is more of a weapon in the NBA than any other league.

I have not witnessed any temper tantrums myself.....don't see how that is possible, we are on computers.......
    2010 lakers were better
    2008 WE were better - agreed?

Celtic GEEZERS - lakers are the oldest team in the league - it's okay to admit that, they are also the best team in the league right now.
    Love how lakers fans call a come-from-behind 4 point win in Game 7 a "beating", like anyone outside of LA really thinks that way!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brndonthagreat. Show brndonthagreat's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Some of us saw our team win 8 in a row!  Top that, Mr. Troll.
    Posted by BirdandCowens

I cant. Im not trying too. I just hope you were this passionate during that 19 game losing streak before KG came to town.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brndonthagreat. Show brndonthagreat's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : 21 posts and yet to say anything!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

yet i manage to keep your attn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : I cant. Im not trying too. I just hope you were this passionate during that 19 game losing streak before KG came to town.
    Posted by brndonthagreat

It was 19 YEARS, Brandon (22 actually), and yes, I watched every game.  Dino Radja, Kevin Gamble, Darren make-my Daye,  etc.  No bandwagon fan here.

And a FLY or gnat gets my attention, but it is annoying and I want to swat it!

That's an analogy-  hope you can work it out!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

i'm watching right now at NBA TV game 7 celtics vs LAkers champs.

Sections
Shortcuts