Celtics looking at Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Celtics looking at Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry

i say yes to all of them, what do you think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celtics looking at Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry

Shane and Carl would be nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

So is the rest of the league, well be lucky to get one of them, and probably none since will be over the cap and only have the mini mid level to offer  ( $3m).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

i saw some highlight of Chuck hayes, it's really impressive how strong the guy is. He's only 6'6 but he's relly hard to move in the paint and hard to back down. he's one of the best low post defenders despite his size and has a knack for getting rabounds. i'm all of signing him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hayes over Baby in a heartbeat

Would Battier really take the 3 million... it would make Danny's life so much easier b/c he could include Green in a trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics looking at Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry:
    [QUOTE]Hayes over Baby in a heartbeat Would Battier really take the 3 million... it would make Danny's life so much easier b/c he could include Green in a trade
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Rame, can DA include Krstic's contract as part of a trade?  He has a year left, doesn't he?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

1. Landry
    2. Battier

3. Grant Hill

4. Chuck Hayes

5. Kwame Brown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

SHANE BATTIER OR CARL LANDRY IN THIS ORDER
    HOWEVER YOU HAVE FOR CARON BUTLER AND JASON RICHARDSON
    OUT THERE.
    CENTERS: TYSON CHANDLER MY FIRST CHOICE, THEN MARK GASOL OR SPENCER HAWES.

THERE IS NO HUGE NAMES BUT GREAT ROLE PLAYERS THE ONES WHO STICK OUT THE MOST FOR ME AND CAN SEE PLAYING IN BOSTON IS
    TYSON AND BATTIER

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics looking at Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry:
    [QUOTE]Hayes over Baby in a heartbeat Would Battier really take the 3 million... it would make Danny's life so much easier b/c he could include Green in a trade
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

+1, though Hayes is probably looking to start.  Maybe he'd be willing to take a short-term deal to come off the bench on a contender... I also don't want to see next year's cap room compromised

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics looking at Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry : Rame, can DA include Krstic's contract as part of a trade?  He has a year left, doesn't he?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Krstic was a free agent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The best move possible IMO is if you could convince Battier or Prince to sign for the 3 million and move Green/Baby in a sign and trade for a big man who can play at least 28 mins and take major pressure off of JON/KG and JJohnson.

With a 66 game season and a shot at one more title with a core of HOF vets and the knowledge that they don't have to play 30+ mins anymore... just do the things they are great at for 22-26 mins and it makes us title contenders... maybe they take a cut from the MLE they would get elsewhere.

You can offer them a player option at a small raise from the 3 million next season... if they choose it we can still have lots of cap space... but they'd know they'd still get the full MLE this summer... its not a last contract by any means

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This amnesty clause is awesome, we can essentially trade for a guy who will help us win now, and whose team doesn't want his contract, only to dump him if/when we have a shot at Howard.

I think Kaman, Big Al, Okafor, Varejao, Jamison, David Lee and Biedrins could all be possible.

But it is VERY important to get that defensive SF before we trade Green.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Fa wise we may be more  active after the end of the amnesty deadline. We have 8 mil and some sign and trade options which I like some options. One possibility is a sign and trade with Sac. Baby for J Thompson and Garcia. From my limited knowledge of cap and trade salary matches this would work. I think these guys would flourish here and really help transform our roster from aged to well balanced.Both play multiple positions and aren't top tier starters but capable enough to start or play significant minutes. Their salaries could be handled with our trade exemptions and the 2 years left salaries aren't prohibitive with cap availability we have going forward after this eason. Pick up a J Richardson on the cheap and we can do this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

rameakap, Green will not be traded for any short term needs.  He's a priority for signing for Danny and will only be traded for a mega deal.