Celtics make playoffs's 8th spot go 11-14 down last 25 games.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Celtics make playoffs's 8th spot go 11-14 down last 25 games.

vs. Golden State Warriors                                           loss     Tue. 5 at Philadelphia 76ers          loss       Wed. 6 at Indiana Pacers              loss       Fri. 8 vs. Atlanta Hawks               win       Sun. 10 at Oklahoma City Thunder     loss       Tue. 12 at Charlotte Bobcats          loss       Wed. 13 vs. Toronto Raptors            win       Sat. 16 vs. Charlotte Bobcats         win       Mon. 18 vs. Miami Heat                     loss       Wed. 20 at New Orleans Hornets      win       Fri. 22 at Dallas Mavericks              loss       Sat. 23 at Memphis Grizzlies            loss       Tue. 26 vs. New York Knicks            win       Wed. 27 at Cleveland Cavaliers       win       Fri. 29 vs. Atlanta Hawks              loss       Sun. 31 at New York Knicks             loss

at Minnesota Timberwolves       loss     Wed. 3 vs. Detroit Pistons      win Fri. 5 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers      win Sun. 7 vs. Washington Wizards      loss Wed. 10 vs. Brooklyn Nets      win Fri. 12 at Miami Heat      loss Sat. 13 at Orlando Magic      win Tue. 16 vs. Indiana Pacers      loss Wed. 17 at Toronto Raptors loss

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Re: Celtics make playoffs's 8th spot go 11-14 down last 25 games.

...so why do you bother? Stiring the pot like you do indicates that you have serious problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'd say more like 18-7 or 15-10....then again, I am always looking at the glass as half full....due to the seedings they may indeed choose to sit KG and PP, or at least limit their minutes going forward...so Run could be right in his prediction but I really don't see them playing sub .500 ball...this team usually tends to peak going into the playoffs...we'll have to watch the games as they play out...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Thinking more of the same, they will win more at home and loose more on the road. too many back to backs coming up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I'd say more like 18-7 or 15-10....then again, I am always looking at the glass as half full....due to the seedings they may indeed choose to sit KG and PP, or at least limit their minutes going forward...so Run could be right in his prediction but I really don't see them playing sub .500 ball...this team usually tends to peak going into the playoffs...we'll have to watch the games as they play out...

Celtics have by far the worst road record of the potential 8 teams that will make the playoffs in the eastern conference. they will not have home court advantage in any matchup - if they make the playoffs. 10-18 road record is beyond pathetic. they have been playing like wimps on the road. i attribute this to poor coaching. they have had the talent to play better. Doc lost contol of this team years ago. he should be fired immediately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

Celtics have by far the worst road record of the potential 8 teams that will make the playoffs in the eastern conference. they will not have home court advantage in any matchup - if they make the playoffs. 10-18 road record is beyond pathetic. they have been playing like wimps on the road. i attribute this to poor coaching. they have had the talent to play better. Doc lost contol of this team years ago. he should be fired immediately.

Their road record is 8-20

Take care Run

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

Take care Run

Their road record has improved to a more respectable 3-4 since February began.

That's a definite improvement. 

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

vs. Golden State Warriors                                           loss     Tue. 5 at Philadelphia 76ers          loss       Wed. 6 at Indiana Pacers              loss       Fri. 8 vs. Atlanta Hawks               win       Sun. 10 at Oklahoma City Thunder     loss       Tue. 12 at Charlotte Bobcats          loss       Wed. 13 vs. Toronto Raptors            win       Sat. 16 vs. Charlotte Bobcats         win       Mon. 18 vs. Miami Heat                     loss       Wed. 20 at New Orleans Hornets      win       Fri. 22 at Dallas Mavericks              loss       Sat. 23 at Memphis Grizzlies            loss       Tue. 26 vs. New York Knicks            win       Wed. 27 at Cleveland Cavaliers       win       Fri. 29 vs. Atlanta Hawks              loss       Sun. 31 at New York Knicks             loss

at Minnesota Timberwolves       loss     Wed. 3 vs. Detroit Pistons      win Fri. 5 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers      win Sun. 7 vs. Washington Wizards      loss Wed. 10 vs. Brooklyn Nets      win Fri. 12 at Miami Heat      loss Sat. 13 at Orlando Magic      win Tue. 16 vs. Indiana Pacers      loss Wed. 17 at Toronto Raptors loss

Take care Run

You are out on a limb with this call, Run..I hear that big green chain saw firing up!

3/4/since Feb and very easily could have been 5/2 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Run the racist is one of this boards biggest and most ignorant losers of all time

He is welcome to his 11-14 8th spot opinion

I say 16-9 and the 6th seed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Oldschool,

You've been basically incorrect on just about all of your Celtics predictions since 2008, so I'm comfortable with the expectation that they'll play over .500 in the last 25 games.

If you were correct on all of your previous predictions, they're basically last place club with no championship in the last 5 years.

take care steve

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Run the racist is one of this boards biggest and most ignorant losers of all time

He is welcome to his 11-14 8th spot opinion

I say 16-9 and the 6th seed

Could see 17 or18 wins at least.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They will play .500 or slightly better down the stretch.  There are a lot of bad teams on the schedule and a lot of those are on the road.  When will PP get rest?  If Toronto gets on a roll there will be no rest for PP and KG.  Doc will have to really manage minutes down the stretch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

Take care Run

No it isn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Celtic probably finish 5 or 6. Let's remember they just need to be 1-3 on the road to win a series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The Celtic probably finish 5 or 6. Let's remember they just need to be 1-3 on the road to win a series.

BOOM

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

BOOM

With the additions off three players , think the celtics will do better than runs prediction. We will see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Russell1's comment:

BOOM

With the additions off three players , think the celtics will do better than runs prediction. We will see.

Without any more injuries we will absolutely do better than his prediction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Based on their previous play, the make-up of the roster, their record at home and on the road, the quality of the competition, and the number of games left on the road, it will be difficult to win more than 13 or 14 games (which would leave them 4-5 games over .500).

Trouble is the difference between a fifth seed; a sixth or a sevent; and an eighth seed is vast. If you're an eight seed you're done. Seven (where the Celts are most likely to land) probably gets you New York or Indiana and either way it'd be a tough series to win. Getting a five and looking at a Atlanta or NJ  would obviously be preferable, but think as long as they stay out of the eight spot they'd at least have a shot at beating NY or Indiana. On paper they go down to either of those two teams in 6, but there's hope anywayt. They get an eighth seed and play the heat and they are lucky to win one game.

What's also troubling is the team is beyond thin right now and has no depth whatsoever in the front court so even if they get past the first round they'll likely be so beat up that it'll make winning two series very difficult. Think about how comfortable you are with courtney lee or bradley running the point against playoff pressure? Think about Bass and Green playing all the minutes at the 4 and wilcox as your sole back-up at the 5 and how they will do on the boards when everything is squeezed down.

In the the game against Utah Green, Bass, and Wilcox combined for 91 minutes; went 8-22 from the floor; and grabbed a TOTAL of 5 rebounds. Garnett had 7. Utah's power players had 30. Also, though Pierce is obviously the go to guy down the stretch (and Garnett and Terry will take a big shot if they have to), it is not a good thing to have veterans on the downside of the career as your primary perfromers in the clutch. That extra step and legs of younger stars is vital in these spots. 

For those who think the latest additions will be of some help in the playoffs, think again. Unproven, playoff inexperienced, medicore, undiscplined talent like jordan crawford, terrence williams, and DJ White do not fare well in playoff situations and will find themselevs exactly where they should be - the bench. This is not vaguely the same thing as acquiring a Sam Cassell or PJ Brown who had real, solid veteran careers and had played in numerous big games. The Celts will enter the playoffs 8 deep with at best 2 legit big men and no point guard. 

Sections
Shortcuts