Celtics medical staff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics medical staff

I'm sorry but it's time they take some heat. For a long time I've had an issue with the C's medical team. To be clear Eddie Lacerte has been the team doctor for 26 years. This goes back to the death of Reggie Lewis to playing McHale on a broken foot, to the mixed messages with KG's injury to the team signing Green to a huge contract when he had a heart condition to allowing Avery Bradley to play on a shoulder that required surgery only for him to later need surgery on BOTH shoulders. I'm not blaming them for the injuries but this is ridiculous. Now Sully fell to #21 and all the other teams seemed to know this was coming EXCEPT the Celtics.

SMH!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Celtics medical staff

In response to Dr_Hollywood's comment:

Remember you have Danny Ainge as a GM. Everyone knew Sullinger had a rotten back but Danny wanted to look smart so there you have it. You cant make a lemon tree give you apples...

THANKS DANNY!

Mitch tried it with howard. How did that work out for YOu? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I'm sorry but it's time they take some heat. For a long time I've had an issue with the C's medical team. To be clear Eddie Lacerte has been the team doctor for 26 years. This goes back to the death of Reggie Lewis to playing McHale on a broken foot, to the mixed messages with KG's injury to the team signing Green to a huge contract when he had a heart condition to allowing Avery Bradley to play on a shoulder that required surgery only for him to later need surgery on BOTH shoulders. I'm not blaming them for the injuries but this is ridiculous. Now Sully fell to #21 and all the other teams seemed to know this was coming EXCEPT the Celtics.

SMH!

Reember the Shaq debacle too. Also KG never had an injury befor coming to boston. The Suns training staff we don't seem to have. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike5says. Show mike5says's posts

Jktl I think your wrong on the kg part. Everyone has injuries. kg was injured in minny.maybe not too serious, but when your nickname is the big ticket and the fans only come for you . Things are keep on the d l . Just saying. You could do things in the offseason bake then and people wouldn't really know

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I honestly think it goes beyond just the medical staff.  When you have a coach who publicly is quoted as "not being concerned" about an injury and it's determined that it requires surgery and the player is out for the season, that leaves me to question if the right hand is talking to the left.

How can Doc come out saying he's not concerned if he's not privy to the real facts?  And no media member will challenge him asking how could he say that when the player needs back surgery and is out for the season?  I believe that may influence our medical staff into not making the best diagnosis for our players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to mike5says' comment:

Jktl I think your wrong on the kg part. Everyone has injuries. kg was injured in minny.maybe not too serious, but when your nickname is the big ticket and the fans only come for you . Things are keep on the d l . Just saying. You could do things in the offseason bake then and people wouldn't really know

You're are probably right. but it stings a bit. Still at least we are better than the Lakers. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Dr_Hollywood's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jared Sullinger “red flagged” by NBA doctors Found June 18, 2012 on Waiting For Next Year:  Yardbarker Blogger Network

Jared Sullinger spent some time injured this year for Ohio State. Now, if NBA doctors are correct, he might be dogged by injuries for a bit longer. Specifically, NBA doctors were concerned about an area of Sullinger’s back. According to Sullinger’s father in a conversation with ESPN’s Andy Katz, it isn’t that big of a deal. “He had a bulging area that was due to his hamstring and quads being so tight,” Satch Sullinger told ESPN.com senior college basketball writer Andy Katz in a phone call Monday afternoon. “It pulled on his hip flexor and he’s been taking care of it to loosen it. You can call it a red flag if you want. But it’s tight hamstring and tight quads. He’s been to doctors, he’s doing yoga and deep tissue massage. The flexibility is helping take the pressure off the area.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/jared_sullinger_red_flagged_by_nba_doctors/11040830

Everybody knew this on draft night. It was a matter of when, not if.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAAAAAAAAAAANNYYYYYY!!!!!

Could be worse. We could have traded our franchise Center for a guy on his way to Dallas.

THAAANK YOOOOU JIMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

6 games below 500. A lottery teamwith out a lottery ticket. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I have questioned this staff for a while now.... All The teams youngsters are going down 1 by 1, and the geezers are chugging along.  I consider myself a diehard celtics fan, but the run of bad luck this team has been having is almost getting to the point its laughable. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

SMH!

Lacerte is a physical therapist and presently head trainer of the Celtics. Brian McKeon is the team Doctor.  Besides, it was Danny Ainge who made the call to draft Sullinger. Celtics medical staff also warned him of the potential risks of doing so.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JohnDenton555 #Celtics coach Doc Rivers said they were aware of Sullinger's back issue before draft, and took a gamble. It was a reason why #Magic passed.

Hopefully Sully will make me eat these words but I wish we had put him a package for Gortat a month ago. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

SMH!

Lacerte is a physical therapist and presently head trainer of the Celtics. Brian McKeon is the team Doctor.  Besides, it was Danny Ainge who made the call to draft Sullinger. Celtics medical staff also warned him of the potential risks of doing so.

thanks for posting this,  i was getting ready to after reading first post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

JohnDenton555 #Celtics coach Doc Rivers said they were aware of Sullinger's back issue before draft, and took a gamble. It was a reason why #Magic passed.

Hopefully Sully will make me eat these words but I wish we had put him a package for Gortat a month ago. 

The Suns already have Morris, Scola, Frye, and Beasley, they wouldn't have asked for Sully. Fab Melo is who the Suns would ask for because besides Gortat, the only other Center on the roster is JO.

Gortat is very good.  Melo may end up like Mutumbo but will never be able to play like him offensively. Gortat can rebound and play some defense.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

SMH!

Im with you on this one ...

Posted the same concerns many times in the past... once here or there but the Celtics history is Lacerte et al is terrible.

Losing Sully is hard to take.. hope hes ok for next season and beyond

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

SMH!

Im with you on this one ...

Posted the same concerns many times in the past... once here or there but the Celtics history is Lacerte et al is terrible.

Losing Sully is hard to take.. hope hes ok for next season and beyond

You're also saying Ed Lacerte is the Celtics team doctor?

PLease take a vacation.... try not to involve yourself and dominate every thread on the forum..

btw, if you noticed my response was "Lacerte et al"  ...should I google what et al means and paste it here for you??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"PLease take a vacation.... try not to involve yourself and dominate every thread on the forum.."

This guy  like a sardine living in a can huh? I told u, our tax money goes to this guy - he's in the entitlement list....i have no doubt in my mind.

He starts at 6:00 am and punched out 9:00pm 24/7 - what a life!

Sections
Shortcuts