Celtics medical staff

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Celtics medical staff

"Or do you want me to google the difference and paste it here for you?"

Finally! Mr. GoogleKnowitall realized all the garbage he's feeding us came somewhere else....but we all know, no mystery there..... Even kinder can google.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't care who the team Dr is my point is Lacerte has the longest tenure. I'm talkine medical staff as a whole. When Doc talks of injuries he said "they play when Ed tells me they can play".

So Doc is always talking to Lacerte. Doo and McKeon haven't been there the entire time that I referenced.

Split hairs if you want too but the main point is there the way the team has dealt with injuries and health issues is questionable. Rondo got a 2nd opinion because he's probably amazed that he has a torn ACL when he played in 2 OTs after it happened. If it didn't happen at that moment it was torn when he went back on the court for the 2 OTs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You can't really blame the medical staff for Sullinger.  Danny took a chance when he drafted him.  We have to see how he performs next season after the surgery before you can decide if he isn't very effective or really contributes again like he did this season.  He is one of the best rookies the Celtics have drafted in recent history. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I don't care who the team Dr is my point is Lacerte has the longest tenure. I'm talkine medical staff as a whole. When Doc talks of injuries he said "they play when Ed tells me they can play".

So Doc is always talking to Lacerte. Doo and McKeon haven't been there the entire time that I referenced.

Split hairs if you want too but the main point is there the way the team has dealt with injuries and health issues is questionable. Rondo got a 2nd opinion because he's probably amazed that he has a torn ACL when he played in 2 OTs after it happened. If it didn't happen at that moment it was torn when he went back on the court for the 2 OTs.

As if anything we say here will have any effect on the Celtics medical staff.

In the end you will either continue to be a Celtic fan or you just stop being a Celtic fan. It's not like the Celtics medical staff will get fired any time soon.

You need to speak to a professional in a quiet room with no sharp objects around.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sure I will continue to be a fan but that doesn't mean I can't question how they deal with injuries.

I hope Sully recovers but I NEVER wanted a 6'8 PF...I don't like small PFs. During KG's entire time with the C's we always get these guys that are tweeners and then expect them to play big....from Powe, Harangody, Bass and now Sully. KG works best when he has a physical C like Perk but Doc/Danny haven't valued big men.

The entire Big 3 era has been filled with injuries and it seems like every year they don't learn. It has stopped us from seeing the a great era in Celtics history. Maybe I'm just frustrated that we had the Perk injury, KG injury, Shaq injury, AB injury and now the Rondo injury and every one of them has stopped us from winning a title. How do the Spurs rest their guys every year, build depth, youth and still get the #1-2 seed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm sorry but it's time they take some heat. For a long time I've had an issue with the C's medical team. To be clear Eddie Lacerte has been the team doctor for 26 years. This goes back to the death of Reggie Lewis to playing McHale on a broken foot, to the mixed messages with KG's injury to the team signing Green to a huge contract when he had a heart condition to allowing Avery Bradley to play on a shoulder that required surgery only for him to later need surgery on BOTH shoulders. I'm not blaming them for the injuries but this is ridiculous. Now Sully fell to #21 and all the other teams seemed to know this was coming EXCEPT the Celtics.

SMH!

Great post. I am one who always questions the medical staff or the conditioning program of teams who seem injury prone. I said the same thing about the Red Sox.  I am also one who believes someone should be in the same position for 30 years.

The Rondo injury aside..since that is the kind of legit thing that can happen...I think maybe it's time to look at the back room operations instead of just the players on the floor.

The  death of Reggie Lewis was..in my opinion.. the biggest tragedy to happen to the Celtics. I would have replaced the medical staff at that time..no questions asked.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You need to speak to a professional in a quiet room with no sharp objects around.

Oh really?

I'm not the one who posts the Celtics are 3-0 then goes on to bash Doc in another thread.

HAHAHA

Im sure your last post has some oddball meaning to yourself.. Enjoy your Saturday on BDC, I'll be busy with some other things.. Hope to check back later and catch up on all your insight

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I'm sorry but it's time they take some heat. For a long time I've had an issue with the C's medical team. To be clear Eddie Lacerte has been the team doctor for 26 years. This goes back to the death of Reggie Lewis to playing McHale on a broken foot, to the mixed messages with KG's injury to the team signing Green to a huge contract when he had a heart condition to allowing Avery Bradley to play on a shoulder that required surgery only for him to later need surgery on BOTH shoulders. I'm not blaming them for the injuries but this is ridiculous. Now Sully fell to #21 and all the other teams seemed to know this was coming EXCEPT the Celtics.

SMH!

this is kind of a funny thread you started.  You point out how no one seems to know anything yet you don't even know who the doctor has been for 26 years.  Hillarious.

How many players drafted around the Sully pick has been tearing up the league?  If the surgery works for him then we have drafted a double double for years to come.  You know how many double double players there are in the league?  I have no problem with the gamble.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sure I will continue to be a fan but that doesn't mean I can't question how they deal with injuries.

I hope Sully recovers but I NEVER wanted a 6'8 PF...I don't like small PFs. During KG's entire time with the C's we always get these guys that are tweeners and then expect them to play big....from Powe, Harangody, Bass and now Sully. KG works best when he has a physical C like Perk but Doc/Danny haven't valued big men.

The entire Big 3 era has been filled with injuries and it seems like every year they don't learn. It has stopped us from seeing the a great era in Celtics history. Maybe I'm just frustrated that we had the Perk injury, KG injury, Shaq injury, AB injury and now the Rondo injury and every one of them has stopped us from winning a title. How do the Spurs rest their guys every year, build depth, youth and still get the #1-2 seed?

There's nothing wrong with questioning how they deal with injuries. Just get the facts right. Don't turn the trainer into a doctor.

Fierce you seem to argue everyone down to the letter on every post and you've been factually wrong plenty of times but I try to understand your main points.

I said "medical staff" which includes Lacerte, Doo and McKeon. I don't know where every line is drawn between the three of them but I did reference the entire time Lacerte has been there to show it's not just since KG came on board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

SMH!

this is kind of a funny thread you started.  You point out how no one seems to know anything yet you don't even know who the doctor has been for 26 years.  Hillarious.

How many players drafted around the Sully pick has been tearing up the league?  If the surgery works for him then we have drafted a double double for years to come.  You know how many double double players there are in the league?  I have no problem with the gamble.

This is like someone saying a guy is a PF when he's really a SF. Geez, you'll have lost the entire point just by trying to correct me.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Holy cow! Read the original post...referencing McHale...LeCerte was around then

Here Fierce...this is who I'm referring too...the entire medical staff.

• Brian Dolan - Physical Therapist
    • Ed Lacerte - PT, SCS L/ATC, CSCS Head Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist
    • Brian McKeon, M.D. - Chief Medical Officer & Team Physician
    • Vladimir Shulman - Member AMTA, Massage Therapist

In some ways Lecerte is more connected to the players than McKeon is because he deals with them everyday. They all have input and all work together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Holy cow! Read the original post...referencing McHale...LeCerte was around then

Here Fierce...this is who I'm referring too...the entire medical staff.

• Brian Dolan - Physical Therapist
    • Ed Lacerte - PT, SCS L/ATC, CSCS Head Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist
    • Brian McKeon, M.D. - Chief Medical Officer & Team Physician
    • Vladimir Shulman - Member AMTA, Massage Therapist

In some ways Lecerte is more connected to the players than McKeon is because he deals with them everyday. They all have input and all work together.

Of course Lacerte is connected everyday, but he is not a doctor.  He sends them to the Doctor when needed.  He couldn't diagnose Greens heart,  Reggies heart,  Wilcoxs heart. U think he didn't have test done on McHales foot?  Sully's back?  Everyone knew of his back. They gambled on it.  Pretty sure they knew he would need surgery somewhere along the line.  Worth the gamble.  If you want to think they are terrible,  OK fine with me.  Maybe your right but I have heard many times on Celtic broadcasts the regard that Lacerte is held.

You final point is again,  yes they all work together,  that is only common sense.  When there are problems they each have a specialty.  When someone is recovering,  I am sure thats when our message therapists comes into play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

SMH!

Lacerte is a physical therapist and presently head trainer of the Celtics. Brian McKeon is the team Doctor.  Besides, it was Danny Ainge who made the call to draft Sullinger. Celtics medical staff also warned him of the potential risks of doing so.

+1  Lacerte has been the Celtics' trainer, not a doctor, and as such has done a good job of taking care of players - no complaints there.  A medical staff doesn't consist of one doctor and players should always be advised to seek a second opinion.  Seems that Jeff Green is happy with the Celtics and how he was treated.

Sections
Shortcuts