Celtics Most Likely Trading Partners On Draft Night: Charlotte @ #4 , Minnesota @ #9.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Celtics Most Likely Trading Partners On Draft Night: Charlotte @ #4 , Minnesota @ #9.......

Still a good thread.  I figured it would be contaminated by now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Celtics Most Likely Trading Partners On Draft Night: Charlotte @ #4 , Minnesota @ #9.......

I am still waiting for Phoenix to tell us if these are his own opinion or to provide us with a link.

How on earth we'd get pick #4 from Charlotte (McLemore or Oladipo) is beyond me. Pick 16, Bradley and Melo? No way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I am still waiting for Phoenix to tell us if these are his own opinion or to provide us with a link.

How on earth we'd get pick #4 from Charlotte (McLemore or Oladipo) is beyond me. Pick 16, Bradley and Melo? No way.

I did read they don't want the pick.  Also read DAL and MN don't want theirs.  My idea is to buy them outright and package them to move up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It's a great idea, but other than giving the Mavs a top 10 protected '14 1st rd pick for pick #13 I don't see a scenrio where we'd get it. I just don't see how any team in the modern era of sports can justify to a fanbase and the league that they 'sold' a lottery pick.

And wouldn't there be 29 other teams lining up to buy it if it went on sale?

Just too strange and unlikely

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's a great idea, but other than giving the Mavs a top 10 protected '14 1st rd pick for pick #13 I don't see a scenrio where we'd get it. I just don't see how any team in the modern era of sports can justify to a fanbase and the league that they 'sold' a lottery pick.

I agree, but they have publically said they are clearing space for Howard.  I think the fans would forgive Donnie Nelson if he sold the pick, but got Howard.   What I don't understand is MN wanting to get rid of theirs. 

Get the #13 pick

Don't sign Pierce

Trade KG to Clips for Bledsoe and Jordan

Trade Rondo to Utah for Millsap ( they have no PG, and a bunch of young 4's and 5's).

At 13 and 16 take Plumlee and Shabazz.

Or move up to 9 and take Len!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I agree, but they have publically said they are clearing space for Howard.  I think the fans would forgive Donnie Nelson if he sold the pick, but got Howard.   What I don't understand is MN wanting to get rid of theirs. 

Get the #13 pick

Don't sign Pierce

Trade Rondo to Utah for Millsap ( they have no PG, and a bunch of young 4's and 5's).

Dallas will be able to get a 2014 first rd pick for pick #13. That is essentially 'selling' it. Moving into the future for a pick that might be worse (in a stronger draft though).

Like I said, I'd trade a protected pick next year for Dallas's pick this year.

I'd prefer to trade Pierce and get SOMETHING, not just let him walk.

I'd prefer to trade Rondo for Big Al, he's worth a lot more than Millsap. Maybe Enes Kanter and pick #14 for Rondo and the Jazz keep Big Al.

I like Plumlee more than Olynyk, but he's not the greatest FT, at 68% and 54% in his career at Duke. He's already 23 so not sure how much that will improve. Just thinking about this KG for Jordan/Bledsoe move we all think is likely if PP is gone. With DeAndre on the team, who can't hit Ft's, we need a C who can. Olynyk shot 78%. Either one of those guys at 16 would be nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pierce and Melo to GSW for Rich Jefferson's exp contract, Draymond Green and Festus Ezeli?

Then KG for Jordan and Bledsoe. I'd like that to be a 3 team trade where we keep Rondo and send Bledsoe somewhere else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Get the #13 pick

Don't sign Pierce

Dallas will be able to get a 2014 first rd pick for pick #13. That is essentially 'selling' it. Moving into the future for a pick that might be worse (in a stronger draft though).

Like I said, I'd trade a protected pick next year for Dallas's pick this year.

I'd prefer to trade Pierce and get SOMETHING, not just let him walk.

I'd prefer to trade Rondo for Big Al, he's worth a lot more than Millsap. Maybe Enes Kanter and pick #14 for Rondo and the Jazz keep Big Al.

I like Plumlee more than Olynyk, but he's not the greatest FT, at 68% and 54% in his career at Duke. He's already 23 so not sure how much that will improve. Just thinking about this KG for Jordan/Bledsoe move we all think is likely if PP is gone. With DeAndre on the team, who can't hit Ft's, we need a C who can. Olynyk shot 78%. Either one of those guys at 16 would be nice.

Well, I went with Millsap for two reasons:

1.  I think Al gets more than 11 mill

2.  I "traded" for Jordan.  No sense having both Jordan and Big Al.  As for your FT scenario, it's moot if we get Big Al..........and if we don't, we have Millsap, Sully  and/or Bass to shoot them at the end of games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well Rondo makes 12m next year, so he can be traded for Big Al if he's signed up to 16m starting year 1. I say Big Al deserves 4/48... an overpay is 4/60 but I'd still give him that. I put him with Josh Smith in that level of 'if he's your 3rd best player you're a contender, 2nd best player your not one of the 10 best or 10 worst team but not going anywhere. If Big Al is your best player you are always in the lotto.

I don't know if I'd trade Rondo for Al, at their absolute bests RR is a better player. But his injury, indifference to D when we know he can be elite there, refusal to run, and continued 3 point/FT shooting woes make me tempted to dump him for a guaranteed 18/9.

Yes the FT issues would be moot with Al b/c he is the crunch time Center. Millsap (and Sully/Bass) shouldn't be playing the 5 though, so if you had him and Jordan you'd need a 5 that can shoot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

< I'd trade Pierce and Lee for Zeller, Gee and pick 19. >

Agree.  In a heart beat!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about Lee, Bass, Melo and our top 5 protected '14 1st rd pick for Eric Gordon?

We spend a million more as year the next 2 seasons... but then a whopping 10 million more is on the books in Gordon over Lee in 2016.

Lee is an explosive scorer and a solid ballhandler/shooter, there are so few good young SG's in the league (he is 25, Lee 27) that if he can only stay healthy he'd be INCREDIBLE to have with Rondo-Green-Sully and whatever big we draft at pick 16 this year as the future 5 for when PP/KG are gone.

The health is the issue. He can't stay on the court.