Celtics move to within 2 and 1/2 games of the Nets

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Celtics move to within 2 and 1/2 games of the Nets

Kirk - and the Nets are fading fast!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nets are close to trading Humphries for Gordon. That should be intersting to see.

If we can't get homecourt I really don't care what seed we are. In actuality the 8th seed is better than the 5th b/c nobody here is going to be happy just making it to the east finals and losing to Miami again. So we might as well face them before exhaustion sets in.

The 4th seed like we had in '10, and facing the Heat in rd 2 like we did with LeBrons Cavs in '10 is really the absolute best thing we can hope for right now. That home OT lose to Chicago with the B.S. jump ball call still stings. Followed by blowing a monster lead vs. Atlanta.

If we had just those two wins we'd be tied with the Bulls right now 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

We are better than the Nets, I'm not worried about catching them its not a matter of if its a matter of when.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it's all re-arranging deck chairs on the proverbial titanic (not that we are going down, we just can't go up as much as we need to) until danny gets a PG and a 5 masher.  doesn't have to be a big scorer as we can see green and terry are capable second unit scorers sans rondo's iron first ballhoggery.

but we NEED a pg and a 5 masher who can get rebounds.  until we get that, our chances against miami are extremely poor.  even then we really have our work cut out for us and doc has to cut pierce's minutes big time and we have to be good enough to win with pierce at 22-26 mins per night the rest of the year so he has something LEFT for the playoffs.  and kg has to be 28 a night.  period.

if we can do that then i think we can be competitive

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and even then i would shoot for the 8th seed, not as high up as you can get.  REST THE VETS, and then b-slap miami one last time WHILE WE ARE FRESH and then maybe just maybe we can make some real noise!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

it's all re-arranging deck chairs on the proverbial titanic (not that we are going down, we just can't go up as much as we need to) until danny gets a PG and a 5 masher.  doesn't have to be a big scorer as we can see green and terry are capable second unit scorers sans rondo's iron first ballhoggery.

but we NEED a pg and a 5 masher who can get rebounds.  until we get that, our chances against miami are extremely poor.  even then we really have our work cut out for us and doc has to cut pierce's minutes big time and we have to be good enough to win with pierce at 22-26 mins per night the rest of the year so he has something LEFT for the playoffs.  and kg has to be 28 a night.  period.

We beat Miami last time we played them.

i don't get why we need a point guard. a board masher absolutely. i like this four guard rotation we have now. Lee and Bradley have good chemistry together and give this team a defensive edge we didn't have before RR went down.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

We beat Miami last time we played them.

i don't get why we need a point guard. a board masher absolutely. i like this four guard rotation we have now. Lee and Bradley have good chemistry together and give this team a defensive edge we didn't have before RR went down.

We could use a pure PG upgrade to Barbosa, but its not nearly as important as getting a PF-C who can rebound.

Acie is rarely ever right, but he's got a point this time, the C's are fun and scary but not title contenders if they are going to need 34-38 mins from KG at C in the playoffs and rely on Green (16-20), Wilcox (14-18) and Bass (28-32) at the 4-5 spots.

In the playoffs. Green should play 8-12 mins at the 4, allowing him to spell Pierce for 18-22 mins at SF. KG should be bumped up from 28 to 32 and Wilcox can play 8-12. This team is desperate for a better rebounding big who can give big mins each game. If Bass is not traded for this player  he'd only have to provide 20-24 mins while Bass gives 16-20. but if we move Bass for this player, and bump up Green and Wilcox 4-8 mins a game, the guy would still have to give 28-34 mins.