Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????

Is it worth the risk? Does he still belong to the Celtics? Knowing Danny likes to make bad decisions, will he sign him? Will it be worth it? Will he still be lazy?
    Way too many questions and little or no answers. I'll let my Celtics friends be the judge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AixpRVACfFgJBQoP8aW3QBm8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_rasheed_wallace_nba_return_011212

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????

eh. trying to get younger..not older.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????

In Response to Re: Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????:
    [QUOTE]eh. trying to get younger..not older.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Why do you bother to respond to a troll that's dumb than dumber?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

STEAL JAN VESELY FROM THE WASHINGTON BULLETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VESELY IS THE THE 2ND COMING OF DIRK , NOT TONI K OR DINO R OR VLADE D

JAN VESELY NEEDS TO PLAY FOR A PLAYOFF TEAM

HOPE DANNY STEALS HIM FROM THE FOOLS IN DC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

dumb than dumber?
    I think dumb than dumber is someone who has his computer's hard drive filled with corny picks from players from teams he hates. Now that's smart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

You're an NBA superstar and you marry a dancer with no pre-nup, that's dumb.

You're the Laker fan who idolizes that dumb NBA superstar, that makes you dumber.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????:
    [QUOTE]superstar
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Says it all!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

superstar?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Wanna be a superstar like Nancy Kerrigan or Tonya Harding?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]Wanna be a superstar like Nancy Kerrigan or Tonya Harding?
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this is more appropriate?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back????:
    [QUOTE]Is it worth the risk? Does he still belong to the Celtics? Knowing Danny likes to make bad decisions, will he sign him? Will it be worth it? Will he still be lazy? Way too many questions and little or no answers. I'll let my Celtics friends be the judge. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AixpRVACfFgJBQoP8aW3QBm8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_rasheed_wallace_nba_return_011212
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

I already posted on another thread that I really liked Rasheed and appreciated what he did for the Celtics during the playoffs.  We definitely could use another big man and I can't see what the downside would be to signing him.  He probably wouldn't be expected to play for many minutes and if he is in decent shape he probably would be able to contribute. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rasheed is 38, we are the last team that would bring him back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He's on our books for $6.7m this year, isn't he? If someone wants him, they have to tade something for him, maybe a 2nd round pick? I wonder how that works?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Rasheed is a free agent.
    Boston and Rasheed agreed to a buyout, thus cancelling Rasheed's contract.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think for minimum salary he's worth the risk. He already knows our system and can get in good enough shape to play 10-20 minutes a game if needed. Only thing I would ask is he stop shooting so many three's and use his inside game instead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't think Sheed would even want to return to Boston.  It's reported that he'd give Boston consideration but he'd look at all of his options.  That's short for "I am not looking to return to Boston."

Sheed might have to actually "work hard" and play effectively if he came to Boston AND that probably would not be close to contributing towards a championship.  He probably would want to go somewhere that has a legit chance to win a title where he could just stand outside and hoist up 3-pointers.

We are so worse off than we were when Sheed last played and he was worn out then.  He surly doesn't want to return and have to put forth that kind of effort again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

If Boston signed rasheed who would they release?
    Pavlovic's contract is guaranteed.
    Steisma's is not guaranteed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bring back the big lug - but only if we don't have to cut Steamer.  His contract doesn't become guaranteed until next month - please cut Sasha!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

You never forget how to play defense. This guy is the muscle and length we need.
    A couple extra fowls, a few pts, and some techs...Sign him and Eddie House...
    At this pt what do we have to lose..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]You never forget how to play defense. This guy is the muscle and length we need. A couple extra fowls, a few pts, and some techs...Sign him and Eddie House... At this pt what do we have to lose..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Sheed ain't crashing the boards or manning up on D. Hell, if KG is afraid of contact and hanging out at the top of the key now, I hate to see where a semi-retired Sheed will be drifting to on the court.

...I'll pass.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics need bigs. Will Danny sign Sheed now that he wants to make a come back???? : Sheed ain't crashing the boards or manning up on D. Hell, if KG is afraid of contact and hanging out at the top of the key now, I hate to see where a semi-retired Sheed will be drifting to on the court. ...I'll pass.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

On the other hand Sheed is good friends with KG and we all know how that can work.  Look no further than Rondo's play after Perk left.  Maybe KG's play picks up if Sheed is back.  KG got Sheed to play for Celtics once and it might happen again.  I didn't see anything terribly bad when Sheed was playing for the Celtics.  Danny Ainge should be banging the phones up to the trade deadline.

Sections
Shortcuts