Celtics need to find a coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics need to find a coach

It's time for Ainge to turn his attention to finding a coach. This is a mess and it's time to let Doc go figure out what he wants to do  and let the Clippers worry about their problems.

Let's get ready for the draft. KG will do what he does and Ainge might as well waive PP and let's keep it moving.

Ainge tried to encourage Doc to go find a job so he could get compensation and it's turned into a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if Wyc isn't ticked about the mess Ainge created or already knows about what the plan was. If CP3 wants to play for Doc so bad then work a S&T for Rondo and have him come to the Celtics...other than that time to stop the madness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Celtics need to find a coach

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

It's time for Ainge to turn his attention to finding a coach. This is a mess and it's time to let Doc go figure out what he wants to do  and let the Clippers worry about their problems.

Let's get ready for the draft. KG will do what he does and Ainge might as well waive PP and let's keep it moving.

Ainge tried to encourage Doc to go find a job so he could get compensation and it's turned into a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if Wyc isn't ticked about the mess Ainge created or already knows about what the plan was. If CP3 wants to play for Doc so bad then work a S&T for Rondo and have him come to the Celtics...other than that time to stop the madness.

yes we need to find a new coach...i don't want Doc on this team...how can the players follow him anymore? he doesn't want to coach them but they should still listen to him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

HIRE GEORGE KARL ALREADY !

I CAN'T BELIEVE CELTICS FANS AREN'T SCREAMING FOR HIM TO BE HIRED !

HE'S ONE OF THE TOP 3 COACHES IN THE LEAGUE !

DISCUSS.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The problem is that if the Celtics cannot find a team to offer them compensation for Doc Rivers, they're not going to just release him outright from his contract. How can they turn down a second round draft pick for him (which is already abysmal to begin with) and then let him leave for free? That would be utterly asinine. Now that Ainge decided to hold out for more, and rightfully so, he's stuck with a coach who doesn't want to be here. The fans will be unhappy with Rivers, but he's not an idiot. He's not leaving a $7 million a year contract for $1 million a year in the broadcast booth. He'll awkwardly and reluctantly remain head coach of the Celtics on a year to year basis until either his contract expires or another team offers a first round pick as compensation for him. At this point, neither side really has another choice on the matter. I expect that the Monday press conference will be Ainge and Rivers claiming that they'll continue to work together, that the trade talks with the Clippers were just about the business of basketball and doing your due diligence, that Rivers still loves Boston and believes the team can advance deep into the playoffs, etc. There'll be some phony laughter and back-slapping. They'll speak in platitudes and limit the press to 5 minutes of questions they won't really answer.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Hire Brian Shaw to spite the Lakers.

Hire Byron Scott to spite the Clippers.  The next Celtics coach is a sacrificial lamb anyways so why not really screw the Clippers in the process.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

With all the nonsense over the years about how great a coach Doc is.... 2nd best in NBA and FA's would love to play for him.... all we're hearing is crickets when it comes to teams offering up compensation to get the superstar coach///

As of right now I dont think its a big deal who they hire to coach this team... we had some real tough situations to handle to begin with and now, with Docs attempted escape to LA and mutiny of the Celtics... things got even worse.

Id be more inclined to find us a good GM... Hey Larry, stop hunting critters and brewing moonshine and come back to Boston & the NBA

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

With all the nonsense over the years about how great a coach Doc is.... 2nd best in NBA and FA's would love to play for him.... all we're hearing is crickets when it comes to teams offering up compensation to get the superstar coach///

As of right now I dont think its a big deal who they hire to coach this team... we had some real tough situations to handle to begin with and now, with Docs attempted escape to LA and mutiny of the Celtics... things got even worse.

Id be more inclined to find us a good GM... Hey Larry, stop hunting critters and brewing moonshine and come back to Boston & the NBA

The reason I don't want Bird here as the GM is because posters like you will be howling for his head 3 years from now.  Ainge is one of the best GM's in the game and you are too stupid to see it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I like this idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I doubt we can hire a coach like Karl until the situation with Doc is resolved.  If we can get a #1 pick for Doc then we can hire a high priced coach like Karl. If not, Wyc has to pay Doc $7M per AND pay a high priced coach lie Karl.

We could hire a coach like Shaw, Del Negro or Avery Johnson

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

The reason I don't want Bird here as the GM is because posters like you will be howling for his head 3 years from now.  Ainge is one of the best GM's in the game and you are too stupid to see it.

Are you really such a fool to not want a good GM because a BDC poster might criticize him? LOL  Youre either one of fierces many ids or his equal in the brains dept

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Billy Donovan! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well one of the assistants was just hired by the Suns...Mike Longabardi. Who was the defensive coach.

Maybe this is a good thing because our defense stunk. Now where is Nate McMillan?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Are you really such a fool to not want a good GM because a BDC poster might criticize him? LOL  Youre either one of fierces many ids or his equal in the brains dept

No, dipsh*t.  I don't want Bird here because I don't believe he's better than Ainge.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

George Karl. We're not as bad as many think we'll make the playoffs without PP and KG. If we can trade both KG and PP in a 3 team megs deal with Clips or another DH/CP3  suitor those contracts would go a long way in helping any of the teams in a 3 way deal and we could get some talent back or 1 more year of being up or over cap but have enough to sign 2 almost max deals to do what ever in the 2014 offseason. Even if they both stay there are some MLE guys that could help us short term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Doug Collins or McMillan

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I like Doug Collins if he's into it.  what about KG as the player coach for a year?  you never know

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

The problem is that if the Celtics cannot find a team to offer them compensation for Doc Rivers, they're not going to just release him outright from his contract. How can they turn down a second round draft pick for him (which is already abysmal to begin with) and then let him leave for free? That would be utterly asinine. Now that Ainge decided to hold out for more, and rightfully so, he's stuck with a coach who doesn't want to be here. The fans will be unhappy with Rivers, but he's not an idiot. He's not leaving a $7 million a year contract for $1 million a year in the broadcast booth. He'll awkwardly and reluctantly remain head coach of the Celtics on a year to year basis until either his contract expires or another team offers a first round pick as compensation for him. At this point, neither side really has another choice on the matter. I expect that the Monday press conference will be Ainge and Rivers claiming that they'll continue to work together, that the trade talks with the Clippers were just about the business of basketball and doing your due diligence, that Rivers still loves Boston and believes the team can advance deep into the playoffs, etc. There'll be some phony laughter and back-slapping. They'll speak in platitudes and limit the press to 5 minutes of questions they won't really answer.

Very well written, articulate and spot on Post. I couldn't agree with you anymore than I already do. The Spin is being worked on this weekend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Its possible and if that's the case I expect Rondo to get dealt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Dont think the Lakers care at all about that... if they did, they could have hired Shaw a long time ago so obviously they dont think he is good enough to care

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc is going to stay. Unless the Clippers come through.

Sections
Shortcuts