Celtics Needs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeNH. Show joeNH's posts

Celtics Needs

To many folks have short memories. The Celts didn't loose because they weren't "quick" enough up front! (They were actually in all the games till the last 4 minutes of the quarter).

They lost because KG had to "carry the load" all season to J. Oneal's and Shaq injuries at center and was wasted at the end of the season.

The Perk trade was probably the worst trade in Celtics history! Even if the trade was beneficial in the long run, the new crew had little time to learn the new system. Shaq was a non factor and J's back looked worst than L.B's.

Rondo's injury sealed the deal. Look at the box scores for all the games. Celts were pretty even for most with one exception (REBOUNDS! 43 to 28 in the last game alone!). We need big bangers at center and forward. Big bangers would have neutralized L and Wade's attack to the basket!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celtics Needs

KG was so exhausted by the rebounding load and anchoring the front line with out Shaq that he could not do the things he did pre-March.  He was beaten down by the minutes as you say.  Ray and Paul clearly suffered as well with extra minutes as injuries piled up.

I hear all the suggestions for retreads and projects and we need to look at where  these moves have gotten us the last two years.  Dead tired and injured at the time of year when it counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Celtics Needs:
    To many folks have short memories. The Celts didn't loose because they weren't "quick" enough up front! (They were actually in all the games till the last 4 minutes of the quarter). They lost because KG had to "carry the load" all season to J. Oneal's and Shaq injuries at center and was wasted at the end of the season. The Perk trade was probably the worst trade in Celtics history! Even if the trade was beneficial in the long run, the new crew had little time to learn the new system. Shaq was a non factor and J's back looked worst than L.B's. Rondo's injury sealed the deal. Look at the box scores for all the games. Celts were pretty even for most with one exception (REBOUNDS! 43 to 28 in the last game alone!). We need big bangers at center and forward. Big bangers would have neutralized L and Wade's attack to the basket!
    Posted by joeNH

They were down 2 zip before Ronod got hurt.  Danny was pretty emphatic that the trade was not the reason they lost in his interview.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Perkins was definitely not the reason they went down. Mainly age, injuries and a Miami team that is STACKED. Danny sounds like a realist: sign Green, shop one of the big three (probably Allen), cash in the draft pick they got for Perkins, go on the free agent market when Ray and KG are off the books. Doc's on for five more years; so they're going to re-build around Rondo, Green, and whatever else they can find. Green is gonna sign and start; if they sign Baby, I still see him as a 6th man. He wants more, so he may go elsewhere. Too bad he can't lose 30 lbs. BUT... One thing: can they find a center?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Needs:
    They need one major player to start ...Dwight Howard........they also need to get rid of dead weight on bench ....get some bench guys who are top 3pt shooters. or guys that can shoot the mid range. Offense always dropped when bench came in.
    Posted by sday4x4

Danny - Hey Dwight, we have a point guard that can't shoot, 3 hall of famers on their last legs, and a c rappy bench..... when can you start? 

Dwight - Wow Danny that sounds like such an attractive package.  Hey Danny not sure if you have heard but players of my caliber will make the maximum allowable amount probably until I am 38 years old - so should I not go to a team that has a chance to win?  You see for me, after 7 years, it is all about hardware.

I can see it happening, I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat..... lmao

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I sense that the BIG 3 will be back next year. I read in a sports journal somewhere---don't recall the source---that Kobe could become a Celtic...UGH !!!

Remember when Jeter was not immediately gobbled up by the Yankees and there was talk the Red Sox would love him & quickly thereafter he was resigned. I do not believe the Lakers would ever let Kobe go to the Celtics. 

As a spetuagenarian I like older guys still able to compete in sports and I believe the Big 3 have another year in them perhaps all playing 1/2 minutes. And you know, although Kobe is a DIVA, but far fetched as it is, if he did come to Boston, Garnett & group would not let him have his way as he has done with LA. With Rondo healthy next year, Jeff Green & Delonte West now more experienced working with this team, we should consider getting rid of BBD & somehow get a young powerful center. but keeping JON too.  Don't know if we can get Howard, maybe need to offer Rondo with BBD and some $ & draft picks. I'd even swap Rondo even up for Chris Paul. Having a guard who can shoot from the perimeter and can drive to the basket too, we would not need someone as dominant as Howard under the basket as opponents would need come out and defend Paul as many did not Rondo not fearing his shooting so had an extra person underneath for rebounds.

Any Thoughts ???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    You have a lot of knowledge of basketball personnel why don't you tell us what the Celtics should do to improve the team for the upcoming year. We know what you don't like so put on your GM's hat and tells the moves you would make.

Sections
Shortcuts