Celtics next coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics next coach?

Reports are that Lawrence Frank could be headed to Tenn. So if Doc steps down after we win #18. :-) what direction does Ainge go in?

I kept pushing for Ainge to make Thibs the successor last season and give him a big raise but that's not happening now.

I wonder would Sloan come back and coach 2 years with a chance to get him a ring. Sloan deserves to have a ring with all of his success.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Celtics next coach?

In Response to Celtics next coach?:
    [QUOTE]Reports are that Lawrence Frank could be headed to Tenn. So if Doc steps down after we win #18. :-) what direction does Ainge go in? I kept pushing for Ainge to make Thibs the successor last season and give him a big raise but that's not happening now. I wonder would Sloan come back and coach 2 years with a chance to get him a ring. Sloan deserves to have a ring with all of his success.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I love Jerry Sloan. A terrific coach. No nonsense. A disciplinarian. Confrontational. Straight talking. Demanding.

And how long would he put up with Rondo's tantrums?

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

On another board someone said Danny is going to make a big splash? This person thought Bird would be let go by Indiana and return to Boston. I do not think he would.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Jerry Sloan.....Really??? You guys crack me up! Jerry Sloan...lmbao

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Frank HAD to have come to Boston with more than a mere chance that if DAinge liked what he saw, if Doc stepped down, then Frank would be his successor. The interviews and the way Doc and DAinge speak about him, the way they delegate authority to Frank indicate as much. I could be wrong, but.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

KG?

Russell did it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Rumors are that Doc wants to see his son play at Duke.

KG could be a player coach.

The Celtics will likely have a down period after KG retires, so attracting first rate talent may be a problem.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What am I missing? (A long list, I know). Has Doc said he's going somewhere?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG will NOT be a player-coach. LOL! Those days are long gone. We will never see one again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Sloan would be intruiging.....if Doc rides into the sunset after this season, win or lose, I think it will be Frank's job to lose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

I keep hearing Kevin McHale's name being thrown around, but nobody on this thread has mentioned him.  Last year, during the "Doc is leaving" speculation, he was mentioned often as a possible successor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rick Pitino!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Why can't you just appreciate what we have now?  The team is gelling and getting bodies back, preparing for a HARD championship run and now we need to start a coaching change discussion?

You guys like picking scabs in your spare time?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Kevin McHale hates coaching.

The only reason that he did in Sota was because Glen Talor made him do it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The KG idea may be funny to some of you. Is there a rule against such things now?

Here is the Logic

KG has said that when Doc goes, he goes.

A way to keep the group together for one more year might be to make him a player coach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

<<Kevin McHale hates coaching.>>

Hi, TeamUmbutu,

It may be true that KM hates coaching; I wouldn't know.  I don't remember much about him coaching in Minnesota, except that he did.  However, it was  mentioned numerous times last year, both on tv and in articles online and in  newspapers.  At least one of the articles I read suggested that he might do it if Doc decided not to come back and Danny Ainge prevailed on him to do it.  At least one other article said he would be one of a couple of front runners for the job.  I never heard KM comment on it, but it seemed to me that it was a good possibility. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I used watch the Wolves when KG played.

McHale was forced to coach by the owner. He never cared for it.

You may be right, however, there are always people that suggest it or think it, but unless McHale has completely changed his view of the world, it is wishful thinking.

Besides, he loves to talk, and he has a great gig on TNT.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What crazy ideas for coaches.  I hope Doc stays.  If not I hope it is not Sloan.  

Danny need to get Doc to stay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavCeltic. Show SavCeltic's posts

Lawrence Frank has been an NBA head coach for many years and has lots of responsibility with the Celts...he is the obvious choice to replace Doc if he steps down...which had to be Danny's thought process all along....bring someone in to get him acclimated to the system and the players, and have him succeed Doc in a year or two.

Sections
Shortcuts