Celtics Next Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Celtics Next Year

Can these two guys play together?   It didn't work well in the early part of the year.   For one Rondo dominates the ball.  Jeff is a player that needs to have the ball in his hands for those thunderous dunks.  He hasn't so far shown he is a guy that uses picks to get open for jumpers while RR holds until he gets open.

The whole season next year depends on Rondo.  He has to be more of a scorer for himself. He also has to do more WITHOUT the ball.  Other players touching the ball to create something.  I don't think our team is that far off with a healthy team even keeping PP and KG.

Lets look at the team:

KG- anyone that does'nt know what he brings to the team- well hmm,  forget it.

PP-  He is a scorer- something we need. 

RR-  The guy that can control the ball when needed,  also talented enough to do a lot of things. He has to score 16-20 pts a game.

Sully-  We have a rebounder,  hopefully he will be better this year.

AB-  He can give us a stopper when not asked to do a lot of other things.

Jeff-  He stepped up and hopefully could lead the team in scoring

Now that is a pretty good team.  Lets add some bench help.

another draft pick- get lucky

Get a guard that can create for himself and can SCORE

Randolph develops

Make some trades with JT, CL, BB, MELO, Crawford (possible keeper).  Get some size

All of this depends on Doc doing his job better. We have to get uptempo. Doc has to play his bench.  He can't overplay KG and PP.

I can see this team being competitive.  Will they win a championship?  Doubtful but how many teams out there can say they got a chance next year?  I can name them on one hand. The point being this is better than a crapshoot lottery than nothing is guaranteed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Celtics Next Year

lots of good points. i agree that RR needs to score more and needs to learn to be less possessive of the ball. those two things are not mutually exclusive. what kills us is his dribbling the ball until there are 3 seconds on the shot clock. we need more ball movement and he needs to decide early in the possession if he's going to score or facilitate someone else. i agree that the ball needs to be in green's hands more. so much of the above rests on whether rondo can be a different player than he's been in the past. big question.

as for green, i think he should be the starter at the 3. that means PP needs to either come off the bench or move on. i'm not sure he's willing to come off the bench. and i'm not sure green can thrive with PP looking over his shoulder. so i'm more in favor of PP suiting up for someone else next year. unless, of course we're just writing next year off.

as for KG, i think he can start or come off the bench at the 4 and spend some time at the 5 if we go small. i'd like to see sully, if healthy, eat into KG's minutes at the 4. we know green can play the 4 if needed, but i don't think it's his natural position.

i think we need a lot of help at the 2 and 5. i don't think we have a starting 2 on the team right now. terry is old. bradley is great, but more of a role player and doesn't have the shot to start at the 2. lee is a great energy guy, but probably not a starter. so we need someone there who can open things up by nailing 3s. think a younger ray allen. and we obiviously need help at the 5. we need a starter there. so for me the 2 and 5 need the most attention in the draft and/or free agency. i can see the argument for taking the best available player, regardless of position, in the draft. we're not deep at any position. but the 2 and 5 need to be addressed at some point.

as for doc, he is what he is. we know that. i would not expect him to change any more than i would expect rondo to do so. so i don't see him willfully limiting KG's and PP's minutes. how many times have we heard that? and how many times has he ignored that supposed plan?

whatever happens, it's going to be an interesting summer. and if we come back with mostly the same team next year, i will expect the same results, more or less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

If PP goes, it's highly likely that KG will be gone too. I think Danny Ainge should shop Bradley in search of a big or a scorer. Bradley and Rondo together make too small a backcourt.  Bradley has proven also to be erratic on offense. While it's always good to put a premium on defense, the Celtics waterloo has been offense. If PP and KG go or retire, the Celtics will definitely need to upgrade its offense. I doubt if Jeff Green can pick-up the scoring load of the two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

If PP goes, it's highly likely that KG will be gone too. I think Danny Ainge should shop Bradley in search of a big or a scorer. Bradley and Rondo together make too small a backcourt.  Bradley has proven also to be erratic on offense. While it's always good to put a premium on defense, the Celtics waterloo has been offense. If PP and KG go or retire, the Celtics will definitely need to upgrade its offense. I doubt if Jeff Green can pick-up the scoring load of the two.

I doubt either would retire.  KG possibly if PP is gone.  PP is not finished I don't think.  He will be playing somewhere next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I doubt either would retire.  KG possibly if PP is gone.  PP is not finished I don't think.  He will be playing somewhere next year.

The Bulls need a player like Pierce. We need to get Butler and a #1 for him, and what ever expiring contract we had to take to make the money work!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-16/sports/ct-spt-0517-bits-bulls-chicago-20130517_1_tom-thibodeau-marquis-teague-jimmy-butler

looks like the bulls have other plans for Butler. Good thought though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

The Bulls need a player like Pierce. We need to get Butler and a #1 for him, and what ever expiring contract we had to take to make the money work!!

It's tough as no matter how we shake next year out we'll still be in transition, and all this while other teams (in the East alone) are on an upward trajectory. Banner 18 will not happen next year- and I think we have to accept that now. DA has had a year-to-year since 2007 but this season, it's time for the old 3 year plan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

It's tough as no matter how we shake next year out we'll still be in transition, and all this while other teams (in the East alone) are on an upward trajectory. Banner 18 will not happen next year- and I think we have to accept that now. DA has had a year-to-year since 2007 but this season, it's time for the old 3 year plan.

You're right, that's why i want to get young and get as many picks as we can!!

Sections
Shortcuts