Celtics no better than 6th seed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: Celtics no better than 6th seed

"Last years team wasn't better at the end of the year."

Im talking about the same time last year, when we had perk,jo, shaq,delonte,marquis,nate,bbaby. That was a great bench, the problem was no one could stay healthy.  Bass and bbaby practically cancel each other out and dooling is a downgrade from delonte.  Id rather have shaq and perk over wilcox .  So I dont see how you can honestly say that this is our best team since 2008.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics no better than 6th seed:
    [QUOTE]"Last years team wasn't better at the end of the year." Im talking about the same time last year, when we had perk,jo, shaq,delonte,marquis,nate,bbaby. That was a great bench, the problem was no one could stay healthy.  Bass and bbaby practically cancel each other out and dooling is a downgrade from delonte.  Id rather have shaq and perk over wilcox .  So I dont see how you can honestly say that this is our best team since 2008.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

Have to agree.. but we didnt have Perk beginning last season and lost DWest pretty quick.

That said, the team we started the season with last year is much better than this years version imo.

Shaq was playing great for us and so was KG.  Quis, JON & BBD off the bench with DWest in the backcourt.. Pretty darn good lineup. Too bad injuries or I think we would have taken another title. Can anyone really say that with a straight face about this years team? />

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If healthy the roster last year was far superior to this year's team.  Not even close.  And remember the Big 3 when guys get into their mid thirties every year you have to downgrade their abilities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The key, like every year, is who is going to be healthy.

Who can say what will happen.

Defense can be brought every night, and offense comes and goes. As long as the Celtics remain healthy and maintain their defensive focus, anything can happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

it's reasonable to expect this team will enjoy greater health than last year's bunch. why do so many fans here have such trouble mustering a little enthusiasm for a celtic team that will play hard and compete? i think it has to do w/ a variety of naysayers making it their business to bark the loudest, the most often.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics no better than 6th seed:
    [QUOTE]"Last years team wasn't better at the end of the year." Im talking about the same time last year, when we had perk,jo, shaq,delonte,marquis,nate,bbaby. That was a great bench, the problem was no one could stay healthy.  Bass and bbaby practically cancel each other out and dooling is a downgrade from delonte.  Id rather have shaq and perk over wilcox .  So I dont see how you can honestly say that this is our best team since 2008.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

We didn't have Perk, we didn't have Delonte, we ONLY had Baby, Nate and Marquis, with Wafer.  Shaq started!!

We do need another player, but Green was supposed to be the answer.  Dooling is as good as Delonte, Moore is good, Marquis is good, and the bigs are both better than Baby OR Semih!

Sections
Shortcuts